• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Phallic Statues, Sculptures & Structures

Kingsize Wombat

Justified & Ancient
Employees of a municipality in central Sweden are scratching their heads over a mysterious giant wooden penis found in the middle of a busy park.

Hagfors, a municipality of around 12,000 people in the Värmland region in western Sweden, put out a call for help finding the owner of the carved object on Facebook earlier this week.

"We got a phone call from a resident who was visiting Blinkenbergs park. She explained there was a really huge penis sitting on a tree in the middle of the park. Our employees in the area went straight to the place to investigate, and sure enough, there it was. Over a metre long, and very well made," Nathalie Andersson from Hagfors Municipality told The Local.

"It's not the first wooden penis we've found, but it's absolutely the biggest. We tend to find the penises here and there: often in the forest, or near swimming spots. But this time there was a huge penis sitting right in the middle of central Hagfors, in a popular park. All the penises are very well made, and the people or person who makes them has been putting a lot of effort into it. Sometimes they're lacquered, sometimes painted."

Link - with image of giant wooden penis here: https://www.thelocal.se/20170901/ca...ry-of-this-giant-wooden-penis-found-in-sweden

Incredibly, this isn't the first time mysterious wooden penises have reared their heads in Hagfors. An enthusiast – or group of enthusiasts – has been leaving the objects lying around for a while now. This one had by far the biggest length and girth however.

Uh - oh ... The serial unsub is 'escalating' ... :nails:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/03/giant-wooden-penis-appears-on-top-of-a-mountain-7052049/

MtOetscher-Phallus.jpg

A giant cock of wood is errected atop an Alpine mountain.

If you know a man who’s a bit insecure of his manhood, then I’d recommend they don’t visit the Austrian Alps.

Why? Because a giant wooden penis has been erected on top of a 1,893 metre-high (6,211 ft) mountain. Somehow and for some reason, someone has managed to plonk a huge sculpture of an erect penis right at the top of Mount Oetscher.

The phallic statue, nestled on an Alpine peak in south-western Lower Austria, was discovered by blogger Marika Roth. ...

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2017/11/03/giant-wooden-penis-appears-on-top-of-a-mountain-7052049/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't like that on my nose as a wart.

:omg::omr::truce:

A rather naughty lighthouse...

I don’t want to piss on your chips, but that general shape is rather the sine qua non of lighthousiness.

A feminist-designed version - perhaps a gentle pink light set in a 10-foot deep trench, surrounded by a neatly-trimmed hedge - might assuage the ire of the terminally right-on. To a desperate mariner, however, it would be about as much use as Anne Frank’s bagpipes.

maximus otter

I don’t want to piss on your chips, but that general shape is rather the sine qua non of lighthousiness.

A feminist-designed version - perhaps a gentle pink light set in a 10-foot deep trench, surrounded by a neatly-trimmed hedge - might assuage the ire of the terminally right-on. To a desperate mariner, however, it would be about as much use as Anne Frank’s bagpipes.

maximus otter

Now a pair of big domes with lights on top would attract the attention of most sailors :)

South Korea's bizarre penis-themed park

I wonder if Yith knows of this..
Visitors to Haesindang Park, near the coastal village of Sinnam, South Korea, can see almost 300 erect phallic statues all dedicated to the memory of a virgin bride-to-be who was left on a rock by her fisherman fiancé when he went off to work.

When a storm came in she is said to have drowned and ever since her spirit can only be pleased by the sight of male genitalia.

The sculpted sex organs come in all shapes and sizes, from dreamcatchers to a six foot penis cannon that rises and falls throughout the day.

It is not known exactly when the penises started to appear on the edge of the Korean fishing village, 40 minutes south of Samcheok.

The park is now thought to be home to the largest collection of penises in the world and was opened to the public in 2007.

Inside-South-Koreas-penis-theme-parkvx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I've no knowledge of that place particularly, but it's worth noting that on many of the small islands and along the south coast carved phallic figures are common. The reasons as I have had them explained to me are linked to fishing. In days past when a large number of men working the seas as fishermen, fatalities were common and a wife could never be sure when her husband might not return. Also, there were often longer expeditions and your man might not be back in your bed very often, so fertility was a big issue: you might only have a few good opportunities to conceive; the statues (typical example below) were to 'magically' promote fertility, but also to remind me of their duty to further their bloodline at the earliest opportunity.

This kind of chap--especially on Jeju Island--is everywhere:

p1250839.jpg

The playful slang in Korean for a penis is 'gochu', a chili pepper, with various puns and innuendo about small ones being more spicy and eating chilis.

As a footnote: it's also standard practice in South Korea and Japan (I believe) to circumcise as a boy nears puberty, not at birth--which I found shocking. Needless to say, the few times I've seen a poor chap coming back from the hospital, he hasn't looked overly pleased. Being of the non-physically-self-conscious variety, I've been in naked saunas in Japan and Korea as the only non-Asian man, and the presences of foreskin usually gets at least one or two second glances. Saunas, by the way, are a way of life here, I don't go cruising bathhouses... often...

Last edited:
as much wank as you can stomach for 99 bucks a year, deal

The Mount Wank cable car sounds good ..

Disney would call it Wank Mountain. And charge a lot more.

Meanwhile, in Germany ... An indeterminate number of years ago someone installed a large wooden sculpture of a penis / phallus atop Gruenten Mountain (aka The Grünten).

MtGruenten-Phallus.jpg

It's now gone missing ...
German police probe mystery of missing giant phallus statue

Police in southern Germany have opened an investigation into the disappearance of a large wooden sculpture of a phallus from a mountainside where it appeared without explanation several years ago.

Local newspaper Allgaeuer Zeitung reported Monday that the almost 7-foot tall sculpture appeared to have been chopped down over the weekend, with just a sorry pile of sawdust left behind on the 5,702-foot high Gruenten mountain.

The male genitalia had gained celebrity status in recent years as a destination for hikers, and even appeared on Google Maps, where it was classified as a “cultural monument.” Local lore has it that it was made as a prank birthday present for a young man whose family didn’t appreciate the gift and so the 440-pound sculpture was hauled up the mountain and left there. ...

SOURCE: https://nypost.com/2020/11/30/german-police-probe-mystery-of-missing-giant-phallus-statue/

Makes a change, from "metaliths".

Last edited:
I heard there is a village in Ethiopia surrounded by obviously shaped megaliths.

Back