Planes Filmed Standing Still In The Air

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
I have to say that what is of greatest Fortean interest to me in connection with this illusion is not the illusion itself but how a few people seem to genuinely believe that it is real and not merely an illusion (and, further, how they extrapolate this into a belief in widespread conspiracies to do with things like aircraft propulsion, aircraft size, the height of the sky(!), and so on). ...
It's not just you ...

In the 6 decades during which I've been interested in Fortean type phenomena I've come to understand that a lot of tantalizing tales have more to do with observer naivete or excessive credulity than with something truly odd occurring.

One doesn't have to be a purebred skeptic to question the facts or implications in evaluating the rising tide of wild-eyed (and often self-serving) reports, videos, etc., out on the 'Net.

markrkingston1

Devoted Cultist
One doesn't have to be a purebred skeptic to question the facts or implications in evaluating the rising tide of wild-eyed (and often self-serving) reports, videos, etc., out on the 'Net.
Indeed. This issue has only got worse as monetisation of Youtube content has been shown to be worth significant amounts of money.