• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

I've just woken from a dream where I was in an episode of Coronation Street. I have never watched Coronation Street and my only real knowledge of its contents is that it appears to be on ALL AFTERNOON on ITV3, alternating briefly with antedeluvian Emmerdale.

Anyway the dream was a mass of confusions. I was staying with a man who had three small children who'd all come down with Noro. They were sitting around a scruffy living room and vomiting on the furniture, then just carrying on playing. One was a small boy with curly blond hair. I told the man that he should really put them to bed with a bucket, but he wasn't interested, so I went to have a shower. To do this I had to go next door, where three girls lived in similar squalour. I had to get undressed in the living room and go through to the bathroom, but I was constantly being interrupted. I told the girls I was expecting a caller, and to tell him I'd be with him soon but they carried on talking and ignored me. Then I was driving with one of them in a small car in which the brakes were dodgy. She stopped and got out, I drove off down a steep hill and she caught up with me when I reached the bottom, whereupon I tried to kill her by stuffing a shoe down her throat.

I think, going on the snippets I've seen of Coronation Street, that it has potential as an episode.

In some kind of theme park with a group of kids, maybe 10-11 years old - so this is probably drawing on my former life in teaching. Rather than a rollercoaster ride, we were in something similar to an escape room mocked up to look a bit like the inside of a tomb or temple, with a rocking boat in the middle of the floor. I explained to the group that they had to try and imagine the game that the ancients played in this space; I think I referenced the Mayans at this point. They were all quite happily throwing balls around whilst I was talking.

There was also a young baby that I was supposed to be looking after - blonde and chubby, like Son No 2 was - and I suddenly realised, in horror, that he had a mouthful of grapes and was in danger of choking, so I started fishing them out of his mouth. Man, that baby had a big mouth! So many grapes. And then the radio came on and I woke up...

Awoke in a cold sweat from a complicated dream about traffic management.- it was my job to explain to people why they could only drive certain vehicles on certain day- Monday was RED Cars, Tuesday Yellow and Green etc. Puce cars could be driven any day.

everybody blamed me for this farce and there was a riot by people who had the wrong coloured cars.

Puce! Ugh! Of course they would have the right to travel at any time. :p

i love this thread. It is so reassuring that the inner night life of others is as bizzare/banal/baffling as my own.
Same'ere! :chuckle:

Also, some people's dreams are so obviously about their own lives, but they can't see it. Even if I know nothing about someone I think 'Well yup, they had a bad knee last week and now they're dreaming about rusty hinges, plain as the nose on yer face!' :wink2:

Sometimes it all makes sense when you see it written down- I realise that my dream time obsession with trying to explain nonsense to grumpy people is probably down to 25+ years in the civil service................

I am never going to escape.

Back