• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Portal To Hell In Gary, Indiana

painy2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
MailOnline has obtained exclusive audio and video footage from the exorcisms of Latoya Ammons
She who was 'possessed' along with her three children after moving into home in Gary, Indiana, in 2011
Video shows police, utterly convinced case is real, being given a tour by Latoya's mother
She claims children were 'satanic chanting' and saw 'big, black monster'
Police audio also features a 'demon' rasping 'hey' in the basement
Sons were taken to hospital after one was inexplicably thrown in the house - while there a nurse and a CPS worker saw him 'glide' backwards up a wall
Town's veteran police chief, Charles Austin, says basement is 'portal to hell' and he saw objects moving and shadowy people
He even claims he was 'attacked' away from the house by spirits
MailOnline also has obtained picture of 'frozen' finger of DCS worker who touched mystery ooze that was dripping in house. She never returned
Catholic priest Father Michael Maginot carried out exorcisms on Ammons in English and Latin and talks of his personal battles with named demons

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2tTrhZONl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder if anyone has ever found a Portal to Hell in the loft rather than the basement?

Strictly speaking there is no up or down though Hell is always below and Heaven above...when in actual fact Hell is at the centre of our planet and Heaven surrounds it, religiously speaking.

Did religion create this state of affairs?

Latoya... Gary, Indiana... I was waiting for a Michael Jackson connection.

Little update regarding this property.

I've just found out it was bought by Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures who while filming in the property for the show brought in the girl who claimed she was possessed in 2012.

Bagans stopped filming during production to take the girl to a priest for exorcism.

More here from the Daily Fail. Published on Halloween.

Publicity?

Moooksta said:
Little update regarding this property.

I've just found out it was bought by Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures who while filming in the property for the show brought in the girl who claimed she was possessed in 2012.

Bagans stopped filming during production to take the girl to a priest for exorcism.

More here from the Daily Fail. Published on Halloween.

Publicity?

I saw the other day that Zak was involved. Instantly I thought the same as you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Dr wu could jump in here; it's in his backyard.

Heh there.....I watched the Gary ,IN Ghost Adventures episode but that's about all I know......never been near the house though I used to live in South Gary about 3-4 miles from there...but went to college a long time ago then moved to another area. This house wasn't 'haunted' until long after I moved to another town.

It's not just her house. That entire area is a portal to hell. All the refineries and power plants make it all nice and brimestoney.
Gary, Indiana is pretty damned. The police in the area actively tell you not to stop at roadblocks or traffic lights. Serial killers use the multiple empty houses as dumping grounds for their victims' bodies. Bandits operate freely. It is a rust belt nightmare. Frankly, perhaps they need a Satan-led economic recovery, as nobody else is taking any interest in investing in the area.

Gary, Indiana is pretty damned. The police in the area actively tell you not to stop at roadblocks or traffic lights. Serial killers use the multiple empty houses as dumping grounds for their victims' bodies. Bandits operate freely. It is a rust belt nightmare. Frankly, perhaps they need a Satan-led economic recovery, as nobody else is taking any interest in investing in the area.
It does seem to be pretty run-down. I just did a Google street view.

Gary, Indiana is pretty damned. The police in the area actively tell you not to stop at roadblocks or traffic lights.

I’d be interested to see a source for that. l can’t imagine any police force advising motorists not to stop at traffic lights; the lawsuits following the inevitable deaths and injuries would bankrupt them.

maximus otter

I’d be interested to see a source for that. l can’t imagine any police force advising motorists not to stop at traffic lights; the lawsuits following the inevitable deaths and injuries would bankrupt them. maximus otter
While a bit sensationalist, this Youtube video covers the info at about the 4mins 50 secs mark. LINK. While anecdotal, the testimony has been repeated independently in many places. Are they repeating the same falsehood, or are they original experiences? I think Gary has big problems, and the police know that you are more likely to be killed at traffic lights by car jackers than if you blow thru them.

While a bit sensationalist, this Youtube video covers the info at about the 4mins 50 secs mark. LINK. While anecdotal, the testimony has been repeated independently in many places. Are they repeating the same falsehood, or are they original experiences? I think Gary has big problems, and the police know that you are more likely to be killed at traffic lights by car jackers than if you blow thru them.
What's the presenter's accent? Sounds vaguely Irish, but then he's got /u:/ for /aʊ/, so "toon" rather than "town", "thoosands" rather than "thousands", etc.

While a bit sensationalist, this Youtube video covers the info at about the 4mins 50 secs mark. LINK. While anecdotal...

Thanks for taking the trouble to find that. l couldn’t watch it yesterday because l was in a cafe with a sputtering wifi connection.

l am, however, going to regard that story with deep suspicion for the reasons l gave a couple of posts above.

maximus otter

Thanks for taking the trouble to find that. l couldn’t watch it yesterday because l was in a cafe with a sputtering wifi connection. l am, however, going to regard that story with deep suspicion for the reasons l gave a couple of posts above. maximus otter
I totally understand your skepticism. To be fair, I have had friends in some places in the world where things have been lawless who had received similar advice from law enforcement. On a more personal note, I really resent the way rural USA and the smaller cities are being allowed to devolve into these lawless ghost towns. We are overdue for a new deal.

I totally understand your skepticism. To be fair, I have had friends in some places in the world where things have been lawless who had received similar advice from law enforcement. On a more personal note, I really resent the way rural USA and the smaller cities are being allowed to devolve into these lawless ghost towns. We are overdue for a new deal.
How does it happen in the first place? I understand it with Detroit - the biggest employer pulls out and there is nothing to fill the vacuum.

I’d be interested to see a source for that. l can’t imagine any police force advising motorists not to stop at traffic lights; the lawsuits following the inevitable deaths and injuries would bankrupt them.

maximus otter

The situation with driverless cars should become interesting.

Passenger sees a dodgy looking person by the traffic lights and they turn red.

'Go through, don't stop'

Sorry madam, the law must be obeyed.

Madam why is that man tearing off your clothes ? should I call for assistance ?

Madam ! Madam. Oh dear, the camera is fogged up. Ah well, the lights are green, off we go to the forest.

How does it happen in the first place? I understand it with Detroit - the biggest employer pulls out and there is nothing to fill the vacuum.
*nervous giggle* You'd think that was the end of the matter with Detroit, but no. No no no. Nope. Detroit is far sicker than you suggest. If the outsourcing of the auto industry was all that was wrong with Detroit, it would be booming again. Please don't think I am belittling you Mythopoeika, my tut-tut-ing is because Detroit is so "four-letter-worded" it is a bit staggering. I have been chatting with some Urban Planning academics, so allow me to fill you in a bit.

Much of the problem actually has to do with institutional racism in the USA, believe it or not. Detroit was always a place where a black worker could go to get a job that paid a white salary, but the whole Real Estate racism meant that black people needed to be segregated into black neighborhoods. You may well have heard of Five Mile and the fence from rap music. You'd think that the civil rights movement fixed all that, but it didn't; not even close. White flight meant that as the black community in central Detroit began to grow and shift into non-White areas, the white population sold up and left, leaving central Detroit full of car factories and black neighborhoods. Now the "cities" i.e. suburbs around Detroit are quite prosperous, but Detroit itself is bankrupt. As the black population grew, there were the first black mayors of Detroit, and as with what happened in New Orleans, the council became very corrupt indeed, and crime became a huge problem. It is unfortunate but true that there is some truth in the objections the racists claim, but part of the problem is that racism denies black people opportunity, and the other part is that black people sabotage themselves by turning to crime and preying on each other for easy money rather than organizing as a community and working hard (ultimately everyone is guilty and everyone is racist, only to different degrees, and nothing ever seems to improve, and it's all a bit heartbreaking).

A major part of the problem is that Detroit signed away the ability to expand its "tax revenue catchment" to include its suburbs. Thus, while the suburbs became separate municipalities, and grew in prosperity, Detroit didn't get any extra revenue from them, and legally cannot ever do so. Now as the municipal infrastructure suffered under corrupt administration, gradually the auto companies began to look elsewhere for cheaper labor and a better deal. You'd think that the auto companies that own the land would have wanted Detroit to keep going strong, but apparently they didn't care that much. As a result, much like in the Pruit-Igoe development, the poverty of the black community destroyed the revenue base, and caused the whole economy to contract down to bankruptcy.

Then there is the issue of "why not simply invest ? The land is cheap." Yeah. You can get a huge plot of empty land freshly bulldozed after a fire set by assholes who have stripped the local buildings for saleable fittings. The downside is that you will have to pay the back-rates, and that can run into millions of dollars, and the City of Detroit can't NOT let you pay those rates, as unpaid rates are about all they can claim as assets these days.

So in the interim, whole streets of Detroit have been walled off by the surrounding municipalities, Detroit has the same water problems as Flint, and they are struggling to feed themselves from vegetables farmed on polluted factory soil.

*nervous giggle* You'd think that was the end of the matter with Detroit, but no. No no no. Nope. Detroit is far sicker than you suggest. If the outsourcing of the auto industry was all that was wrong with Detroit, it would be booming again. Please don't think I am belittling you Mythopoeika, my tut-tut-ing is because Detroit is so "four-letter-worded" it is a bit staggering. I have been chatting with some Urban Planning academics, so allow me to fill you in a bit.

Much of the problem actually has to do with institutional racism in the USA, believe it or not. Detroit was always a place where a black worker could go to get a job that paid a white salary, but the whole Real Estate racism meant that black people needed to be segregated into black neighborhoods. You may well have heard of Five Mile and the fence from rap music. You'd think that the civil rights movement fixed all that, but it didn't; not even close. White flight meant that as the black community in central Detroit began to grow and shift into non-White areas, the white population sold up and left, leaving central Detroit full of car factories and black neighborhoods. Now the "cities" i.e. suburbs around Detroit are quite prosperous, but Detroit itself is bankrupt. As the black population grew, there were the first black mayors of Detroit, and as with what happened in New Orleans, the council became very corrupt indeed, and crime became a huge problem. It is unfortunate but true that there is some truth in the objections the racists claim, but part of the problem is that racism denies black people opportunity, and the other part is that black people sabotage themselves by turning to crime and preying on each other for easy money rather than organizing as a community and working hard (ultimately everyone is guilty and everyone is racist, only to different degrees, and nothing ever seems to improve, and it's all a bit heartbreaking).

A major part of the problem is that Detroit signed away the ability to expand its "tax revenue catchment" to include its suburbs. Thus, while the suburbs became separate municipalities, and grew in prosperity, Detroit didn't get any extra revenue from them, and legally cannot ever do so. Now as the municipal infrastructure suffered under corrupt administration, gradually the auto companies began to look elsewhere for cheaper labor and a better deal. You'd think that the auto companies that own the land would have wanted Detroit to keep going strong, but apparently they didn't care that much. As a result, much like in the Pruit-Igoe development, the poverty of the black community destroyed the revenue base, and caused the whole economy to contract down to bankruptcy.

Then there is the issue of "why not simply invest ? The land is cheap." Yeah. You can get a huge plot of empty land freshly bulldozed after a fire set by assholes who have stripped the local buildings for saleable fittings. The downside is that you will have to pay the back-rates, and that can run into millions of dollars, and the City of Detroit can't NOT let you pay those rates, as unpaid rates are about all they can claim as assets these days.

So in the interim, whole streets of Detroit have been walled off by the surrounding municipalities, Detroit has the same water problems as Flint, and they are struggling to feed themselves from vegetables farmed on polluted factory soil.
Wow. Ouch! Detroit is really up the creek, badly.
Didn't realise how bad it was.

Wow. Ouch! Detroit is really up the creek, badly.
Didn't realise how bad it was.

I can attest to the mess AlchoPwn describes - in part from personal experience. Detroit's long process of implosion was underway when I lived in Michigan over 45 years ago. The "White Flight" from the central city area to the suburbs was already in full swing back then.

There are parallels between the Detroit and Gary storylines. In both cases, the seeds were sown back in the early 20th century, when people from the non-industrial South moved north for factory jobs in the industrialized Midwest (what's now called the Rust Belt). This economic migration was particularly heavy among African Americans, who had the additional motivation of escaping the South's longstanding and endemic racist elements and constraints.*

Detroit was the nascent center of the American auto industry, and the burgeoning auto companies largely operated in the central city area. Chicago was the other Midwestern migration target, but its industrial sprawl was more often located in the suburbs and outlying satellite towns. Gary was among the largest such satellites - miles away and across the state line in neighboring Indiana.

As Detroit decayed its central industrial base remained in place, affording the city leverage in attempting to keep thing afloat. Additionally, the sprawling metro area provided alternative employment opportunities for people left stranded as the auto manufacturing jobs dried up. The situation was worse in the more relatively isolated Gary. Industries simply left town entirely.

*NOTE: In the early 1970s I was absolutely shocked to encounter open, virulent, and even outright menacing racism among blue collar workers and families in the Detroit area - most of which equalled or exceeded the most intense hate-levels I'd ever encountered in the South.

NOTE: In the early 1970s I was absolutely shocked to encounter open, virulent, and even outright menacing racism among blue collar workers and families in the Detroit area - most of which equalled or exceeded the most intense hate-levels I'd ever encountered in the South.
This has been noted in a number of sociological sources too. While the black/white divide in the South was endemic and toxic, there were established ground rules that everyone understood, and while it was hugely unfair and unequal, even in the South the notion of black/white friendship wasn't impossible provided the rules were followed and white arrogance was placated. In the north, the immigrant communities hated the blacks with a virulence seldom seen in the South, because the aim was to literally make the blacks so scared to stay there, that they'd leave. I remember reading an article by Kurt Vonnegut who grew up in Indianapolis, where he describes how during his childhood a mob used a barbed wire fence to saw a black man in half for the crime of coming into the area looking for a job. It should also be put on the record that it was Northern racism that made Jim Crow possible. Had northern representatives opposed segregation when it was first suggested, it would never have been possible. The speed with which the north rushed to abandon the blacks and seek reconciliation with the white south makes you wonder how exactly a war to free the slaves was ever popular enough to be fought in the first place. Its an atrocious part of US history, and not one that I as a northerner feel even remotely comfortable with.

Regarding Gary IN....I grew up there....in south Glen Park area in the 50's to the 70's. Had a great childhood and it was a great place to live.
It's heartbreaking how things have changed over the years.

Regarding Gary IN....I grew up there....in Glen Park area in the 50's to the 70's. Had a great childhood and it was a great place to live.It's heartbreaking how things have changed over the years.
I understand and sympathize dr wu. If this happened to my old neighborhood I would be pretty devastated too. I am angry that it has happened at all, and that the system has allowed it to happen without the decline being redressed at a political level. I know a lot of other people are angry about it too.

I brought my old house up on Google search and the windows are boarded up and the yard and bushes are all unkempt.

I still dream about the old days when we rode bikes, played baseball, and went to the local sweet shop, etc...there was also a sand dune near our house where we would climb up and down and jump over the edge for fun. A lot of fond memories.

Yes it is....we had a really good time as kids in our neighborhood. Several ball fields, the high school and middle school for various things, a local sweet shop, several grassy fields where we played hide and seek and found insects for our school collections we had to do, and plenty of hills to sled down in the winter. Many a summer night we would stay out late and play hide and seek....or sleep in a small tent in the backyard for fun.
I'm lucky to have had such fond memories of the old days.

Back