• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photo Taken Around 2013

ThatOneNihilist

Fresh Blood
Hi there, I wanted to get your opinion on a photo I took when I was around 16 or so, the camera used was a nikon coolpix L820 digital camera, the positioning of the camera being faced towards the ceiling as I was taking some test photos of myself, none of my family members were present in the room that the photo was taken, nor do their features match the face seen, I have tried to replicate the results I got initially with no success.

Attachments

• 16weird.jpg
    16weird.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 252
Hi there, I wanted to get your opinion on a photo I took when I was around 16 or so, the camera used was a nikon coolpix L820 digital camera, the positioning of the camera being faced towards the ceiling as I was taking some test photos of myself, none of my family members were present in the room that the photo was taken, nor do their features match the face seen, I have tried to replicate the results I got initially with no success.

is AAAARGH a suitable response? to be clear I am not talking about the face with the glasses!

Spooky. Do you have a photo of the room this was taken in…?

I would say it's definitely not pareidolia.

Were you using a digital camera or a film camera?

Welcome to the forum ThatOneNihilist.

Very odd and a bit disconcerting for you I'd imagine. A few questions if you don't mind.

The wall/ceiling "join" on the right of the photo seems to be white wall/coving/white ceiling. On the left it appears to be blue wall/white ceiling. Is there a doorway behind your head so that we are viewing two rooms behind you?

Either way the head appears therefore to be very near the ceiling. What is the orange brown line on the top left of the photo? Is it reflective at any point as it looks as if the head may be reflected in part of it.

Have you any idea of what is causing the white reflection on your face on the left of the picture? It seems to be tied in to various wispy lines and the mystery face. Were you smoking?:omg: You can tell us! :wink2:

Also, do you remember whether the flash triggered or if you were using one of the special effects modes?

Welcome to the forum ThatOneNihilist.

Very odd and a bit disconcerting for you I'd imagine. A few questions if you don't mind.

The wall/ceiling "join" on the right of the photo seems to be white wall/coving/white ceiling. On the left it appears to be blue wall/white ceiling. Is there a doorway behind your head so that we are viewing two rooms behind you?

Either way the head appears therefore to be very near the ceiling. What is the orange brown line on the top left of the photo? Is it reflective at any point as it looks as if the head may be reflected in part of it.

Have you any idea of what is causing the white reflection on your face on the left of the picture? It seems to be tied in to various wispy lines and the mystery face. Were you smoking?:omg: You can tell us! :wink2:

Also, do you remember whether the flash triggered or if you were using one of the special effects modes?
the blue on the right could be from a window, the photo was taken in a kitchen, the top left orange is part of exposed ceiling, renovations were being done on the building, as for the white lines, I have no explanation for it, I am not a smoker, no flash was used, just the normal capture mode, hope that helps.

the blue on the right could be from a window, the photo was taken in a kitchen, the top left orange is part of exposed ceiling, renovations were being done on the building, as for the white lines, I have no explanation for it, I am not a smoker, no flash was used, just the normal capture mode, hope that helps.
Renovations and hauntings often go together......

To me, it looks like one of those blinking dolls with its eyes closed, or a depiction of one such.

Add unfamiliarity with the locus and the passage of nine years, and we have a mystery.

Welcome to FTMB, by the way!

maximus otter

How long had you lived in the property and had any of you experienced anything 'untoward' before this?

I assume you’re talking about the thing in lower left corner.. It’s out of focus so could be very close to the camera. Could it be your finger which has inadvertently encroached on the image? You look a bit smashed if you don’t mind me saying..

How long had you lived in the property and had any of you experienced anything 'untoward' before this?
I had been living there for a few months, and had not had any strange occurrences, that being said there were some strange things that happened in our previous home, phantom music, things moving on their own etc though this could just be due to natural causes.

I assume you’re talking about the thing in lower left corner.. It’s out of focus so could be very close to the camera. Could it be your finger which has inadvertently encroached on the image? You look a bit smashed if you don’t mind me saying..
I don't believe it was my finger, I tried to actually replicate that at one point with no results, and yeah it was not a good photo, but then again it was only meant to be a temporary test shot.

Back