• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Plymouth

Kondoru

Beloved of Ra
I attend Plymouth Uni these days and the city is kind of growing on me. (Though I do not live there)

Anything Foretean? Of course, a city that celebrates Brutalist Archictecture is odd in itself.

A lack must be fortean in itself! :freak:

Plymouth is well known for its 'ho'.
That's all I know.

Plymouth is well known for its 'ho'.
I protest. We cannot at this juncture ignore the dimensions of The Bretheren, or The Argyle. Nor perhaps The Fury.

But back to this 'ho' of which you speak. Maybe they've just fallen on hard times, and need an income.

@Kondoru - as a former educationalist, Plymouth Uni says three things to my pigeonhole partiality: satellite communications, oceanography (inc cetacean studies) & sport sciences (almost to a Loughborough level). But I'm probably just running on outdated stereotypes & flawed bias. Enjoy your studies, and maintain the fiction that final exams never arrive.

The only Plymouth I know of was my 1985 Plymouth Reliant K Car. The best car I ever owned. She was vandalized by some high school student. I hope she haunts the little pecker who tried to fit a Chevy ignition into a Plymouth. :mad:

The only Plymouth I know of was my 1985 Plymouth Reliant K Car. The best car I ever owned. She was vandalized by some high school student. I hope she haunts the little pecker who tried to fit a Chevy ignition into a Plymouth. :mad:
Did you call it Christine, by any chance?

@DrPaulLee - do you have anything interesting on the ghost front?

Frideswide, you have a valid point there...

The son of Nancy Astor (The first woman MP in the UK, and Plymouthian) was arrested for Cruising on the Hoe.

Which I suspect is different from Cruising on the Hamonaze...

One of my tutors is working in a place called the Elizabethian House....used to be a museum with period (but otherwise unconnected) furniture, including a haunted bed.

The house is empty and closed now. He took us there to have a look round. The house is....waiting, I think.

He wants to fill it with stories...But first the HLF grant needs to come throgh.

A few stories

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats-on/scary-myths-legends-plymouth-terrify-375314

And not Fortean, but of note:

plymouth-navy-strength-gin.jpg

Back