Poltergeists

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
@McAvennie - when you get around to it, there's a forum article in FT 393 on a haunting that wasn't I think you will find interesting, or food for thought, anyway. But keep us posted.

IbisNibs

Exotic animal, sort of . . .
Reaction score
We put a picture up on the wall when we moved in using double-sided fixing tape. We used the same process on this picture in our old apartment and it held up for six years. Here, it fell off the wall within two days.
Results may vary--it could be an issue with the different state of the wall surfaces. The paint on the wall in your new place might not have been as clean, the paint itself might have some chemical component that weakens the adhesive power of the tape, there might be more moisture, or less moisture, more heat, less heat, many things could affect it. That would also explain why the other picture fell down as well.

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
Reaction score
By coincidence, I also heard a metallic bang earlier today in the kitchen. Went to look - nothing out of place.
Normally I can spot something amiss straight away.
Check the cupboards and your canned goods. I had that happen one time and discovered a tin of peaches I really should have either eaten or disposed of had decided to deform and explode, leaking fermented syrup everywhere. Random metallic bangs that have no immediate explanation need extra investigation as a rule.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Check the cupboards and your canned goods. I had that happen one time and discovered a tin of peaches I really should have either eaten or disposed of had decided to deform and explode, leaking fermented syrup everywhere. Random metallic bangs that have no immediate explanation need extra investigation as a rule.
Good call. I'll have a look.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Saw a picture on a car forum yesterday of the result of the sudden failure of a hydraulic suspension component on a car. The explosion had torn through the front wing - it looked exactly as though a large calibre round had blown through the panel from the inside. The garage couldn't even bend back the torn shreds of the hole to flatten it again. Exploding metal can do a lot of damage.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Last night we could hear a muffled tapping sound. It went on for 15 minutes or so. Didn't seem dangerous so we went to bed, and the house was still standing when we got up.

The noise was like when a big dog wags its tail against a sofa, like a soft irregular thump thump thump - thump thump - thump - thump thump thump

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Last night we could hear a muffled tapping sound. It went on for 15 minutes or so. Didn't seem dangerous so we went to bed, and the house was still standing when we got up.

The noise was like when a big dog wags its tail against a sofa, like a soft irregular thump thump thump - thump thump - thump - thump thump thump
People next door getting jiggy?