• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photos You Need To Really Look At To Understand

This thread is excellent. An object lesson in how our brains are programmed to 'make things fit with what we expect to see' (clumsily expressed) - and to be honest that could explain a lot of things that people claim to have seen - but probably not all things that people have claimed to see, I'm happy to say.

The face on the garage door reminds me of that classic chiaroscuro "face of Jesus" photo, which, depending on which story you hear or read, was miraculously seen in a lightning flash, or a snow bank, or just some clouds, or...

Anybody have an image of that one, or know the truth about it?

Could be genuine, but my instincts tell me it's just too 'neat'.
I have the same thought. The excessive detailing, to me, makes me question it. The lips, nose, philtrum :)curt:just had to use that word. First time ever) details are too perfect. If there were more blurred shadows making up the face, I might believe that it is an undoctored photo.

FB_IMG_1681439928773.jpg

Oh wow Mytho! Amazing pic! I really really did have to look at that photo a long time before I got it. Damn freaky!!
I'm the proud owner of this pebble that the Mrs found on our local beach around 2016. I was with her when she found it. After getting into a couple of local newspapers (with a billboard poster which we've got somewhere), it got itself into Fortean Times magazine. I think it looks more like Jim Morrison in his heroin abuse years. I've still got it in a little box on top of our fireplace. If you rub your thumb over the surface, the 'face' part bulges out.

ajesusstone002.jpg

ajesusstone001.jpg

I don't think so. The man seems to be holding a small child dressed in white with a bucket hat. The child forms the "face". I am not sure about the "hair" though.
The "hair" is just some bushes, the same as on the right-hand side of the woman. It took me ages to figure it out. What a strange picture. Love it!

Appears to seem as though the man and the woman in the background have masks on their faces - if it was just one that looked like that, I would dismiss it as a photo blip, but both?
To me, it looks as though it might be a picture from 1861 Civil War (America), the two people seem to be in a trench maybe looking after dead or injured soldiers? "Just a guess though." The double-take might be a close-up photo of one of the dead?

Appears to seem as though the man and the woman in the background have masks on their faces - if it was just one that looked like that, I would dismiss it as a photo blip, but both?
To me, it looks as though it might be a picture from 1861 Civil War (America), the two people seem to be in a trench maybe looking after dead or injured soldiers? "Just a guess though." The double-take might be a close-up photo of one of the dead?
Here is an image where it should be easier to see the two adults and the child with hat.

Jesus Child.jpg

Here is an image where it should be easier to see the two adults and the child with hat.

View attachment 65646
When I first saw your post I saw the child straight away and though 'good old Gordon' because I couldn't see that in the original post by Mytho.
Then I briefly went back to his post, but when I go back to yours, this time, it still takes me a few seconds to see the child for some reason, even though I know it's there.
I still can't see the child in the original photo.

Back