• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Perception, Colour & Language

Has anyone else noticed that the gilets jaunes are more like gilets verts?

I don't have any colour dysfunction (that I'm aware of) but I do seem to have trouble with my blues and greens, compared to other people. I was disturbed to find most people thought a car I used to own was green; to my eyes it was blue. A bluey green for sure, but defo on the side of blue. Paperwork confirmed green. Weird.

I don't have any colour dysfunction (that I'm aware of) but I do seem to have trouble with my blues and greens, compared to other people. I was disturbed to find most people thought a car I used to own was green; to my eyes it was blue. A bluey green for sure, but defo on the side of blue. Paperwork confirmed green. Weird.

Don't know how significant or scientific this test is, but it doesn't take long (I have normal colour vision apparently)

https://enchroma.com/pages/test

One of my cars that I thought was dark blue used to look green from a distance. When walking back to it after a dog walk I'd have trouble picking it out.

I also have normal colour vision.

There was just one that I wasn't too sure of. But at 74 year old I'm happy with the result.

INT21.

My brother-in-law has a colour blindness but I don't know what. He says the London Underground tube map isn't very clear, purple Met, brown Bakerloo, dark blue Piccadilly lines all blur into one colour.

Have we touched on people who have beyond-normal colour vision? There are a few about who can see further into the ultraviolet than most of us.

Have we touched on people who have beyond-normal colour vision? There are a few about who can see further into the ultraviolet than most of us.
Like this guy, who after cataract surgery can see more colours than the rest of us us (though his what he actually 'sees' is of course within the same colour range - i.e. he can perceive further into the spectrum, but ultraviolet still looks like violet rather than The Colour Out Of Space) http://www.komar.org/faq/colorado-cataract-surgery-crystalens/ultra-violet-color-glow/

Woops, that's what I meant. I'll edit.

Isn't it still red, blue, green ?

The three colours used to generate what we see on out monitors and TV sets.

INT21.

Back