• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pinterest Fortean Material

Only yesterday I decided to unsubscribe from Pinterest, as the spamming with far-fetched and largely debunked material was becoming a right pain.
I've never liked the Pinterest interface anyway!
Very occasionally it turned up something interesting, but was 99% junk!

Only yesterday I decided to unsubscribe from Pinterest, as the spamming with far-fetched and largely debunked material was becoming a right pain.
I've never liked the Pinterest interface anyway!
Very occasionally it turned up something interesting, but was 99% junk!
I've only just reinstalled it, due to the very same.

Massive attraction though, is Pinterest can often have fabulous contents which don't appear elsewhere. :D

Maybe. I had just had enough of ludicrously Photoshopped giant skeletons and cryptids even less convincing than Diane Abbott's wig.
It's even a right bugger to unsubscribe from. Deleting the app won't do it - you have to unsubscribe from each thread individually.
Pinterest is the worst spam octopus I've ever encountered on t'Net.
Much prefer Quora, which covers some similar ground, but in a less intrusive manner.

Can't get me'ead round Pinterest. I look at art and craft projects and photography on it but hadn't thought of finding any weird stuff there.

Took myself a while to realise there is a notable spectrum of interesting material therein, however, you often have to dig for it.

The kinda directory/hierarchical structure, usually means that clicking on an image, will take you to another page entirely, with only similar images... and so on...

Despite the flaws, there's terrific material only available on Pinterest, particularly its library of Witch & Occult content... :evillaugh:

... Massive attraction though, is Pinterest can often have fabulous contents which don't appear elsewhere.

Think so? ...

The whole point of Pinterest was to provide a place for posting things found (and hence appearing) elsewhere.

The only content guaranteed to be appearing "fresh" on Pinterest are the boards used as virtual storefronts by commercial and corporate customers.

Otherwise it's basically a publicly accessible bin for holding things linked / copied / snagged / ripped off / stolen from elsewhere.

Think so? ...

The whole point of Pinterest was to provide a place for posting things found (and hence appearing) elsewhere.

The only content guaranteed to be appearing "fresh" on Pinterest are the boards used as virtual storefronts by commercial and corporate customers.

Otherwise it's basically a publicly accessible bin for holding things linked / copied / snagged / ripped off / stolen from elsewhere.

Naaah, crafters and makers put tutorials on there with 'how to' photos. That's all original.

Think so? ...

The whole point of Pinterest was to provide a place for posting things found (and hence appearing) elsewhere...
Realising now that my own experiences were primarily football related, especially memorabilia.

Amazing resource for same - old programs, & badges, etc.

Otherwise...

Can't now ignore a number of salient points you made there.

I like it when I'm not in the mood to read and just want to look at pictures. I go straight to my own pins of ceramics, chiweeinies, old appliances, abandoned buildings and such. Then I check what's recommended specific to those topics. Still a lot of dull ads, but some fun finds to browse.

Back