"Political Correctness Gone Mad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Anybody else thinking that they wouldn't mind a go on the Acme WingBaby ?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
A joke ..

It's been snowing all night..
8:00 I made a snowman.
8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 I made a snow woman.
8:17 My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 The gay couple living nearby weren't happy and said it should have been two snowmen instead.
8:22 A transgender person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot noses, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 I am being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 The Muslim gent across the road demands the snow woman must wear a burqa.
8:40 Three Police cars arrive saying someone has been offended.
8:42 The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needs to be removed because it depicts women in a domestic role.
8:43 The council equalities officer arrived and threatened me with prosecution.
8:45 TV news crew from the BBC shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow women? I reply, "Snowballs" and am called a sexist.
9:00 I'm on the News as a suspected terrorist, pervert, racist, homophobic sensibility offender bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 Far left protestors offended by everything are marching calling for my head.
9:29 My kids are taken from me and I lose my job.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
The first time we flew with Miss Yith she was eleven-months old and I was dreading it and had prepared numerous distractions to keep her occupied. Fortunately, she fell asleep before take-off and slept continuously with only a fifteen minute waking spell for the whole ten-hour flight. Our neighbours actually came over and watched her sleeping and told us how relieved they were--I told them that I was equally relieved!

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
I'm not sure which I fear most, if I spot them in the random boarding queue: the fractious baby or the smelly man.

Sod's Law says the return journey will reunite you with unwelcome neighbours. One gigantic, white-dreadlocked creature had been directly in front of us on a five hour flight. He was three rows behind on the flight back but we knew it! He had been a week in the tropics, without benefit of water and he started from bad! :eek:

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I'm not sure which I fear most, if I spot them in the random boarding queue: the fractious baby or the smelly man.

Sod's Law says the return journey will reunite you with unwelcome neighbours. One gigantic, white-dreadlocked creature had been directly in front of us on a five hour flight. He was three rows behind on the flight back but we knew it! He had been a week in the tropics, without benefit of water and he started from bad! :eek:
Its like a lottery you are praying not to win.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Jesus, yes!

I rarely travel on planes now, blessedly, but this creature and his rellies seem to seek me out on buses. One of the reasons I bought an iPod was to protect me from noisy, foul-mouthed fellow travellers. Can't someone invent the iNostril? Imagine a small, portable device which, when it detects someone who smells like a monkey's wedding, releases a waft of fresh-cut grass or Norfolk lavender...

FFS: Soap and water cost bugger all; use them!

maximus otter

Fluttermoth

Mrs Treguard
Can't someone invent the iNostril? Imagine a small, portable device which, when it detects someone who smells like a monkey's wedding, releases a waft of fresh-cut grass or Norfolk lavender...
That is genius, I need one!

I don't travel much, but I am frequently assaulted by people walking past me who have gone the other way, and covered themselves with so much perfume it surrounds them like a solid wall, extending about eight feet from their actual person and chokes you when you walk into it.

They're usually on the way to the pub, I suspect to try and 'pull', and I always want to tell them that they're going to fail if everyone passes out from lack of oxygen every time they try and talk to you :hungo:

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
On our internal flight in America a couple of years ago, there was a Scottish lady in our party who was lovely, but there is no other to say it, she was very wide indeed. We got on the plane and yup, she was sat next to me, who was in the window seat. Her skinny husband was sat in the aisle seat, comfy and spread out, with one leg in the aisle.

I was hunched up with my body at an angle. Eventually I strained to turn to say something to my wife, who was sat behind me, next to an empty seat! She just smiled at me.

Being diplomatic I asked the lady behind if I could sit next to my wife in the empty seat as we like to sit together. Of course she had no problem.

While not the fault of the lady, it isn't fair that I should have potentially sat for four hours, scrunched up with my body at an awkward angle.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
It hasn't Mytho, just tap on the large photo.
No photo. Just a message:
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
No photo. Just a message:
I've just done a copy paste of it but this might contain all sorts of other crap .. here you go ..

Two volunteers have been sacked from the RNLI lifeboat service after buying one another mugs with pictures of naked women with colleague’s heads superimposed on them.

The two unidentified men gave each other the mugs as Secret Santa gifts, according to The Sun."

After a manager found the mugs in a cupboard at the RNLI base in Whitby, the men were told to destroy them."

An investigation was then launched after the incident was marked as a ‘safeguarding breach’."

As a result, the two men were sacked and three others are believed to have resigned out of protest at their sacking, arguing that the x-rated pictures were ‘just banter’."

A source told The Sun: ‘One of the sacked men served 15 years. He should be given a medal, not his marching orders."

‘Two of the crew are women and told the managers that they were not offended. It’s overkill by the RNLI.’"

However, the RNLI has defended their decision, arguing that it was ‘not a trivial matter’."

They said: ‘The lifeboat station should be an environment where people can expect to be treated with dignity and respect."
‘We cannot allow bullying, harassment or discrimination in what should be a safe and inclusive environment and there will be serious consequences for anybody who demonstrates this behaviour within the RNLI.’"

They added: ‘By challenging this behaviour, we are standing up for the thousands of volunteers who are committed to doing the right thing as they operate our 238 lifeboat stations, saving lives at sea around the clock, 365 days of the year."

‘Our dedicated volunteers represent the values and principles of our organisation and we will not allow any behaviour that brings the work of the RNLI and our people into disrepute.’"

The RNLI said that the two volunteers now have the right to challenge the decision to sack them."

Last edited:
Many years ago I was occupying the window seat of a very busy Friday evening train from Euston to Manchester when a not so very well known, and then really quite large, Jo Brand sat on the seat next to me. About two minutes before the train was due to move I realised in a panic that I'd lost my wallet. It had taken a fair bit of manoeuvring to get into her seat and I was kind of embarrassed to ask her to move so that I could get up and look for it. But she did, and as she did I spotted my wallet, slightly flattened, on the seat where some few seconds previously her ample backside had been installed. For some reason I was too embarrassed to tell her that she’d sat on my wallet, so I palmed it, carried on and then came back and pretended I’d found it on the platform.

She was really very nice - going up to Manchester with another performer whose name I have long since forgotten. And unlike many artistes, not at all cliquey - both chatted all the way up, and I didn’t resent the complete loss of an armrest and being a bit more familiar with the window than I normally find congenial.

Last edited:

Quake42

Warrior Princess
I have very fine, fly-away hair, so the shampoo they supply would be no good for me either.
But I'm not going to moan about it if a hotel supplies shampoo.
Hotel shampoo, other than that in very high end establishment, is almost always of the cheap and basic sort. It’s not a racist conspiracy. If you prefer your own brand then just bring it with you. Lots of people do.

Talk about looking for things to complain about.

Quake42

Warrior Princess
I've just done a copy paste of it but this might contain all sorts of other crap .. here you go ..

Two volunteers have been sacked from the RNLI lifeboat service after buying one another mugs with pictures of naked women with colleague’s heads superimposed on them.

The two unidentified men gave each other the mugs as Secret Santa gifts, according to The Sun."

After a manager found the mugs in a cupboard at the RNLI base in Whitby, the men were told to destroy them."

An investigation was then launched after the incident was marked as a ‘safeguarding breach’."

As a result, the two men were sacked and three others are believed to have resigned out of protest at their sacking, arguing that the x-rated pictures were ‘just banter’."

A source told The Sun: ‘One of the sacked men served 15 years. He should be given a medal, not his marching orders."

‘Two of the crew are women and told the managers that they were not offended. It’s overkill by the RNLI.’"

However, the RNLI has defended their decision, arguing that it was ‘not a trivial matter’."

They said: ‘The lifeboat station should be an environment where people can expect to be treated with dignity and respect."
‘We cannot allow bullying, harassment or discrimination in what should be a safe and inclusive environment and there will be serious consequences for anybody who demonstrates this behaviour within the RNLI.’"

They added: ‘By challenging this behaviour, we are standing up for the thousands of volunteers who are committed to doing the right thing as they operate our 238 lifeboat stations, saving lives at sea around the clock, 365 days of the year."

‘Our dedicated volunteers represent the values and principles of our organisation and we will not allow any behaviour that brings the work of the RNLI and our people into disrepute.’"

The RNLI said that the two volunteers now have the right to challenge the decision to sack them."
I was pretty appalled but sadly not surprised by this story.

In a sane world and indeed in any workplace up until the last few years the appropriate reaction by management to the mugs would have been to have a quiet word with individuals concerned and suggest they take them home.

Now the magic words “diversity”, “inclusion”, “safeguarding” have been uttered and so the lifeboatmen must be sacked. If that results in a few deaths at sea well that’s a price worth paying for the magic words.

Pathetic and shameful.

Last edited:

onetwothree

Sigils, Prosecco and crying are my main talents.
As I understand it, the womens' faces that were superimposed onto the naked pictures were colleagues. Is that right? If so, and it had been my face, I would have been embarrassed and angry, but I would not have wanted sackings.

Status
Not open for further replies.