• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pet Psychics

A

Anonymous

For those who like to talk about cats, why not try talking to them with a more direct method courtesy of the pet psychic.

According to the Amazing Randi, she offers one-on-one psychic readings via phone for the low, low price of just $300/hr, with a one-hour minimum.
Apparently, "Sonya's first intimate relationship was with her terrier....."
I didn't think it was that kind of a website....

I'm no pet psychic but I can tell what that dog's thinking: "Get this bitch's hands from round my neck!"

Did anyone see this today?
If you didnt you watched one of the most cringe worthy pile of crap that I have had the misfortune to see. The "psychic" in question gave such predictable and non comittal answers I couldnt believe that people were taking it seriously. For example when aparently talking to a skink the animal told her that it had a favourite place in its tank where it liked to sit. She also asked a women if her dog was seen as a member of the family, to be greeted by sequeals from the delited owner who confirmed that yes the dog was seen as a member of the family. :roll:

The thing that scares me is the this animal psychic really believed in what she was saying and didnt seem at all concerned that her answers could have been given by anyone with a slight knowledge of animal behaviour.

It's the perfect scam. Who can prove you're faking it?
People worried about their pets line up in a queue for you. And if you're lucky you get some celebrities as regular customers.

As you probibly know, my cat passed away a couple of Saturdays ago. In my grief I phoned quite a few of those stupid £1.50 a minute rip off 'psychic' lines. Luckily I've learnt my lesson, the poeple on there are no more psychic than my big toe. (Actually, to keep you on the line, most of them go on about their own animals or relatives or talk about basic animal behaviour, stuff that any pet owner knows.)
Before Pumpkins' passing I had heard of animal communicators, people who claim to 'talk' to animals via telepathy. (In fact there was a programme on CH4 about it last week.) Since his passing I've found a lot of them that say death is no barrier, they can still communicate.
One I tried insists on a photo though (As most do) and I've not had them delveloped yet. I wondered why as a 'people' medium doesn't need one?
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had had any experiance with animal communicators, or knows someone that has, and what peoples general views on them are?

Hmm, sounds like a scam to me, I'd be very careful.

Did you see Harry Hill making fun of the Animal Communicator programme at the weekend? Very funny, and it didn't build my confidence in the practitioners.

No, I missed it last week, have to watch the repeat. Mind you, the whole tone of the animal communication programme was done in a piss take style by the commentator. However, even he was unnerved by some of of the acuracy (Spl?) and results. Apart from that dog of course! :lol:

Back