• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pokémon GO Madness

I live in a little village, central New South Wales, which is 400 K's inland from the sea, 6 hours drive from Sydney, 70 k's from the nearest town, with a shire population of 700 people, and my eldest Daughter needed to go to the local oval on Christmas day to chase some aberrant cartoon character - it's a strange world.

Just when you thought Pokemon Go was finally Pokemon Gone By ...

Retiree mounts 11 phones to bicycle to play 'Pokemon Go'
A 69-year-old Taiwan man has become a local celebrity after being spotted around the city playing Pokemon Go on 11 smartphones mounted to his bike.

Chen San-yuan, aka "Uncle Pokemon," has become well-known to New Taipei City residents after being spotted around town playing the game on 11 smartphones mounted to the front of his bicycle.

Chen, who said he sometimes stays out until 4 a.m. hunting for Pokemon, said he became hooked on Pokemon Go after his grandson showed him how to play in 2016.

The dedicated player said his habit costs him more than $1,300 each month and he is considering expanding his rig to be able to play on 15 phones simultaneously.

SOURCE (WITH PHOTO OF THE RIG): https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/0...icycle-to-play-Pokemon-Go/6831533829660/?sl=6

POKEMON Detective Pikachu: Great fun as Pikachu becomes a detective when his human partner goes missing in action. Joining with his partner's son (who can communicate with Pikachu) and an intrepid young reporter, Pikachu goes up against evil entrepreneurs and savage Pokemons. A gas turns Pokemons feral and you don't want to meet them when they're angry. Mewtwo plays an enigmatic role as he is experimented on by scientists. Apart from one or two hiccups the Pokemons are seamlessly integrated in to the live action. Some delightful Pokemons, some you'd like to strangle but go see this rollicking mystery adventure comedy on the big screen. 8/10.

Last edited:
I have an autistic friend and this is what gets him out of the house! First time he's done this apart from going to work :D I tag along and he drives us to all sorts of places, and I can green man hunt while he hunts for Pokemon!

I have an autistic friend and this is what gets him out of the house! First time he's done this apart from going to work :D I tag along and he drives us to all sorts of places, and I can green man hunt while he hunts for Pokemon!

I bet he would love to live in the parallel universe in this film where Pokemons are real.

Is Pokemon Go still a thing?

In Norwich when it first launched I was constantly having to sidestep youngsters on the streets, as they were too busy staring at their phones hunting Pokemon to look where they were walking.

Then after a couple of months everyone seemed to lose interest.

Now with this new Harry Potter game I guess it's all going to kick off again.

Back