• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pharaoh's Pump

Cult_of_Mana

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Click here to read about a theory that the Great Pyramid at Giza is a water pump! This amazing claim originated from a guy named Edward Kunkel and is now being championed by the Pharaoh's Pump Foundation. The website briefly summarizes his thesis and urges you to buy his book for the fine details. Apparently the PPF is building a scale model of the Great Pyramid in order to prove Kunkel's theory.

Coming next: the Lighthouse at Pharos was a cigarette lighter for very tall people.

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon was the greatest achievement of "Ground Force" (and completed in just three days!)

The Temple of Artemis was a giant game of Bar Billiards.

Wonder what they'll conclude Stonehenge was?

Stu Neville said:
.Wonder what they'll conclude Stonehenge was?

Obviously Stu, it was a game of skittles for the same lot of tall people who used the Pharos as a cigarette lighter!!!!!!

Mana said:
Click here to read about a theory that the Great Pyramid at Giza is a water pump! This amazing claim originated from a guy named Edward Kunkel

*sigh* Some people have just too much time on their hands, don't they?

:confused:

Carole

There was a theory a while back that the building blocks of the Pyramids were actually made of cement.

Which explained how it was done - no dragging blocks up ramps and all - and why they fitted so perfectly together - one was molded, then the one next to it, etc.
And also something about the stones making up the Pyramids being denser at the bottom than at the top - if they were made of cement, the heavier aggregates would have drifted to the bottom as they dried.

I'm not sure the word is 'cement', btw. Can't remember my construction terms.

That is an interesting theory and has some credibility since concrete was invented by the Romans, so the technology has been around for a very long time.

However, I think it is very easy to tell the difference between cut stone and an amalgam like cement/contrete so it would have been picked up on long ago.

Ah, for the use of a time capsule to go back and see for myself...

thanks

Uncle Bulgaria

the pump

Got to admit its alot easier floating rocks into place,than dragging them up a ramp.Funny finding the remains of a dam,but not the remains of a ramp.

Back