Picture Of Loch Ness Drained Of Water: Anyone Remember This?

I recall seeing a few years ago a picture of what Loch Ness might look like if completely drained of water (having used sonar scans to establish geographical features).

It was an incredibly impressive picture, but I can't for the life of me find it on the net (where I originally found it); does this picture ring any bells with anybody? Does anyone know where it might be found?

Cheers....

Wow, thanks very much for that, whistlingjack! Yes, that was very similar to what I remember. Very interesting, aren't they?

Again, thanks very much for sharing those!

Regards....

kerravon

Junior Acolyte
I remember someone once commenting that if we drained Loch Ness, we'd find either a dead Nessie, or no Nessie, either way most people would probably prefer to remain ignorant.

I also remember some form of illustration, perhaps alongside the comment above?

Yes Karravon, that is the picture that I was referring to, but the images that WhistlingJack has kindly posted give a good indication of what the loch looks like; incredibly steep sides and a flat bottom.

Draining the loch would of course be out of the question; for a start, where would you put such a large body of water? And what of the environmental damage to the loch and animals living in it?

Like you, although I think there is abundant evidence to suggest that there are some kind of unknown creatures in the loch, I hope in a way that we never find out, just to perpetuate the mystery! As long as the odd photo or sonar scan of something weird is released every now and then, leave the creatures alone!