• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Polling Extinction: Americans Against Bringing Back Dinosaurs

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
They're also relatively upbeat about humanity's prospects of survival.

'Released into their original habitat' (Table 4) is going to be tricky for some!

Recent polling.

A new YouGov survey asked Americans for their thoughts on preserving endangered species or even trying to bring back extinct species. The findings suggest that while there are some creatures that Americans would like to bring back, there are many they’d prefer to leave in the past.

Nearly three-quarters (74%) of U.S. adult citizens strongly or somewhat support scientists trying to prevent animal species from going extinct. Far fewer (11%) are strongly or somewhat opposed, and 15% say they are unsure.

But bringing back extinct animals is a different story. Only one-third (32%) of Americans say they would strongly or somewhat support scientists trying to do this. Far more (45%) say they are somewhat or strongly opposed to this idea. Men (37%) are more likely than women (27%) to say they would support scientists trying to bring back extinct species using genetic science.

Full Article:
https://today.yougov.com/topics/lif...4/22/americans-would-not-bring-back-dinosaurs

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 7.51.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 7.51.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 7.51.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 7.52.08 AM.png

... 'Released into their original habitat' (Table 4) is going to be tricky for some! ...

I noticed that. It's unclear to me why the pollsters elected to include the addendum about releasing recovered species "... in their original habitat." This narrows the implication of the question being posed and almost certainly dampens enthusiasm for having dangerous species resurrected.

Yes, as I have always noted, sf sends us some very strong (but not necessarily desirable) messages.

Why the Gender divide, I wonder?

I figured this was some advertising for the latest Jurassic Park movie.

Whilst presuming (perhaps unfairly) that there will always be another latest Jurassic Park movie, this short 'documentary' produced by the "Fascinating Horror" channel on YouTube really caught me by surprise.

Please do watch it, and let's see how long it takes for your penny to drop (mine took a lot longer than it should've done: and certainly a lot longer than it would've taken, if I'd stumbled across this video at the start of the month, rather than the end!)

l’d love to see T. rex brought back. As to allowing them to roam their original habitat, l think the inhabitants of Wyoming and Colorado might have input on that…

maximus otter

l’d love to see T. rex brought back. As to allowing them to roam their original habitat, l think the inhabitants of Wyoming and Colorado might have input on that…

maximus otter
The environment and climate have changed, so more appropriate places would be membership-subscribed hunting reserves in warm, wet, semi-tropical locales. We do expect you to spearhead this effort.

Back