Planespotting!

Fishhie

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
In January 1976 when I was 17 two Harrier Jump Jets on a training flight collided over Cheshire.

Both pilots were killed and wreckage landed for miles.
Nobody on the ground was killed or even injured but there were some frights. The Gran of one of my college mates found an engine in her front garden.

View attachment 35804

All the Cheshire places mentioned in the article are on our bike rides.
That's an expensive mistake, sheesh.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
A Janet Airlines flight heading for Vegas that seems to originate in a dry lake bed in the middle of nowhere.... I can't imagine what can possibly be there.
And where the hell did those black helicopters outside my house come from? They don't appear on Flightradar.

janetvegas.JPG

Bigphoot2

Reaction score
A Janet Airlines flight heading for Vegas that seems to originate in a dry lake bed in the middle of nowhere.... I can't imagine what can possibly be there.
And where the hell did those black helicopters outside my house come from? They don't appear on Flightradar.

View attachment 37837
I was only joking but I looked out the window a few minutes ago and saw bright landing lights, checked Flightradar and there was nothing in my area! Now the lights have gone :omg:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I was only joking but I looked out the window a few minutes ago and saw bright landing lights, checked Flightradar and there was nothing in my area! Now the lights have gone :omg:
An aircraft with its transponder turned off? I think the tracks on FlightRadar are all based on ADS-B data received from transponders on the aircraft. An aircraft may turn this off, or it may not be functioning.

Bigphoot2

Reaction score
An aircraft with its transponder turned off? I think the tracks on FlightRadar are all based on ADS-B data received from transponders on the aircraft. An aircraft may turn this off, or it may not be functioning.
That's what they want us to think :)

I was watching a Typhoon last night on Flightradar and it was circling my area and then headed up north then just vanished. I assume they turned off the transponder or we have a North Sea Triangle now.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just had an Osprey fly really low over my house :oops: