• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People You Thought Were Dead

I thought Chris Brasher had died relatively recently but it turned out it was back in 2003. I also found out his boots were discontinued a few years ago (maybe that is what confused me) but I probably don't need to worry as I reckon mine will outlive me.

I thought Chris Brasher had died relatively recently but it turned out it was back in 2003. I also found out his boots were discontinued a few years ago (maybe that is what confused me) but I probably don't need to worry as I reckon mine will outlive me.
I think Berghaus have taken over the manufacture of Brasher boots?

Edit to add, yes they have been made by Berghaus since 1996.

I have been trying to find out what is going on but it is very confusing. The name must have been reinstated.
It appears that both Brasher and Berghaus are owned by the Pentland Group. The official Brasher website shows the brand being part of Blacks, which is also owned by Pentland (along with JD Sports, Speedo, GO Outdoors, Lacoste, Mitre, Red or Dead and a good few other brands).

It appears that both Brasher and Berghaus are owned by the Pentland Group. The official Brasher website shows the brand being part of Blacks, which is also owned by Pentland (along with JD Sports, Speedo, GO Outdoors, Lacoste, Mitre, Red or Dead and a good few other brands).
In other words, it's a trap of Ackbarian proportions. A brand with a good name is bought over then made as cheaply as possible in order to cash in on the good name.:(

I'll bet you 'googled it' and invoked the FTMB curse.
How about a mass googling of Bono to invoke the FTMB Curse?
Currently working on the Russell Brand Problem, Viz-A-Viz FTMB Curse....

28112552-man-with-gas-mask-working-with-silver-laptop-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Why did I think Graham Norton carked it earlier this year?

Well he is 90 so I suppose he's slowed down a bit.
There was a season of his work on TV a couple of months back. Perhaps it was because of his reaching 90, and I've remembered it as a tribute after his death.

There was a season of his work on TV a couple of months back. Perhaps it was because of his reaching 90, and I've remembered it as a tribute after his death.
Yes, possibly.
BBC4 had a prog from 1987 (where he discusses film making) followed by two 'Harry Palmer' films last night.

Back