Popular Songs That They Couldn't Write Now

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Any song by steel panther so iffy songs do still writen they been going since 2000 will give the pc brigade/sjws an heart attack.

P.s glam metal sucks.
Anyone can write any song they like, there's plenty of "non-PC" music, checkout the tracklist for It Just Gets Worse by the immortal Anal Cunt:

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Just_Gets_Worse

There's always bigger boys when it comes to this sort of thing, anyone who isn't down with Anal Cunt is a SJW.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Clearly the verse shows that the woman is doing the enticing, and has led the man to believe she is older than she is, yet you automatically condemn the man.

One has to wonder why.
There is no woman there. There is a child.

How hard is this for you to grasp? Despite the clear explanation the lyric gives, you persist in seeing a child as a sexually manipulative, enticing and titillating woman.

One has to wonder why.

Frideswide

Staff member
Any song by steel panther so iffy songs do still writen they been going since 2000 will give the pc brigade/sjws an heart attack.
Do you think that everyone who has a problem with this is "pc brigade" and a "sjw"?

I'm not saying you do, I'm asking you.

edit to sort out the misbehaving quote!

INT21

Antediluvian
F.
Got to disagree

Read the lyrics.

With all the charms of a woman
You've kept the secret of your youth
You led me to believe you're old enough
To give me love
And now it hurts to know the truth

It's clear the man does not know the girl is a minor at first.

INT21.

Frideswide

Staff member
It is his responsibility to know. I guess the urge to rape a kid was just so strong her couldn't fight against it.

INT21

Antediluvian
Let me tell you a true story that illustrates the problem. I may have mentioned this before, apologies if I have.

Some years ago, at lunch break, myself and one of my work colleagues were walking down the yard from our laboratory towards the main gate. And stood there was a very pretty young woman, nicely made up with short skirt and long blonde hair.

My colleague said to me. 'You've got to agree, sometimes they are asking for it'.

I replied, 'before this conversation gets out of hand, she's 14 years old and she is one of my granddaughters'.

But he wasn't to know that. She looked about 19/20.

So it is not always so easy to tell age. And if asked, sometimes girls tell lies.

But that doesn't detract from your instinctive targeting of the man.

Moving on, as they say.

INT21.

Frideswide

Staff member

Moving on, as they say.
No, Let's not.

You are making an accusation which doesn't stand up. Furthermore you don't seem to notice that you don't have the evidence for it.

As an example of how adrift you are on the reality of this, you've got my sexuality wrong.

Edit to add: you very obviously need to believe in this "instinctive targeting of the man". Why?

Ogdred Weary

Sooner than expected.
Let me tell you a true story that illustrates the problem. I may have mentioned this before, apologies if I have.

Some years ago, at lunch break, myself and one of my work colleagues were walking down the yard from our laboratory towards the main gate. And stood there was a very pretty young woman, nicely made up with short skirt and long blonde hair.

My colleague said to me. 'You've got to agree, sometimes they are asking for it'.

I replied, 'before this conversation gets out of hand, she's 14 years old and she is one of my granddaughters'.

But he wasn't to know that. She looked about 19/20.

So it is not always so easy to tell age. And if asked, sometimes girls tell lies.

Moving on, as they say.

INT21.
What are they asking for?

We all know the girl in this situation isn't asking for anything bad because she is one of your granddaughters and none of your granddaughters would do anything like that because they are your granddaughter.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk

She wasn't asking for anything, granddaughter or not, she was dressed as a 14 year old girl has every right to dress. Sadly she was judged for it, as all women are, however they dress.

INT21

Antediluvian
Escargot,

You are quite correct about the dress of my granddaughter eliciting the remark from my collegue.

The point I was making is that it wasn't obvious that she was a minor.

INT21 said:

Moving on, as they say.

No, Let's not.

You are making an accusation which doesn't stand up. Furthermore you don't seem to notice that you don't have the evidence for it.

As an example of how adrift you are on the reality of this, you've got my sexuality wrong.

You wish to continue this ? good.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'accusation' in the content of the discussion. Please elucidate.

What I do find interesting is that, from the lyrics of the song, you have come to the conclusion that the singer wants to rape the girl. As rape is the act of having sexual intercourse without the others consent, I just can't see how you can come to this conclusion.

The way I see it is that there appears to have been an attempt by the girl to attract (seduce ?) the man by making herself appear older than she was.

He has found out that she is not as old as she appears to be.

And although he feels affection for her he is doing the right thing by sending her away.

Now tell me what is wrong with that analysis ?

By the way, I have no interest in your sexuality etc, only in the way you respond to posts.

INT21.

Again, still having trouble with the quote function. Sorry for the inconvenience.

INT21

Antediluvian
Ogred,

We all know the girl in this situation isn't asking for anything bad because she is one of your granddaughters and none of your granddaughters would do anything like that because they are your granddaughter.
Aha. It works. (the quote function).

Sadly, I am under no illusions as to what my children/grand children get up to.
I exchanged my Rose tinted glasses for a pair with lenses of crystal clarity a long time ago.

So the 'your little girl wouldn't do that' approach is wasted on me.

INT21 :)

INT21

Antediluvian
Yithian,

I would disagree.

In fact a mist does actually appear to be lifting a little.

But I do suspect that very shortly I will have to chop of my responses; going by past experience.

However, you will have noticed I did try.

INT21 ;)

INT21

Antediluvian
Zebra,

A problem.

I can only see the two lines of text.

My Firefox isn't showing the bit in between, and Avast Secure Browser tells me this site isn't secure and wont let me in.

So a few lines of explanation will help.

INT21.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Zebra,

A problem.

I can only see the two lines of text.

My Firefox isn't showing the bit in between, and Avast Secure Browser tells me this site isn't secure and wont let me in.

So a few lines of explanation will help.

INT21.

It's just a link to a Robin Gibb video on YouTube. Should be safe enough cos it's only YouTube (I have security locked down tight on my browser and it still lets me see those links). Do you normally have a problem seeing them on here? If so might be a question for the mods on the 'website issues' thread.

Anyway the video is called "How Old Are You".

EDIT: here are the lyrics. Which I don't have a problem with, but in these times, well... I guess some people will. Hence putting it on this thread. :)

Driving my car, we stop for awhile
It's getting so late and you're sending me wild
I know that it's madness but oh
I'm scared, oh so scared

Taking my hand, try to settle down
We won't say a word till it's over
And your eyes are so inviting
I know that if we stay
I'll never take you home

You said you were 17
But you are somewhere in between
That leads me on
How old are you, oh

Ran away to open arms
You're just a girl with women's charms
That turns me on
How old are you, oh

You've been busy lying
You've made it up to now
I'm caught up in the heat of the moment
If you love me and then leave me
It's the story of my life
And I won't be in the morning the man I am tonight

So, little girl, please try and understand
You mean more to me than a one-night stand
I'm losing all resistance, my head has lost control
It's wrong, oh so wrong

Deep in the night, shadows all around
Lost in the magic forever
And I know that when you touch me
My heart won't let me down
I'm scared, oh so scared

You said you were 17
That leads me on
How old are you, oh

Ran away to open arms
That turns me on.How old are you, oh

Fighting all temptation
I've made it up to now
I'm caught up in the heat of the moment
If you love me and then leave me
It's the story of my life
And I won't be in the morning the man I am tonight

You said you were 17
That leads me on
How old are you, oh

Ran away to open arms
That turns me on
How old are you, oh

INT21

Antediluvian
Thanks, I have a look at the link.

It's odd that ASB won't let me into this site as this site is an HTTPS, which should mean it is secure.

Firefox has always been a problem.

I really should go over to my linux system and use that for this forum.

INT21.

Schrodinger's Zebra

Waiting and watching and seeking a sign..
Should we hold a pol on the 'Young Girl' lyrics. ?

INT21.

A poll might be interesting, although I suspect I know which way it would go, as it were.

For what it's worth I just looked up wikipedia about this song (a song which I'd not even heard of before this protracted discussion), and it has this to say:

"Young Girl" is a RIAA million-selling Gold-certified single that was written, composed, and produced by Jerry Fuller and performed by Gary Puckett & The Union Gap with instrumental backing by members of "The Wrecking Crew."[2] It was released in 1968.
The song is sung from the point of view of a man who has become distressed upon finding out that the girl he is with, contrary to the first impression she had made upon him, is actually younger than the legal age of consent. He is asking her to leave before things go any further: "Get out of here / before I have the time / to change my mind / 'cause I'm afraid we'll go too far."
So that's at least three of us who don't see anything wrong with it! Doesn't look like it was ever banned or anything, either,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Girl_(song)

But as I said, everyone has their own opinion about song meanings and it would be a boring world if we all agreed with each other. Take a look at comments on YouTube on your favourite song and there are sure to be disagreements.

:)

INT21

Antediluvian
Pandacracker,

You are right, better not. It would probably result in a 50/50 split anyway.

I'll have to look up 'The turn of the Screw'. Doesn't ring any bells. Thanks for the heads up.

Zebra,

Never heard of it ! You have to be an Alien.

Later,

Just looked it up. And I see where you (pandacracker) are coming from.
But does The Turn of the Screw hint quite so blatently at inappropriate sexual attraction ? or is this Bush's adaption of the story.

INT21.

pandacracker

Ephemeral Spectre
But does The Turn of the Screw hint quite so blatently at inappropriate sexual attraction ? or is this Bush's adaption of the story.
It's a long time since I read the book but I think Bush has developed the themes in her own way.