Podcast Section

hunck

Justified & Ancient
I'm disappointed by most podcasts, a lot of which are far too long with a lot of waffle. I quite like Astonishing Legends though - their Flannan Islands one was really good. Again very long but a lot of detail + a contribution by a writer who'd investigated the story in depth, had actually been there etc.

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
Met Richard MacLean Smith today at his talk in Balloch Library. It was great! Took my 11 year old daughter along and we both really enjoyed it - he used the music from his podcast and spoke engagingly for about an hour which flew past. He signed the book for my daughter and took pics with us - I have no idea why I gave the thumbs up, I don't normally do that lol (if you haven't already guessed, I'm the bald one). He even recognised me when I came in, shook my hand and asked me about my own books and experiences doing author talks which I thought was good of him.

Of course, as soon as I shared the pics on Facebook someone said, "Nice Romance sign" :rollingw:
60382731_2805356132824750_8352610341493932032_o.jpg

brownmane

Ephemeral Spectre
Not Fortean, but I've recently been listening to "Philosophize This". It's quite entertaining and enlightening. The podcaster gives easy to understand talks about different philosophers, the times in which they lived and has several years worth of podcasts to listen. He also clearly enjoys philosophy and wants everyone to not be intimidated by the subject and "to know more today than you did yesterday".

Really enjoying listening to the Mafia Podcast at the moment.

https://audioboom.com/channel/mafia

Sam Giancana, Gotti, Carmine Galante and Donnie Brasco (FBI Agent Joe Pistone) all being top-notch productions providing a look at recent history through a very dirty lens.

Experts, authors, eye-witnesses and ex-law enforcement all get a say, so this isn't a glorification of crime rather an insight into undercover surveillance techniques and the sometimes mundane day-to-day reality of life in the Mob.