• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Polish yeti stalks girl?

Quake42

Warrior Princess
No idea what to make of this report in today's Metro:

Bikini girl: Pervert yeti stalked me

A teenager has added fresh rumour to the yeti debate after claiming the beast spied on her in her bikini as she paddled in a river.
Justyna Folger was having a dip during a camping trip when a shadowy creature appeared on the opposite bank.

'At first I thought it was a bear but it appeared to be stooping and then it raised itself on to two legs and ran off. I couldn't believe it,' said Miss Folger, 19.

The incident was caught on camera by her boyfriend Tadeusz Serafinowski.

Yeti-hunters are already flocking to the site in the Tatra mountains in Poland after another sighting last week.

Walker Piotr Kowalski, 27, filmed a yeti-like creature emerging from a mountain path. Park rangers are on alert and hunting for the mysterious beast.

'If there is something out there we will find it,' said Cmdr Edward Wlazlo.

link

*Edited because I forgot to include link. I'm hoping a kind Mod might shorten the link for me - I always forget how to do it!

edited again to shorten link - stu the kind mod

There was another Polish Yeti story last week in The Sun:

A HOLIDAYMAKER is believed to have captured footage of a YETI.

Piotr Kowalski, 27, filmed the "monstrous, hairy creature" while walking in Poland's Tatra Mountains.

The figure ran into his view as he videoed a mountain goat in an area rich in rumours of a Yeti for centuries.

Mr Kowalski, on holiday from Warsaw, said: "I saw this huge ape-like form hiding behind the rocks. When I saw it, it was like being struck by a thunderbolt.

"I never really believed the local stories of a wild mountain ape-man. But now I do."

The Nautilus Foundation, which probes unexplained phenomena from its base in Warsaw, now has the film.

President Robert Bernatowicz said: "It shows something that moves on two legs and is bigger than a normal man - but because the camera shakes so much it is difficult to say what it is.

"We need to go to the site and see what traces, if any, are left."

There's an underwhelming still from the movie accompanying the story, here.

Back