• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pizzagate

No, his name does not literally mean lover of children. It just sounds similar to that phrase in french and even then only if you pronounce it badly.

She calls herself a satanist. Shes fully open about het beliefs yet most people pay no attention or just dont care..her beliefs are her business but shes connected w too many political figures.
Not according to this article.

Marina Abramović: ‘I’m an artist, not a satanist!’
Emine Saner
Marina Abramović

The world’s most famous performance artist has spent almost 50 years facing down ridicule, death threats and conspiracy theories. Will the pandemic finally defeat her?

Marina Abramović in the 2019 documentary Body of Truth.
Marina Abramović in the 2019 documentary Body of Truth. Photograph: Indi Film

Every morning, Marina Abramović gets out of bed and puts on a pair of slippers. One reads “fuck” and the other “negativity”. “That is how to start the morning with a smile on your face,” she says. Then she will make breakfast to tango music. Sometimes, she will retreat to a hut in the woods by her house in upstate New York, for six days with no food, to contemplate a giant crystal she keeps there and “connect with the memory of the planet”.
This delicious glimpse into the life of the world’s most famous performance artist comes from a new documentary for BBC One’s Imagine series. “I think it’s important to demystify the idea of this glamorous life. It’s just down to earth,” she tells me, completely seriously, of the film – even though her house, built in the shape of a star, is filled with amazing furniture and art, and the grounds are vast enough to hold an aircraft hangar-sized shed containing her archive. It’s all fabulous – as is Abramović, who is funny, warm and yet somehow otherworldly (she goes in for shamanism, crystals, clairvoyants and star signs). I concede there are down-to-earth elements – when we speak via Zoom, for example, she is drinking a mug of Yorkshire Gold tea, discovered through a Welsh friend.
I’m quite taken with her woodland hut, overlooking a river, which has no electricity or a bathroom – only a giant crystal, a chair and a bed. How often does she go there?

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/oct/07/marina-abramovic-im-an-artist-not-a-satanist

One would have to wonder if the likes of QAnon, Kraken and PizzaGate are individual or collective efforts, and of so, what is the real purpose behond such obvious daft schemes.

While it is inevitable that some slack-jawed yokel might fall for one, as seen in PizzaGate in particular, surely the progenitors must know that these fanciful tales will not be taken seriously by the majority of even hard right thinkers?

One would have to wonder if the likes of QAnon, Kraken and PizzaGate are individual or collective efforts, and of so, what is the real purpose behond such obvious daft schemes.

While it is inevitable that some slack-jawed yokel might fall for one, as seen in PizzaGate in particular, surely the progenitors must know that these fanciful tales will not be taken seriously by the majority of even hard right thinkers?
Large part of the Trump loyals believe in both QAnon and Pizzagate.

If you take some idea that is so dumb only one person in a thousand will fall for it, in America that's 330,000 people.

If you take some idea that is so dumb only one person in a thousand will fall for it, in America that's 330,000 people.

Having spent some time in the US for business reasons, this is alarmingly true.

I have never met so many people who appear successful but yet are so narrow in their experience, ill-educated and uninformed.

I am not saying Americans are stupid, far from it. It is just that the country is so large there can be large cohorts of people for whom there is no exposure beyond their immediate environs and possibly a holiday spot that is also in the lower 48.

I don't think it is a question of education, but rather a widespread disposition toward introspection.

There is a large cohort of the population who are not only entirely unaware of global issues, but are deeply uninterested too.

Unless one actively pursues it, there is not much news coverage of international issues, even with close allies and trading partners. This leads to a further mindset of lack of interest in wider issues beyond one's own sector, patch or home, IMO.

I have observed it countless times while visiting the US for work and pleasure over the last 25 years.

I recall one particular exchange with a US SVP of an originally French corporation. In November, before the May deadline, he was entirely unaware of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which would so dramatically affect how the corporation as whole would operate. It is not representative of all, but certainly indicative of the type of manifestation.

I often had to visit Las Vegas for conferences over the year, sometimes being there several seasons in a row. I once met a guy who owned a mid-west plumbing business. He was in his late fifties, and had built it up from himself and his nephew with one van between them. It was, when I met him, turning over in the region of $30 million per year, over three states.

Neither he, nor any of his immediate family, had a passport. He had been to Canada a few times, but never crossed the southern border. Again, this is entirely subjective, but despite his grandfather fighting in two foreign wars, he was blissfully unaware of any kind of politics outside the US. He no idea that British had invaded Afghanistan in colonial days. He didn't know how Russia had left World War I, or about the Spanish Civil War or its subsequent neutrality in WWII. His understanding of the Cold War, and particularly how the Warsaw Pact and NATO were formed or organised, was stunningly vague.

That was my experience. There are large strata of US citizenry who are affluent, mobile and with access to all channels, and yet remain blissfully uninformed.

He no idea that British had invaded Afghanistan in colonial days. He didn't know how Russia had left World War I, or about the Spanish Civil War or its subsequent neutrality in WWII. His understanding of the Cold War, and particularly how the Warsaw Pact and NATO were formed or organised, was stunningly vague.

That was my experience. There are large strata of US citizenry who are affluent, mobile and with access to all channels, and yet remain blissfully uninformed.

Isn't it lucky we live in a well-educated, urbane, sophisticated country?

"Many young adults are unaware of basic dates and facts in British history, a survey of 16 to 24 year olds in England, Wales and Scotland suggests."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/1647439.stm

"Almost half of millennials believe Sir Winston Churchill was prime minister during the First World War, according to a survey.

And one in ten thinks Margaret Thatcher was Britain’s leader during the conflict, from 1914 to 1918.

Fewer than half of millennials knew the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand led to the outbreak of the First World War, with 6 per cent saying it was triggered by the murder of President John F Kennedy."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5415555/Half-millennials-Churchill-World-War-leader.html

maximus otter

Isn't it lucky we live in a well-educated, urbane, sophisticated country?

"Many young adults are unaware of basic dates and facts in British history, a survey of 16 to 24 year olds in England, Wales and Scotland suggests."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/1647439.stm

"Almost half of millennials believe Sir Winston Churchill was prime minister during the First World War, according to a survey.

And one in ten thinks Margaret Thatcher was Britain’s leader during the conflict, from 1914 to 1918.

Fewer than half of millennials knew the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand led to the outbreak of the First World War, with 6 per cent saying it was triggered by the murder of President John F Kennedy."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5415555/Half-millennials-Churchill-World-War-leader.html

maximus otter

Not arguing with any of that, but imagine all of this and worse, for generations.

Not arguing with any of that, but imagine all of this and worse, for generations.

iu

I don't have to imagine it, I policed it.

;)

maximus otter

Shell Shocked! Pizzagate is back via Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Pizzagate has found new life with the recent collaboration between Pizza Hut and the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) movie, Mutant Mayhem, which was released earlier this month. At the end of June, Pizza Hut began printing pizza boxes with TMNT images on the front. Pizza Hut explained on its website:

Specialty Mutant Mayhem Themed Pizza Boxes: Pizza Hut is unveiling limited-edition movie-themed pizza boxes available for Big New Yorker orders as well as large and medium pizzas. The specialty packaging can be found at participating Pizza Hut restaurants nationwide starting the end of June while supplies last, and features artwork of various Ninja Turtle character illustrations. A QR code located on the pizza box will also lead fans to play the new Pizza Power AR game.
Well, the Pizzagate conspiracy folks have taken this and run with it. Videos deconstructing the "Satanic imagery" in the pizza boxes are being widely shared on TikTok and other social media platforms. Here's one I stumbled upon—it was posted by Dave of the "Isaac's Army" X account (whose description reads: "Calling out all things Cabal, Corruption, and Satanic") and who also recently started a new podcast on Rumble called the "Occult Apocalypse Show" with "America's Shaman" Jake Angeli Chansley. The podcast only has a few episodes—so far they've covered "The Vatican and the Deep Church," "DC Deep State," and "Hollywood." Dave's message with his reposting says "Pizza Hut is putting perverted satanic adrenochrome symbolism on their pizza boxes …. predictable

https://boingboing.net/2023/08/27/a...xes-are-encouraging-satanic-ritual-abuse.html

Back