• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photograph Of A Demon On A Child's Shoulder?

kevinjwoods

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Years ago I saw this photograph that scared the crap out of me.
It was of what appeared to be a small demonic creature sitting on a childs shoulder, and the story to go along with it was that the creature hadn't been spotted when the photograph was being taken.
Does anyone know anything about this? can anyone tell me where I can see this picture?
About the only thing I do know is that it is not the picture of a spaceman as the few people I've asked about this seem to believe, this creature was clearly sitting on the shoulder and it's legs were visible.

I think this might be the one Mr J.

http://www.omegafaith.org/girlwithdemon.htm

Much to blurry for my liking though. The word simulacra comes too readily to mind.

EDIT: actually, having just had a proper close up look at the picture I like to change that to "the word splodge comes to mind."

I'm more concerned about the bloke holding the child.

Who was that masked man?

It might be but I remembered a bit more I think they were in front of a building. and it was a very clear picture not blurry, it was the clearness that scared me.

I know exactly which one you mean. I think it's a little boy in a dark area and there's a fully formed little green demon either sitting on his left shoulder or standing off just ot his left (it was quite a while ago).. Snowman Picture Detective is on the case...

As the memories come flooding back, I think this picture was doing the rounds about two years ago or thereabouts, and the text could have possible described the being as a nature entity, spaceman or fairy, as opposed to demon, try refining your search in that respect.

Doesn't really sound like this one and it's not very demonic I know - but you're not a misremembering this photograph are you?

They're certainly not the one I was thinking of, but I don't know about Kevinj.

The one I recall was a photo of a little boy just standing there, and there's a little green being about 1/4 or 1/5 his height standing off to the boy's left, about 1-1.5 metres behind him. The being is quite a distinct little thing, with a funny little face.. and I could swear that it's wearing a cape too.

This just gets stranger :)

Spook said:
Doesn't really sound like this one and it's not very demonic I know - but you're not a misremembering this photograph are you?
Spook, kevinj already said it wasn't the Cumberland Spaceman pic.

/That/ is part of my national heritage I am somewhat bothered to say.... :(

an alternative is the singing kettle.

demonic influence has /not/ been ruled out...

Kath

Keyser Soze said:
My eyes! What, or who, is that?:p

The infamous "Kran-Key" Hobgoblin of the North, disguised (not very well) as a child. and it's male "Satanic Summoner" who appears alongside .

Mr Snowman said:
I know exactly which one you mean. I think it's a little boy in a dark area and there's a fully formed little green demon either sitting on his left shoulder or standing off just ot his left (it was quite a while ago)..

Is this - Green Demon - it..? ;)

Lordy, I hate the Muppets so much. :mad:

The Krankies scare me in an entirely different way.

Maybe I just had a really overactive imagination, still do remind me sometime to tell you how someone with vertigo dreams of flying, but surely somewhere there is evidence of this picture.

Spook said:
So he did - teach me to read peoples posts properly!

Psst, I was thinking "I'll bet he means that pic of the kid and the spaceman" ... I didn't see/read that part of his post either :eek!!!!:

I've never been quite certain as what to make of the "Cumberland Spaceman" photograph.

The integrity of the original photographer seems to be unquestioned, but the photo would be so very easy to fake. All you'd have to do is to comb the top half of a plastic action figure into a young girl's hair or to mount it there with a little dab of theatrical glue or other temporary fixitive..

That pic in the start that was described as a splodge, to me it looks a bit like the child has an angel wing poking out.

This is an interesting old thread revived but as I wasgetting interested in that last picture [the one that is supposedly "really scary"], the link is dead. Can I find that picture anywhere else?
I'm so damn curious now :goof:

foxybox~ said:
I think this might be the one Mr J.

http://www.omegafaith.org/girlwithdemon.htm

Much to blurry for my liking though. The word simulacra comes too readily to mind.

EDIT: actually, having just had a proper close up look at the picture I like to change that to "the word splodge comes to mind."

Too small to tell what it's shaped like.

Did you click to enlarge?

She has angel wings on. You can see the other one behind the gap in between their faces.

Yeah I clicked to enlarge.

Oh yeah they look like angel wings and no I don't see the other one.

But why say it's a demon when it looks like an angel? :?

MaxMolyneux said:
Yeah I clicked to enlarge.

Oh yeah they look like angel wings and no I don't see the other one.

But why say it's a demon when it looks like an angel? :?

By some accounts demons are angels.

Back