• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
The guys at the awesome Talking Till Dawn have a new episode available which, for some reason, is not up on the website I linked to back at post #178.

Numbers Stations, Mystery Broadcasts & Broadcast Signal Intrusions is however available via other routes (e.g. Google Podcasts.)

Very much looking forward to giving this a good listening to tonight.

The guys at the awesome Talking Till Dawn have a new episode available which, for some reason, is not up on the website I linked to back at post #178.

Numbers Stations, Mystery Broadcasts & Broadcast Signal Intrusions is however available via other routes (e.g. Google Podcasts.)

Very much looking forward to giving this a good listening to tonight.
I listened to their one about BEKs - it was pretty good. Also good to hear some Scottish people who sound like me, rather than Groundskeeper Willie or Scotty from Star Trek.

I’m a little disappointed that our own contributor, Fitz, from the KOFY podcast didn’t win the recognition deserved in last nights Higgy Pop awards https://www.higgypop.com/news/paranormal-entertainment-award-winners-2020/
I know it is all subjective, but I have listened to all the competitors in last nights awards and KOFY is the only one that I have subscribed to.
Better luck next year Lil and Fitz.

I'm really losing patience with Astonishing legends - It's gone completely woo woo with only very occasional episodes worth a listen I'm getting close to unsubscribing.
I lost my patience with them several years ago. Podcasts can turn into money-making ventures but they also can be hijacked by the one host who is woo woo.

Looks Unfamiliar is a podcast about nostalgia only the guest remembers but nobody else seems to. The latest guest is Will Maclean, author.
Podcast

Because it's Halloween, the topic is more hauntological, including the weird stories on schools programme Look And Read, The Pan Book of Horror, and the icing on the cake, Photographs of the Unknown. I have the same memories of some of the stuff discussed, especially how terrifying Photographs of the Unknown was. Now I have my own copy!

Thanks for this I'm in range to half-remember the stuff talked about - it's also very funny.

Hearing this again - Man, being sick and at home from school

Thanks for this I'm in range to half-remember the stuff talked about - it's also very funny.

Hearing this again - Man, being sick and at home from school

Glad you enjoyed it! I thought I was the only person who remembered The King's Dragon. It is a bit weird, a 9yo boy having a 30something woman as a best friend, but I never considered it at the time...

Thank you! I must admit that I've not listened to all of them myself but I do know that the winner has a much larger audience than we do, and I guess being on TV helps a lot there! We did get the Silver last year though so it's not all bad :)

Talking Till Dawn... for Michael’s genuinely unnerving experience in a Glasgow park (not a BEK, by the way – but you can see the connect).

I really enjoyed that episode, not least because I think I know exactly where the experience he describes took place.

Glad you enjoyed it! I thought I was the only person who remembered The King's Dragon. It is a bit weird, a 9yo boy having a 30something woman as a best friend, but I never considered it at the time...

Most kids fiction involves one or more children befriending some sort of eccentric adult or adults and going off on adventures with them, with no parental supervision or even knowledge.

Most kids fiction involves one or more children befriending some sort of eccentric adult or adults and going off on adventures with them, with no parental supervision or even knowledge.
Yeah, like that would happen in the real world.

I recently stumbled across Ghost Tours of Great Britain with Richard Felix.
This is a funny little podcasts with audio snippets of the hosts visits to various places stitched together. Editing and polishing could be better but no outrageous screaming or unnecessary hilarity from the people he interviews “on site”. Also being British it is about Ghosts and hauntings. No Demons, gateways to hell or UFO’s with greys masquerading as giant owls.
According to the blurb Richard Felix was a long time historian on “Most Haunted”

After hearing her interviewed on Knock Once For Yes (which I really enjoy), I've tracked down interviews with ghost hunter Ruth Roper Wylde on a number of other podcasts, including Weird, Wacky, Wonderful, The Unexplained and Mysteries & Monsters. It's so refreshing to listen to UK-centric podcasts that take a down-to-earth, 'common or garden' approach to the supernatural, as oppose to their more hysterical US cousins.

I'm hoping to find some more like the above to tide me through winter.

Yup, sounds like Techy and me. Haunted to the very fuck, we don't care.

God knows I've tried to get into a couple of US supernatural podcasts, but after your fourth demon of the episode, even my credulity is stretched to breaking point.

But then the theorist in me wonders whether there is a fundamental difference in US / European hauntings - you don't often hear of Great Aunt Gladys being spotted walking through the kitchen wall in America, while they seem ten a penny here - American hauntings are always much more visceral and sinister. Is that to do with how the country was founded, and the bloodshed that that involved?

God knows I've tried to get into a couple of US supernatural podcasts, but after your fourth demon of the episode, even my credulity is stretched to breaking point.

But then the theorist in me wonders whether there is a fundamental difference in US / European hauntings - you don't often hear of Great Aunt Gladys being spotted walking through the kitchen wall in America, while they seem ten a penny here - American hauntings are always much more visceral and sinister. Is that to do with how the country was founded, and the bloodshed that that involved?

Yeah I have spoken about this before, can't remember what thread, I think it's down to religion being much more influential in the US than it is here.

Any fans of Paul F Tompkins here? The new episode of his current podcast (Stay F Homekins) has a funny bit when, in the middle of a sentence, his co-host (and wife) Janie becomes convinced she heard a disembodied voice in the room with them.

I dip in and out of The Paracast, even though I'm a sceptic and the host is almost certainly a scam artist (I signed up on the forum years ago and constantly get emails sent out to every member asking for money to get him of out seemingly endless financial trouble) but it's something I can stick on in the background whilst working and enjoy. But then it might not be a good choice for those who don't listen to stuff like this more for entertainment, like myself.

Does anyone know why Ian Gibbs left Ghost Story Guys? The info is hidden behind the show's Patreon paywall. Doesn't sound that it was a particularly nice split, reading between the lines.

Pity as they had great chemistry.

Shame as it was in my top 5 paranormal podcasts and my new Year resolution was starting to use Patreon for my top 5 shows.

Blurry Photos was nowhere near as good when Dave Stecco left. :(

Does anyone know why Ian Gibbs left Ghost Story Guys? The info is hidden behind the show's Patreon paywall. Doesn't sound that it was a particularly nice split, reading between the lines.

Pity as they had great chemistry.

Shame as it was in my top 5 paranormal podcasts and my new Year resolution was starting to use Patreon for my top 5 shows.

Blurry Photos was nowhere near as good when Dave Stecco left. :(
Crap. I was wondering what happened as the podcast was always on time and they hadn't done one since before Christmas. I was searching online, but couldn't find anything and I listened again to the last podcast to see if they'd announced anything. It was also one of my favourites. Though I did think that Brennan Storr was doing a lot more work regarding narrating books and I got the impression that the weekly format that they'd recently decided to do was not quite easy to keep up with. This I only gleaned from listening to their podcast conversations, nothing that I've heard specifically.

Crap. I was wondering what happened as the podcast was always on time and they hadn't done one since before Christmas. I was searching online, but couldn't find anything and I listened again to the last podcast to see if they'd announced anything. It was also one of my favourites. Though I did think that Brennan Storr was doing a lot more work regarding narrating books and I got the impression that the weekly format that they'd recently decided to do was not quite easy to keep up with. This I only gleaned from listening to their podcast conversations, nothing that I've heard specifically.

Brennan did most of the work on the podcast itself, editing, production, music, etc so I guess he sort of owned it. He certainly seemed to have more invested in it. Ian did his ghost tours and his book was obviously more successful and I always felt he relied on it less than Brennan.

Still, I enjoyed both and it will not be the same, the new one felt quite somber which is understandable.

Brennan did most of the work on the podcast itself, editing, production, music, etc so I guess he sort of owned it. He certainly seemed to have more invested in it. Ian did his ghost tours and his book was obviously more successful and I always felt he relied on it less than Brennan.

Still, I enjoyed both and it will not be the same, the new one felt quite somber which is understandable.
Brennan is a good editor and producer, but I liked Ian's narration style. Both complemented each other. I didn't mind the most recent one. I also like Paul Bestel (Paul I hope I spelled your name right) so he was a good choice to start off the new format with.

Back