• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photo Messaging from Beyond?

henry

still speeding
This goes back to about 1993, maybe 1994, not sure. Pretty much all since childhood I had been close friends with 2 brothers A and M; A being my age, M being 2 years older.

M had a kid unexpectedly, and there was a Christening. Afterwards there was a little party in their back garden, during which I met a relation of their family I hadnt met before, K, who was probably in her late 60s or early 70s and a great-aunt or similar to A and M. I particularly remember sitting next to this elderly lady all afternoon boozing, singing, having a rare old time of it, sat out in the garden. It wasnt that clear to me then, but the lady was suffering from a decline into senility that was already quite advanced. My strongest memories of that hazy day centred around our mutual cameraderie. I remember we really hit it off.

About 6 or 8 months later I next saw M and family who were then living in London. Being a bit of a beat I hitched down there to stay with him and his family the weekend. Whilst there we looked over some photos of the christening as he said he had a great shot of me and K, smashed out of our heads. It was a nice photo, and he told me that K had recently passed away (weeks, or a month or two prior?). He gave me the photo and I put it in my bag, thinking no more of it.

Now at some point on that hitch-hiking adventure, either before or after London, and Im not sure exactly where I was going or had been, I had had a strip of 4 passport photographs taken, either for a railcard or a pass of some description. These were also in my bag...

When I got back to Manchester I discovered the back of the strip of passport photos had stuck to the front of the photo of me and K. My flatmate at the time, D (white-trash, but he had a ouija board and a girlfriend who needed the back of her heel bones surgically shaved every few months to prevent bone growing out through the skin!) was there when I, thoroughly disappointed with myself at having got the photos stuck together, peeled the passports away to reveal a near-perfect heart shape where the chemicals had run on the photo of K and I.

Photo as given (is that Ant Jones from Grange Hill???):

beyondanon.jpg

I didnt jump to any conclusions (D did) and just kind of put it in my drawer and forgot about it. Over the years Ive come to regard it as a kind of message - it does embody a particular sentiment for me now. Ive shown this to a few friends with mixed reactions.

I kept the passport photos for a while, with the inverse image of the heart on the back, didnt use them until a few years later then they became part of a piece of art by a pal of mine, SuperIan. I saw him recently to ask for them back but hes not sure where it is etc etc. I do rue the day I handed them over, because at least that would rule out deliberate treatment of the photo.

Sadly am no longer in touch with A, M etc etc .

Obviously when first clicking on this thread I saw the photo before I read the text. I honestly thought it was some kind of moth on the camera lens. Althought sadly K has passed away, aren't butterflys (Moths?) belived to be souls or spirits of those that have passed over come to visit?

EDIT: After restudying the photo, from a similcara (spl?) point of view you seemed to have captured a faerie! Just above Ks' sholder, on the horizontal of that line. And it's looking at her. :)

EDIT: After restudying the photo, from a similcara (spl?) point of view you seemed to have captured a faerie! Just above Ks' sholder, on the horizontal of that line. And it's looking at her. :)[/quote]

Beautiful observation, I see it too. :)

Nothing to do with the subject really but that purple pendant necklace K is wearing - I've got one exactly the same, which used to belong to my grandmother. I loved it as a child and it's nice to see another one!

akaWiintermoon and licata1708 said:
After restudying the photo, from a similcara (spl?) point of view you seemed to have captured a faerie! Just above Ks' sholder, on the horizontal of that line. And it's looking at her. :)
You two calling me a fairy?

H_James said:
Henry, you're not Nick Pope, are you?
What is this? Here I am baring my soul, an all I get is wisecracks.

I cant see a "faerie" in there, open to suggestions...

Just to explain that the "heart" in the picture is almost stood off the photographic paper in a kind of relief. Up close its full of textured gold strands and fine mottles. The faint line beneath is apparently from one edge of the strip of passport photos and there is a parallel one, although you cant see it on the scan (you can only see it on the photo when you turn it at an angle to the light), just above the heart at the very edge of the photo, couple milimetres long.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive.
As for the artifact, I don't know what to say. It's a coincidence, but I find it quite hard to believe in 'just' coincedence sometimes. It seems quite meaningful, and so possibly 'meant'.

I definately see the faerie thing. Beautiful picture. Henry, you look like a mature, handsome harry potter :)

Great picture and a nice story. Who knows if it was a coincidence or a message? Either way you cant lose:

1. It is just a coincidence, but you have a nice story to tell.

2. It is a message from someone that you only met once and yet connected with. She is possibly thanking you for the last enjoyable shindig she had before passing away.

I find it nice that you can connect with someone for one day and then never probably see them again. I met a girl on New Years Eve and had a right laugh with her. She was like my best bud all night, but I doubt I will ever see her again.

icarusgirl said:
I definately see the faerie thing. Beautiful picture. Henry, you look like a mature, handsome harry potter :)
Yeah I still cant see a "faerie thing", can someone give me directions. As for Harry Potter, surely you mean a young Mickey Rourke?

HenryFort said:
icarusgirl said:
Yeah I still cant see a "faerie thing", can someone give me directions. As for Harry Potter, surely you mean a young Mickey Rourke?

I'd love to see the fairie-thing. Someone circle it plese...
...and Harold Lloyd springs to my mind... I'm getting me coat...

HenryFort said:
icarusgirl said:
Yeah I still cant see a "faerie thing", can someone give me directions.

I guess it does (with a bit of imagination) look like a sideview/profile of a person:

fairysimulacra1pf5.jpg

Thank-you for the image Quixote, I don't have the technology - or the brains. :madeyes: :D

Ahhh, got it, the heart then becomes the wings... Kind of nice.

If you look at the bit that's supposed to be the body, it looks like a shapely female, hence the resemblance to a faerie, rather than a butterfly.

Sorry henry, can't see the Mickey Rourke resemblance in the picture which I personally think is a good thing... but if it's any consolation you do look pissed as a fart :p

icarusgirl said:
Sorry henry, can't see the Mickey Rourke resemblance in the picture which I personally think is a good thing... but if it's any consolation you do look pissed as a fart :p
I believe the other remarkable thing about the photo is that it depicts my infamous "sleepy eye" which I only get when Im smashed. I had thought that was a development from later in life, but apparently not. Fairly sure this is the first documented appearance.

Yeah Im thinking MR circa Angel Heart? I mean, look at that necktie.

the "lines" in the object remind me of something like a fingerprint, perhaps a fluid (water (raindrop), coffee, human drool, etc.) on a fingerprint with light shining through it may produce such?

Am I the only one who can see Shakespeare in profile in the hedge in this picture?

Mel
xx

Can't say i see it myself mel. But I do see an assortment of other things... unfortunately when i look at things like hedges, trees, clouds, patterns etc, i end up seeing demonic faces :twisted:

melon24 said:
Am I the only one who can see Shakespeare in profile in the hedge in this picture?
Yeah I cant see a Shakespeare, presumably you mean the popular head/shoulders combination that is almost always used on his stuff? Where is it?

It's the head and shoulders and little goatee beard, hint of a ruff. No quill. On a diagonal line from what would be 10 O'clock on the lady's face.

melon24 said:
It's the head and shoulders and little goatee beard, hint of a ruff. No quill. On a diagonal line from what would be 10 O'clock on the lady's face.

You see now, after looking for that I can see a yorkshire terriers face! I'm going to take a copy of the picture (If that's ok Henry?) and try and circle it in paint as I have no fancy editing stuffymagigs. So it probibly won't work, and I'll probibly not post it. lol Watch this space. :D

EDIT: Ok, you can stop watching, paint won't 'support' it. :roll:

Thats a nice photo with a lovely story attached. The fairy aspect does make it all the more special.

You would have thought with the HUGE proliferation of photos being taken with mobile phone cameras, there'd be spooks, wisps, dead relatives and orbs aplenty. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

Have the spooks not realised this technology exists or have they become shy?
Are the any cases of a haunted mobile phone?

Back