• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Picture This: Paranoid Photoproofs & Peculiarities 'prove'...perhaps

Ermintruder

The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all...
Although I'm an arch-doubter, in all things, I appreciate a conspiracy-confirmatory picture as much as the next tinfoil-hat wearing follower of Fort.

In the spirit of that, may I cautiously-propose the creation of a visual images thread, the content of which should not be first-party fabricated, or directly-known to be fake....but may, somehow, have a strand into reality.

But if you just found it...or a friend told you...it's fair game.

(Such a thread being created would, of course, be subject to approval from the Mysterious Moderating Masters of this hallowed forum. Who are not in the pockets of any cartels, committees of cardinals or any commercial conglomerates).

So without further ado...some furtherness:

265x398.jpg

(the military rank is that of General, in most Commonwealth and UK armed forces, and in many other nations)

Transplant Research?
Well, precisely.

Somewhat flimsy evidence for a full-blown Conspiracy Theory, but if you were reading a Tom Clancey novel about a team of CDC US Army support troops being landed from a helicopter somewhere in East Anglia, dressed in full rubber suite and respirators, and as they run for cover from the marauders, they then find the dead body of a British Army General up a tree just 100m from the LZ....well, you'd wonder, wouldn't you? If you then found a picture of this type of rank-slide, I mean.

NOTE: for the avoidance of doubt, I've NOT been reading such a book. And such a book may or may not exist. All I've seen is this image, of a senior Army Officer's strange rank-slide.

I’m afraid I don’t get at all what you’re driving at. Could you perhaps elucidate a wee bit for folk like me who don’t have a clue what’s being talked about..?

Last edited:
I’m afraid I don’t get at all what you’re driving at. Could you perhaps elucidate a wee bit for folk like me who don’t have a clue what’s being talked about..?
See the pic of the epaulette badge? Bit odd, ain't it?

Yes it is but what’s the provenance of the image and what’s all the Tom Clancy stuff about?

I've got my money on cosplay.

Yes it is but what’s the provenance of the image and what’s all the Tom Clancy stuff about?

Well I think the point is that why on earth would the army need a 'Transplant Research' person (or persons) and what do they *do*

... it is a bit suss to say the least.

Well I think the point is that why on earth would the army need a 'Transplant Research' person (or persons) and what do they *do* ... .

I don't know about the UK context, but I wouldn't find the 'Transplant Research' label all that surprising in the US military context ...

The military's research interests extend beyond (e.g.) weaponry and vehicles to medical issues - particularly anything to do with traumatic injuries, field techniques, and restorative / reconstructive methods. For example, check the history of cosmetic / plastic surgery - perhaps the single medical specialty that drew the most from military issues, methods, and innovations.

I don't know about the UK context, but I wouldn't find the 'Transplant Research' label all that surprising in the US military context ...

The military's research interests extend beyond (e.g.) weaponry and vehicles to medical issues - particularly anything to do with traumatic injuries, field techniques, and restorative / reconstructive methods. For example, check the history of cosmetic / plastic surgery - perhaps the single medical specialty that drew the most from military issues, methods, and innovations.

Indeed - on the first page of search results for "transplant research military", I found this;

http://cdmrp.army.mil/rtrp/default

A US military research program into reconstructive transplant research. I've not seen anything to suggest a UK equivalent (though admittedly not looked very far into it at all), but it's not unfeasible.

Back