• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Police Psychics: Proof Of The Pudding?

More is being revealed in the paper today:

The woman who found the body was named as Aboriginal elder Cheryl Lagerwey.

Ms Lagerwey was actually searching for the body of Kiesha Abrahams, the six-year-old Mount Druitt girl who went missing almost two weeks ago, and had been led to Nurragingy Reserve by a "bad feeling".

"I had a dream about a little girl being murdered and that her body was about here," she told News Ltd.

Instead, Ms Lagerwey stumbled upon the decomposed torso of an adult female on the bank of Eastern Creek, sparking a large police search of the waterway and surrounding reserve.

The reserve, a sacred Aboriginal site, spans 90 hectares of open forest and woodland about 700 metres east of the M7 motorway.

escargot1 said:
Could be an intelligent guess. ;)

Years ago, when a small girl was missing in Chester, I was chatting to a detective I knew slightly and the subject of her disappearance came up. I remarked that she'd soon be found floating in the River Dee, and sadly she was, within a couple of days. :shock:

I felt a bit worried in case it made me look like a suspect!

Nothing psychic or especially intuitive, though. The river runs right through the city and is an obvious place to dump a body. The murderer might imagine that although it will probably resurface, the action of the water would have washed away any evidence.

Could be. I get what youre saying :)
However in this case the park land area where the body was found is pretty large so to pin point what I think is 100 metres or so* does feel spooky - and for someone else to do it exactly is quite something. Sydney is a massive city in terms of the land space it takes up.
Take into account that the area is not particularly close to where the woman went missing. Taking that distance into consideration alone, there are numerous other areas of park land and forrest areas where the body could have been dumped. I mean the Blue Mountains arent that much further away if you have a car which Im assuming (possibly wrongly, who knows) that whoever dumped her did. They are also much less populated. I wouldnt usually guess for the body part to turn up after so long in a public park where large groups of school children and old people go trekking regularly and where people hold weddings and events each weekend.

*If I wasnt interstate right now I would be able to tell you exactly.

A little piece I found on Cheryl Lagerway, the woman who found the body. Its from one of the spiritulist churches:
http://www.enmorespiritualistchurch.com/

The woman who found the body was an Aboriginal elder, Cheryl Lagerwey
Elders in Australian Aboriginal culture are the most respected in their various tribes and are regarded as the persons with the most wisdom needed to guide people through life and advise on various difficulties encountered along this journey we are on.

A examination of Australian Indigenous beliefs reveals a remarkable number of similarities with the beliefs of Spiritualism.

There is possibly one difference. Elders are not those who seek publicity or have a desire to profit from their wisdom.

One aspect of this remarkable story is that Cheryl Lagerwey did not seek publicity or speak to the media. Her name was released by the police as is their normal practice to keep the public notified of movements in an investigation. Police took Ms Lagerwey's claim very seriously when she contacted them and travelled to the spot she had located and discovered the body.
How pleasing to know that in our police force who protect us there are those who believe strongly enough in what sometimes is not so apparent in a material sense.

There is a large Indigenous community in the Mount Druitt area where the body was found and it is a credit to the NSW Police that they are wiling to pay respect to their local community in this way.
Posted by Enmore Spiritualist Church est; 1913 at 1:50 AM

Psychic finds wrong corpse

A "PSYCHIC" hunting the body of a missing child found the headless torso of an adult woman instead.
Cheryl Carroll-Lagerwey discovered the woman near a park creek after searching for Kiesha Abrahams, six, following a gruesome vision.

Aboriginal elder Cheryl said: "I had a dream about a little girl being murdered and that her body was about here."

Cops looking for Kiesha since she vanished from her home near Sydney, Australia, almost two weeks ago may now get Cheryl involved in the search for the girl.

Det Chief Insp Pamela Young said: "It's interesting that a woman had a feeling it was worth coming to this particular part of the park."

It is thought the torso, wrapped in plastic, might be that of missing mum-of-one Kristi McDougall, 31.

Divers were yesterday searching for more remains.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3093616/Psychic-finds-wrong-corpse.html

maximus otter

'Psychic' tip-off sparks police hunt for mass grave in Texas
Woman faces false reporting charges after police and FBI search of rural home beamed live on national TV ends in red faces
Staff and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 8 June 2011 04.35 BST

Police in Texas are investigating whether a tip-off from a woman claiming to be a psychic that sparked a hunt for a mass grave of dismembered bodies, including children, was a hoax.
Officers raided a rural farmhouse in Hardin, north-east of Houston, after receiving a report that up to 30 bodies were hidden inside. But police gave up the search hours later after nothing untoward had been found.

"There's no crime scene," said Liberty County judge Craig McNair as deputies, Texas Rangers and FBI agents ended their fruitless search that was beamed live to millions on national TV.

Captain Rex Evans, spokesman for the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, said the woman, who twice called in the tip, would be investigated for making a false report.

Evans said the tip-off had to be taken seriously because children's bodies were claimed to be in the property. The department called the FBI for help, and Texas Rangers spent hours obtaining a warrant to search the one-storey brick home at a rural crossroads near Hardin, about 51 miles east of Houston.

The Houston Chronicle and local TV reporters tracked down the home's occupant, Joe Bankson, who said he and his wife, both long-haul truck drivers, had left on Sunday en-route to Georgia and knew nothing about dead bodies. "I haven't killed anybody," Bankson told the Chronicle.

He told KHOU-TV his daughter's ex-boyfriend had cut his wrist when drunk two weeks before, possibly leaving blood that might have piqued investigators' interest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ju ... nd-psychic

Wouldn't the fact that the majority of self-styled psychics aren't accurate about these predictions be a better reason to investigate the woman making the claim first before they had searched this couple's property?

This tale ticks a lot of boxes!
Penzance drag queen psychic claims to have vision about unsolved Cornwall murder of Linda Bryant
By CM_HazelMurra | Posted: January 19, 2016

A PENZANCE psychic has contacted police after having a vision about an unsolved 17-year-old murder - but his information was so accurate he was DNA tested as a potential suspect.
Tristan Rees, 50, claims he has been regularly visited by the spirit of murdered mother-of-two Linda Bryant since she was brutally stabbed to death in 1998.

He finally plucked up the courage to go to police with information he says she 'showed him' including detailed descriptions of her attacker and his escape vehicle.
But he was horrified when two officers turned up at his door take his DNA sample and fears he is now a potential suspect because of the accuracy of his information.
Nearly seven months on, detectives are yet to eliminate him from the investigation and Tristan is terrified he will be arrested on suspicion of the violent killing.

Drag queen Tristan said: "I didn't want to go to the police because it might look like I'm involved.
"But I got fed up with Linda showing me the murder, so I took the information to the police. What Linda was showing me was quite graphic and prolonged.

"I was quite shocked when I saw these two cops outside in suits and [they] took a DNA sample - they didn't say why.
"It must be because the information was so accurate it gave them cause to think I was the murderer.
"It was six months ago and they have just left me hanging. I don't know if they are still investigating or treating me as a suspect."

Married Linda, 41, was attacked while walking her lurcher dog Jay near her home in the quiet hamlet of Ruan Highlanes, Cornwall, on October 20, 1998.
She had been stabbed in the neck, chest and back and the killer has never been found, despite police interviewing every local man between the ages of 14 and 70.

But Tristan, who claims to have been clairvoyant since he was a child, said just six months after the murder he was visited by the spirit of Mrs Bryant.
He said: "The visions just came to me at any time.
"It was almost like looking at a film but I'm right there next to her and the killer.
"It was always the same pictures of her walking down the lane and the killer following her and then he walks back to a van he's got."

Tristan claims the 'killer' has greying ginger hair, a wrinkled face and is quite slim and wearing a blue boiler suit and boots and driving a large white van.
He added: "His boiler suit and boots were covered with blood, but you couldn't tell it was blood because it was on dark material."

Tristan said he was plagued by the images for 15 years before he approached Devon and Cornwall Police in 2013 with his own drawings of the suspect and detailed descriptions.
He left the paperwork at a police station - and the visions stopped - and heard nothing until two years later when two plain-clothed officers visited him last June.

Despite apparently promising to contact him with the results in the coming weeks, he claims police haven't been in touch, leaving him worried he is considered a suspect.
"They didn't tell me what the DNA was for," Tristan said. "I'd like to know if the information was useful."

Devon and Cornwall Police would not confirm if Tristan was still being considered as part of the investigation, but said they were "grateful" for any information.
A spokesman said: "Police met with Tristan Rees in June 2015 after he contacted us stating that he had been receiving premonitions about Linda Bryant's murder.
"He provided information to us via a brief statement and his DNA was taken with his consent as a routine procedure.
"The police are always grateful for any information regarding this, or any other case."

http://www.cornishman.co.uk/Penzanc...ed-17-year/story-28559954-detail/story.html#1

Not any old psychic, but a drag queen psychic! :p And the Police don't know what Premonition means. :rolleyes:

'Every psychic offering to help police find a killer and bring a family justice is a fraud'​

Our Crime Scene columnist Professor David Wilson says every documented case he has encountered in which a psychic claims to have offered information to the police that resulted in a conviction has proven to be fraudulent.

When I was a student, I perfected a chat-up line and then developed a whole routine that I could read palms – as a way of getting close to some of the girls I took a shine to.
I couldn’t read palms at all but I had read a book that explained some basic information about what the lines of our hands were supposed to stand for.
That knowledge, coupled with “Barnum statements” – there was something in what I would go on to say that could apply to each and everyone one of us – and a reading of the girl’s body language allowed me to be become quite a proficient “palm reader”.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/every-psychic-offering-help-police-24561846

Tennessee police stated that they do not intend to consult a psychic over a currently missing child, despite social media rumours to the contrary.

Missing Tennessee girl Summer Wells: No psychics needed in search, sheriff says

Authorities involved in the search for a missing 5-year-old Tennessee girl have squashed social media rumors that the sheriff’s office has been consulting a psychic to help with the investigation.

"HCSO is not utilizing the assistance of any psychics in the search for Summer Wells," the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post, adding that social media posts directed to the department "shall not be evaluated."

Tennessee police stated that they do not intend to consult a psychic over a currently missing child, despite social media rumours to the contrary.

Missing Tennessee girl Summer Wells: No psychics needed in search, sheriff says
I listened to a podcast very recently that looked at the record of a famous American psychic over a long period of years, and whilst she appeared to have one or two phenomenal results, her overall record was uninspiring.
There were claims she bribed police officers to tell the press how the info she provided solved cases so that her books continued to sell well. I believe she passed away some years ago.
Can I remember which podcast? Can I find it again? No of course I can’t, I listen to so many they seem to meld into one.

I listened to a podcast very recently that looked at the record of a famous American psychic over a long period of years, and whilst she appeared to have one or two phenomenal results, her overall record was uninspiring.
There were claims she bribed police officers to tell the press how the info she provided solved cases so that her books continued to sell well. I believe she passed away some years ago.
Can I remember which podcast? Can I find it again? No of course I can’t, I listen to so many they seem to meld into one.
Podcasts sometimes disappear. Can particularly remember one about ghosts that I liked just vanishing.

This article about dream psychic Chris Robinson's collaborations with law enforcement appeared in Fortean Times, issue #86.
Dream Detectives

How deeply are psychics involved in police work in Britain? Robert Irving pulls on his trenchcoat and investigates...

By his own admission, Chris Robinson works at the serious end of British psychic detection. No wisp of Doris Stokes, he's the Home Counties' own Ingo Swann: "I'm the best there is," he announces, "you need look no further than me."

While Chris talks, I'm browsing through his cuttings scrapbook there is a report from the Luton News of 2 October, 1991, for instance, in which Robinson correctly predicted bombings around the time of the Labour Party conference in Blackpool; further on there's a similar story, where police were led to five unexploded devices following a Conservative Party conference in Bournemouth. There are many such stories.

During the IRA's mainland bombing campaign, Chris increasingly found himself thinking about dogs. Early one morning in 1990, as he lay in a half-sleep, he dreamed of two dogs jumping over the wall of a cemetery and into the grounds of what he quickly recognised as the RAF Administration Depot in Stanmore. Later that year, on a break in the Phillippines, he awoke with a vision of a white van and rockets and in the white van there were... dogs. There were dogs in SW1. There were dogs sniffing around London's Finchley Road, and escaping from Brixton jail. There were dogs outside Prince Charles's Highgrove estate, and eyeing up Police dog units (K9's) in Huntingdon. And there were dogs booked into a hotel near GCHQ, the top secret communications and listening centre in Cheltenham.

"Now, dogs equal terrorists," he explained, "And whenever I dreamed about dogs I knew that something bad was going to happen." Chris showed me the video of his appearance on LWT's Strange But True, featuring a dramatisation of the Stanmore story the smooth tongue of its host, Michael Aspel, moistening the seal of believability. "The dogs were carrying a clock," remembered Chris, "and then it went off. So I woke up, did my usual translation dogs equal terrorists, clocks equal bombs, this is where it is, etc. and then I went down there to tell them, 'You're next'. Then I was arrested and kept there all day for interrogation which I thought was wonderful because now I exist on MOD records.

"They logged a report, and then they doubled the guard." Chris was still talking. I was still sceptical. "And as a consequence of doubling the guard they spotted someone climbing over..." From the cemetery? "Yes, just as I'd dreamed." He was impatient, like a suspect squeezed for the same answer for the hundredth time. Then he gave me a different slant on the MOD's letter perhaps more oblique than they would have preferred. "There were conflicting reports after that," he said, "the first stating that the terrorists were arrested, but then, officially, the RAF said they managed to escape. But I'm not so sure they did they might have had a Gibraltar done on them."

I had recognised the talking-head police spokesman on Strange But True as Sgt Richard MacGregor of the No.5 Regional Crime Squad, who I'd interviewed a few days earlier. "This is straight from the horse's mouth," he told me. "My chief inspector's job was to ring around the various forces where [Robinson had predicted] things were going to happen, and tell them about Chris so that they didn't overreact, or think he was a crank." As he recounted on the programme, he had taken a call in which the psychic described fireworks exploding in the sky, followed by two crowns slowly descending to earth.

A few days later, Robinson telephoned to report that he'd just witnessed the collision of two Russian fighters at an air display; the obvious manifestation of his dream. "At first we thought the fireworks signified bombs," said MacGregor, "so we rang around to warn all the crown courts in the area, and they searched the buildings but found nothing. But then it transpired that the crowns were really parachutes." Which was typically lateral.

MacGregor went on to confirm his quote in Psychic News that, "when Chris comes to the police with his dreams, he is taken seriously and the information [..] is acted upon immediately". However, this contradicted the Regional Crime Squad's official position that they could, "categorically state that we have never used psychics during any investigations". Such contradictions are nothing new to subjects like this so, while the police played Apollo to Robinson's Cassandra, their individual public performances told a different story.

Sgt MacGregor remembered an occasion when the Severn Bridge was guarded for two nights based upon information provided by Robinson that the IRA was planning to blow it up. Nothing happened. Or, nothing anyone noticed, "because Chris said: 'Who's to say that the IRA didn't take a look, and were going to plant a bomb until they saw the police presence?' and maybe he was right." We'll never know, but a bigger question had begun to nag. "I know what you're about to say," offered the sergeant, "if you walked into your local nick with this kind of information, they wouldn't treat you seriously, and they definitely wouldn't give you informer status." So, what exactly, had convinced them about Robinson's psychic abilities?
SALVAGED FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE: https://web.archive.org/web/19980216124358/http://www.forteantimes.com/artic/86/dream.html

This article about dream psychic Chris Robinson's collaborations with law enforcement appeared in Fortean Times, issue #86.

SALVAGED FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE: https://web.archive.org/web/19980216124358/http://www.forteantimes.com/artic/86/dream.html
Thanks, I was intrigued by Chris Robinson when I first watched him on Strange But True?.

He made some bold claims and there was a definite thread of truth running through the whole affair as is evidenced above. However, I simply do not believe this statement:

"But I'm not so sure they did they might have had a Gibraltar done on them."

The IRA or any other paramilitary would not have allowed the deaths of their comrades to be covered up, there was simply too much propaganda value to be had a home and in the US (NORAID) where it was important to portray the British government as callous murderers. So he is making an unsubstantiated statement there and I'm not sure it is the only one. I remember digging into what had happened to him after his 15 minutes of TV fame. There was a book published in 1997:

"The amazing true story of medium and psychic Chris Robinson

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13010699-dream-detective

And also found this:

DREAM DETECTIVE UK.​

Dec 1988 - Present33 years 8 months
Bedfordshire UK
The very best way to learn about me is to google my name. Chris Robinson Dream Detective, or Chris Robinson Psychic you can ad CIA to my name in the search as it will give you more information about me. If you would like to see more, dreamdetective51 on youtube. Do not allow youtube to put spaces in. Type it straight. The G.O.D. Experiments written by Dr Gary E Schwartz details the ground breaking precognition experiments I conducted with him in 2001. Contact me if you would like to know…

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christopher-robinson-486729b?original_referer=https://www.google.com/

And his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/dreamdetective51

Seems he has been earning a living on a 'pay-a-psychic' channel?

His website link is dead, is he still alive?

http://www.dream-detective.com {warning: links to spam}

Last edited:
Watched a Sky Crime programme recently, The Suzy Lamplugh Mystery.
As the widely-publicised investigation was in full swing, enough psychics and mediums (etc) offered the police help that they held their own conference nearby.

A couple of retired police detectives comment on the psychics' involvement. Seems the psychics were listened to in case they knew something but didn't actually come up with anything helpful: their comments were contradictory and no two had offered the same advice.

Back