• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

POLL: LEAST Favourite Fortean Subject?

LEAST favourite Fortean subject? What doesn't interest you?

• Ghosts

• Cryptozoology

• Urban legends / folklore

• Ufology

• Magic(k) and the occult

• Earth mysteries

• New science / strange science

• Religion & cults

• Conspiracies

• Parapsychology

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be fair though, we could level the same criticism at nearly all forteana .. like when people used to say "I hate football, it's just people kicking a ball around a field" and then go on to say that tennis (or similar) is better .. a sport when it's "Just two people hitting a ball at each other" in other words.

I'm not a fan of Wembley or Wimbledon so yes I could say the sports are similar. But I would contend that seeing a flying object I couldn't identify and associating it with Intergalactic Aliens playing hide and seek with Southern State rednecks with the blessing of secret Government organisations, is not so similar.

I'm not a fan of Wembley or Wimbledon so yes I could say the sports are similar. But I would contend that seeing a flying object I couldn't identify and associating it with Intergalactic Aliens playing hide and seek with Southern State rednecks with the blessing of secret Government organisations, is not so similar.
I still think of what I saw as an 'as yet unexplained unidentified object' .. I don't think it was a craft flown by extraterrestrials, just something a bit odd with an usual explanation that just hasn't dawned on me yet.

I still think of what I saw as an 'as yet unexplained unidentified object' .. I don't think it was a craft flown by extraterrestrials, just something a bit odd with an usual explanation that just hasn't dawned on me yet.

We are in complete agreement.

Thanks for bumping the polls. Here's why I voted down UFO's and Parapsychology.
Deciding here reminds me a bit of watching The X Files 20 years ago. I liked the one off "Monster of the Week" eps very much, they could be exciting, horrifying, or funny; sometimes they managed all three. The eps that did the heavy lifting to advance the aliens and black oil plot threads were heavy lifting for me to watch and a bit like a slow soap opera. So, UFOology's a bit bland for me.
Parapsychology can get "Woo."

Back