• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

Rim? Shaft? Ears? Snout? My powers of visualisation aren’t up to it. I’ll need arrows to illustrate. I can see it’s probably part of a larger image cropped for humorous purposes but..
Screenshot 2022-08-02 043952.jpg

I also love the fact that even though the picture was taken 40 years ago, so much about them is in style today.

Jeans - skinny & mom style
T-shirts - logos & art prints
Tattoos
Long hair - especially since covid
At that time the only people who had tattoos were Hells Angels, Sailors, some rock bands and the occasional rock fan.

Last edited:
Oooooh ... That's a really good anomalous photo! :clap:

For archival purposes, here's the full photo ...

And here's an excerpt of the anomalous part ...

I think the lady in the blue t shirt has picked her up so she is facing forward in order to maybe see something that is happening in front of them

Here's what I think is going on within this photo ...

The little girl has been hoisted off the ground by the woman in the teal top, who's holding the girl aloft (e.g., so she can see something better). The little girl's right leg and foot are visible at the woman's right-side waist.

The little girl's dark top blends with dark items in the far background - one of which appears to be the right front tire of the white SUV. This blending makes it appear as if the girl is a giant coming out of the ground at a distance.

Here's what I think is going on within this photo ...

The little girl has been hoisted off the ground by the woman in the teal top, who's holding the girl aloft (e.g., so she can see something better). The little girl's right leg and foot are visible at the woman's right-side waist.

The little girl's dark top blends with dark items in the far background - one of which appears to be the right front tire of the white SUV. This blending makes it appear as if the girl is a giant coming out of the ground at a distance.
That's the only explanation I can think of, but the girls right leg still seems to be too long to me.

Yes, I can't see how that leg and foot can be joined to that head and shoulders.
I wonder if the woman in the teal coloured top is holding two children?
I'm not sure that the 'elbow'? behind the right ear of the boy in the black t-shirt can belong to the girl either.

Back