• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Portal to the "Other Side"? (Giessbach Hotel, Switzerland)

JudgeNutmeg

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
whilst recently being shown around the giessbach hotel on lake brienz in switzerland,whilst discussing ghosts etc in the old hotel,the local taxi driver said that there was rumoured to be a portal "to other side" in room 338. could people possibly do some web searches on this for me as i can,t afford much internet access in switzerland(great country but expensive to surf!)

i will be meeting up with the taxi driver soon to get his full details on this story.If anyone could come up with anything would be much obliged

thanks, JN

Sorry, Judge Nutmeg...no luck here. I checked about 6 search engines with various combinations of the words "lake brienz", "room 338", "portal", "legend", "myth", "haunted" and "urban legend". All I get are tourism sites or nothing.

Anyone else have any better luck? I'd be interested to hear what that taxi driver had to say...

Mind you, taxi drivers are notorious for their spinning of tall-ish tales...so, a better way of getting to the bottom of the story is for some brave soul to check out Room 338...

Thanks for spending the time fayyad,appreciate it.will be seeing said fellow shortly so will try to get some info.it looks like a few of us might be booking room 338 for a night to see what happens.
The hotel is not far from Reichenbach falls in Meiringen where arthur conan doyle had sherlock holmes fall to his death(only to survive). i think many writers and poets stayed at this hotel as it was a popular retreat many years ago.

The ghost of the man who designed it is said to roam the building also

cheers again for looking

jn

I had a good look too but couldn't find anything..

Do report back if you do decide to stay in said room (& don't get sucked into another dimension or something :))

Back