• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Phil Schneider

Just an update: the Phil Schneider wikipedia page still seems to exist on Google. If you do a google search the wiki page exists on its search engine. But the talk page doesnt.

Just an update. The Schneider page is back up registered in Wikipedia. There is also a lenghty comment from his wife Cynthia explaining the shocking amount of errors in his autopsy report and the fact that forensic evidence "disappeared" from the forensics lab....

It's suddenly difficult to find any info about Phil Schneider. Wonder why?

Last edited by a moderator:
He did die under suspicious circumstances only a short while after he told all to the world.
Very odd indeed.
*does quick lookup*

Hmm lot of places claim he was murdered by strangulation, then his personal notes and manuscripts stolen.

There used to be an article about the late geologist Phil Schneider . He claimed he was witness a gun battle between US soldiers and ET's. He said he survived a radiation blast from one of the ET's weapons. His wife posted stuff about him on that Wikipedia article. ...

The latest version of the MIA Wikipedia article on Philip Schneider (dated 21 June 2007) can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070621203758/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Schneider

I would contend it's not going down the pan, it's merely lying fallow for a bit - you can say that Forteana as a whole is like a Ferris Wheel, and that UFOlogy just happens to be in one of the downward seats at the moment. Give it time and it'll ascend once more as ghosts or crypto or something else goes downwards.
And Lo! It came to pass...

It def feels like someone was "plugging a leak". The question is why then? I heard that he'd been planning to publish a book. but that the book would basically be every secret he had, and not just UFO stuff?

The latest version of the MIA Wikipedia article on Philip Schneider (dated 21 June 2007) can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070621203758/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Schneider

Doing some idle Googling about Mr. Schneider’s colourful claims, l find that his father, Captain Oscar Schneider, MD, US Navy, did work on the world’s first nuclear submarine, the USS Nautilus. The idea that he had been a U-boat commander in the Kriegsmarine in WWII, however, is not supported by the fact that he had a US Social Security number issued in Portland, Oregon. l appreciate that that doesn’t necessarily mean that he was US born and raised, but it’s strongly suggestive that he was.

As to the 66 fatalities allegedly suffered by Delta Force operators during the 1979 battle with aliens at Dulce, l’d say that that was highly unlikely for more than just the obvious reasons. Delta is a tiny unit, and had only become mission-ready after initial training in autumn 1979. lt subsequently went on to take a large role in the abortive rescue of US hostages from Iran on 24/25.4.80, a task of which - in my very nonmilitary opinion- it would have been incapable if it had lost 66 of its small pool of highly-trained soldiers only months previously.

maximus otter

Last edited:
I'm actually wondering if his stuff is obfuscated with some sort of code word system. Or maybe just mixing truth with fiction. He probably knew stuff, but he didn't actually tell state secrets if you discount the ET stuff as fiction... except maybe it's one of those veneer of fiction things? Add fantastical stuff on top of real info.

Doing some idle Googling about Mr. Schneider’s colourful claims, l find that his father Captain Oscar Schneider, MD, US Navy, did work on the world’s first nuclear submarine, the USS Nautilus. The idea that he had been a U-boat commander in the Kriegsmarine in WWII, however, is not supported by the fact that he had a US Social Security number issued in Portland, Oregon. l appreciate that that doesn’t necessarily mean that he was US born and raised, but it’s strongly suggestive that he was. ...

It's suggestive, but I wouldn't call it "strongly" suggestive. Anyone legally employed within the USA and / or by an employer subject to US tax laws has to have a US Social Security number. This includes all immigrants end even transient workers who otherwise are residents and taxpayers in other countries.

The more obvious and stronger difference that calls the alleged pair of roles into question is the clash between the two alleged professions - MD and U-boat commander. Both require senior-level qualifications, and qualifying for one doesn't contribute to qualifying for the other.

I hesitate to jump in here, but at one time some years back, I dug into Schneider's background and the details of his death. What emerged was a picture of a deluded person, spreading tales he probably believed but which had no connection to real facts. He apparently killed himself while doing his best to make it look like a "gummint hit". It's all very sad.

As for dying "shortly after" his, erm, uh, revelations, I think it's the opposite. He gave umpteen lectures over several years, with lurid details apparently based on the "firefight at Dulce" nonsense, one of the first big internet legends in the UFO field. Lots of nuts believed him. Some still do. It's painfully obvious (if you spend some time on it) that he was a deeply disturbed man, in bad health. Like the "moon hoax", Alternative 3 as a real documentary, and a thousand other silly ideas, Schneider's yarns won't go away.

This is all from memory, as I'm not about to go back down that rabbit now. I might be wrong about some details and I'm happy to be corrected if someone has something solid. When I paid attention to that stuff, this was one of those areas where the more I looked, the less I saw.

I hesitate to jump in here, but at one time some years back, I dug into Schneider's background and the details of his death. What emerged was a picture of a deluded person, spreading tales he probably believed but which had no connection to real facts. He apparently killed himself while doing his best to make it look like a "gummint hit". It's all very sad.

As for dying "shortly after" his, erm, uh, revelations, I think it's the opposite. He gave umpteen lectures over several years, with lurid details apparently based on the "firefight at Dulce" nonsense, one of the first big internet legends in the UFO field. Lots of nuts believed him. Some still do. It's painfully obvious (if you spend some time on it) that he was a deeply disturbed man, in bad health. Like the "moon hoax", Alternative 3 as a real documentary, and a thousand other silly ideas, Schneider's yarns won't go away.

This is all from memory, as I'm not about to go back down that rabbit now. I might be wrong about some details and I'm happy to be corrected if someone has something solid. When I paid attention to that stuff, this was one of those areas where the more I looked, the less I saw.
Yeah there's two takes that both are plausible.

1: he killed himself in a way to make it look like he was murdered. Thus making it look like he was silenced and making people take his claims more seriously.

2: he DID know something that he was silenced to keep quiet.

Both have good and bad points. I kinda lean towards #1. If they were gonna silence him... what did he know that he hadn't already talked about?

The manner of his death sounds to me suspiciously like autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong:

“He had apparently been dead for several days (perhaps up to a week), and reportedly had a rubber hose wrapped three times around his neck.

...held the rubber hose in his left hand with missing fingers and then wrap the hose three times with shoulders that had limited motion. In order to end up where his body was, he had to sit on the edge of his bed, wrap the hose around his neck, slowly and painfully strangle to death, and fallen head first into a wheel chair.”

If true, this might account for some of the authorities’ efforts to file the case rapidly, out of consideration for the deceased and his rellies.

maximus otter

...Both have good and bad points. I kinda lean towards #1. If they were gonna silence him... what did he know that he hadn't already talked about?

Yup. It's amazing how many people are silenced long after there would be any point in shutting them up.

Back