• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I sometimes listen to Stuff They Don't Want You To Know, which is mainly based around conspiracy stuff but takes in all sorts of things. It's basically a bunch of guys having a chat about the subject of the week but their manner is genial and funny and they talk about all sorts of interesting things.

I do listen to Lore (mentioned earlier) though I find it a bit glib.

Not strictly Fortean, but I like Here Be Monsters, which bills itself as the 'Podcast about the unknown'. It's not about unexplained mysteries or the paranormal, but more often about unusual mental states and circumstances.

Listened to a great episode of MonsterTalk with FT's own Mike Dash today, talking about Spring-Heeled Jack. Come on folks, no-one into this? I'm thinking of giving up my Audible subscription since I just listen to these podcasts all the time now!

I'm making a mental note. I shall listen to some of these in due course. However, I have no way of knowing when 'due course' will be...

Are you kidding? Maybe buy the magazine? There's a new section for podcasts. The columns have plenty of links.
This is an internet discussion. I am not scraping through back issues to try to locate the specific podcasts you have hinted at so I can join the discussion. Doesn't look like anyone else does either.

This is an internet discussion. I am not scraping through back issues to try to locate the specific podcasts you have hinted at so I can join the discussion. Doesn't look like anyone else does either.

When I said "No one into this?" I was talking about the podcast section of the magazine, not one specific episode. Although it appears you're right and no-one is much interested. :dunno:

Since you asked for links though, how about the HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast? It's not been mentioned in the magazine I don't think but I heard about it on MonsterTalk:
http://hppodcraft.com/2009/10/29/episode-17-the-picture-in-the-house/

And that Monster Talk one with Mike Dash on Spring-Heeled Jack:
https://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/13/02/06/

The title 'Podcast Section' suggested to me that someone had started a thread with lists of links to podcasts. There is already a thread like that somewhere.

My take on it in is that while having the 'Podcast Section' in the magazine is a great idea, I'm just dyslexic enough to find typing out links tricky. Clicking on them in a thread is easier for me. The way I manage is to google the podcast title rather than try to type it.

When I said "No one into this?" I was talking about the podcast section of the magazine, not one specific episode. Although it appears you're right and no-one is much interested. :dunno:
Oh I see! I was at the wrong end of the stick there, my apologies. :shy: I had thought you wanted to discuss the episodes you mentioned. I do love a podcast though and I AM interested so thanks for the links. The spring-heeled Jack one does sound good.

My take on it in is that while having the 'Podcast Section' in the magazine is a great idea, I'm just dyslexic enough to find typing out links tricky. Clicking on them in a thread is easier for me. The way I manage is to google the podcast title rather than try to type it.
I am not dyslexic at all and still have trouble with it so I am with you!

The title 'Podcast Section' suggested to me that someone had started a thread with lists of links to podcasts. There is already a thread like that somewhere.

I never type in any links to be honest, just google the name of whatever it is I'm looking for. If I stumble across any really good ones from now on I'll paste them here!

Oh I see! I was at the wrong end of the stick there, my apologies. :shy: I had thought you wanted to discuss the episodes you mentioned. I do love a podcast though and I AM interested so thanks for the links. The spring-heeled Jack one does sound good.

Well, I'll discuss the links too, if anyone listens to them :fhtagn:
Monster Talk is good but a bit TOO skeptical for my liking. The Coffee With Jeff one is okay but basically just a run-down of various stories, by one guy, so not hugely entertaining.
HPL Literary Podcast is, IMO, awesome. The two guys have fun and are quite amusing at times, and, well, if you love HPL's writing as much as I do, it's just really cool to hear the stories dissected.

Been enjoying Astonishing Legends recently. Very good indeed- in depth. Their Mothman series of episodes spans a good eight hours!

http://www.astonishinglegends.com/

And their "Electronic Fog" one really captivated me...not entirely sure why, not something I'd ever been that interested in but it was great. Fascinating and chilling - http://www.astonishinglegends.com/al-podcasts/2017/3/10/ep-64-electronic-fog

Thanks for the recommendation of Astonishing Legends. A really well put together podcast. I am completely taken in by the Oak Island Mystery because of them and have been binge watching the TV show about it.

Another good podcast is Spooked http://pca.st/1fQJ it has fantastic production values, and is the first podcast to genuinely give me the chills.

The Lore TV show has also now started, but I haven’t had time to watch it yet.

Regards

Mark

I have a podcast that fits the bill I think, if you fancy having a go, I'd start with the latest episode and work backwards as I'm pretty new to it all and it's only really found it's feet in the last 4-5 episodes imo.

darkhistories.com

I've really been getting into podcasts as a result of this column. The HP Lovecraft literary Podcast (hppodcraft.com) is by far my favourite.
The thing is, there's a podcast out there for just about anything you might be into! So I tried one about Aleister Crowley, and another about the Dune books (didn't like either personally but you can't win them all).
Thinking about giving up my Audible subscription since these podcasts are free (although I DID make a $15 donation to the HP Lovecraft Literary podcast because it kicks ass).

Started to think it might be good to host a podcast of my own about historical fiction since I know so many great authors but I'm not sure I have the time.

Music during exercise doesn't hack it for me so I used to listen to podcasts. The Pseudopod/Podcastle (horror fiction/science fiction stories) ones were good. Some of the Pseudopod ones were a bit near the knuckle. Perfect for lifting!

Music during exercise doesn't hack it for me so I used to listen to podcasts. The Pseudopod/Podcastle (horror fiction/science fiction stories) ones were good. Some of the Pseudopod ones were a bit near the knuckle. Perfect for lifting!

Have you tried listening to something like Pantera when you exercise? :thrash:

I listened to the Spring-heeled Jack one. It was rather long but very interesting. I seem to be having difficulty getting round to listening to any of the others, mind you I haven't finished last months magazine yet..

Have you tried listening to something like Pantera when you exercise? :thrash:

Music doesn't hack it for me during exercise. It doesn't inspire me or spur me on. I need to listen to someone talking about an intriguing subject.

I listened to the Spring-heeled Jack one. It was rather long but very interesting. I seem to be having difficulty getting round to listening to any of the others, mind you I haven't finished last months magazine yet..
I do a lot of driving at work so use that time to listen to the podcasts or audiobooks.
But I have a big pile of FTs still to read. Can't do that when driving unfortunately.

I listen to many podcasts of a Fortean nature, usually at night to help me drop off, top one at present is Lore but here are a few others
Bedtime stories
Case file
Pleasing terrors
Strange podcast
The strange and unusual
The unexplained with Howard Hughes
Unexplained

I’ve tried many others of a paranormal nature but they seem to be run by groups of delinquents who pepper the whole show with swearing and laughing and don’t really treat the subjects with any seriousness. Some of these get good ratings so they do appeal to some, but are not my cup of tea.

There are a few good crime ones out there as well if that floats your boat.

I listen to many podcasts of a Fortean nature, usually at night to help me drop off, top one at present is Lore but here are a few others
Bedtime stories
Case file
Pleasing terrors
Strange podcast
The strange and unusual
Unexplained

One thing you will find across a lot of those listed above, they often cover the same subjects in more or less detail.

Bedtime stories
Case file
Pleasing terrors
Strange podcast
The strange and unusual
Unexplained

I’ve tried many others of a paranormal nature but they seem to be run by groups of delinquents who pepper the whole show with swearing and laughing and don’t really treat the subjects with any seriousness. Some of these get good ratings so they do appeal to some, but are not my cup of tea.

There are a few good crime ones out there as well if that floats your boat.

Yes I totally agree and love them

http://www.blurryphotos.org/

http://www.theparapod.com/

Carrying on the Blurry photos discussion, I heard the latest episode last night and one of the Daves is leaving in the new year! NoooOOOoooO! That's a real shame, I'll still listen though.

My podcast just wrapped up season one and I'm going on my Christmas break, but I'm looking to do a Christmas Campfire bonus episode with listener content as a fun way of filling the gap in the break. If you have a story you'd like to share on a podcast, get them into me and I'll narrate them. Think along the lines of "it happened to me" subforum here and you'll be on the money.

Carrying on the Blurry photos discussion, I heard the latest episode last night and one of the Daves is leaving in the new year! NoooOOOoooO! That's a real shame, I'll still listen though.

My podcast just wrapped up season one and I'm going on my Christmas break, but I'm looking to do a Christmas Campfire bonus episode with listener content as a fun way of filling the gap in the break. If you have a story you'd like to share on a podcast, get them into me and I'll narrate them. Think along the lines of "it happened to me" subforum here and you'll be on the money.

Shit which episode?? That will be the death of the podcast IMHO.

Back