• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

before few days i saw in my dream that i have bought land on moon....but i want it would in real...lol

I don't understand that at all.

Mind you, it makes as much sense as some of my own dreams...

The syntax is from another language (a more Germanic one than English, I presume) but the sense seems clear enough.

"A few days ago, I dreamed that I had bought land on the moon. I wish that had really happened! LOL."

You could build a beach house, but don't put it too close to Jimmy Buffet's. I hear he gives loud parties.

http://www.cobo.org/knowledge/glc/song.bhotm.html

PeniG said:
The syntax is from another language (a more Germanic one than English, I presume) but the sense seems clear enough.

"A few days ago, I dreamed that I had bought land on the moon. I wish that had really happened! LOL."
You're right, of course, Peni. I'm just getting tired, and I couldn't unravel the sense of the second part. Thanks!

I've been having some really odd dreams recently. Well, nothing that odd, I suppose, compared to some, but I seem to spend a lot of time following or chasing people around a town (English, I'm fairly sure) with a lot of Georgian buildings and green spaces. The dreams aren't at all scary, just slightly puzzling, and I always wake up before any kind of resolution.

Last night, I have a feeling that I was chasing a dog, although it may have turned into a person at one point. I got lost, but was finding my way back onto the right track when the dream petered out. The road network was vaguely south Birmingham-ish (Edgbaston or Harborne, maybe, although I've only a passing acquaintance with the latter), but the architecture was more like Bristol or Harrogate.

Sorry if that seems like gibberish - especially if, as is likely, you're not au fait with any of the places mentioned!

I sometimes get the dreams where you never fully resolve a situation. This type normally happens when sleep is short with alot of wake ups inbetween.

Last night i had this theme and i think it was due to the hot Uk weather.

I was in a work like situation but with people not in my normal waking life. I had to simply move towards a room and deal with a work snag. But everytime i tried to head there I was caught up in staff related issues,

I woke many times due to the humidity and found that drifting back into sleep played the scene again - although slighty altered. The last i recall was having to drive away from the office in order to get something to solve the issue. This "issue" in that room had become more and more comical in shape and form by normal standards but in the dream i still carried a need to resolve it with serious intention.

When i woke up in the morning i sensed a failure in achieving the need of this dream - what ever it was.

thanx peniG for correcting my sentence.i again thank u to explain it.

_Lizard23_ said:
Spudrick68 said:
A final weird thing that I will try to put into words is this. I seem to be able to visit the same location of a dream that I may have had several weeks, or even years ago. I seem to recognise the landscape, houses etc... even though ficticious. I do not know whether my brain is remembering the same emotion which creates the same imagery, or if it is the same location. It seems strange that I should revisit a ficticious location in a dream state that I have visited previously, adn remember it too.
I get this a lot too. Coincidentally discussing dreams with a couple of friends a few weeks ago, they reported the same thing, so I think it must be quite common.

It's touched on here :)

I get that too. I also sometimes in dreams remember previous dreams - either as dreams, or as memories (i.e., in my dream-world, the previous dream is part of my past, not a dream).

Last week for whatever reason was Weird Dream Week for me. I have no idea why!

I don't think I can remember many of the dreams anymore, but the one that started it off was a dream that I had won an opportunity to meet with the President one-on-one (specifically, I would be given 45 minutes of the President's time), so I got in a car I used to own (but no longer do) and drove all the way across the country, only stopping for gas once. I ended up having to wait in a waiting room/office directly off a parking lot (which the White House doesn't have IRL) all day, until finally I was told I'd have to try again the next day for my appointment. As I started to wake up I was worrying about how I'd find a hotel room last-minute (something I'm sure isn't that hard to do in DC) and how I'd pay for it, being a grad student with no money and all.

If I remember any of the others and they seem funny or interesting enough to share, I'll post them here. They seemed to be the sort that you remember all day and laugh at, but then since I was having odd dreams all week, I guess I forgot them once the next night's sleep replaced them with another. I just remember the first dream because I told someone about it.

gncxx said:
I had a dream last night that I had performed in a Chekov play which had received the worst reviews for any performance of his plays of all time, but for some reason they had been kinder to me because I smoked a pipe in it which made the audience laugh. I'm not an actor and I don't smoke a pipe, nor do I know much about Chekov plays (he's not usually a laugh riot, is he?).

I hope I didn't already share this on this thread.

I dreamed a couple months ago (I think) that - well, IRL I work on top of a hill, and in the dream, the street going up the hill had been closed and transformed into a stage (where, strangely, the audience were all looking uphill at the action). It was supposed to be some famous play, with the status of Shakespeare, but I don't know what it was. I was, of course, in the starring role; but just before I went out, I discovered I hadn't learned any of my lines, and there was an impassioned speech I was supposed to make, that, like Hamlet's soliloquy or something, the audience would know if I messed it up. The other actors told me, "Don't worry, just ad-lib and we'll take care of you." But then I realized the play was in French and while I can read French, I can't speak it, much less ad-lib. So I wrote out the speech on my arm. Then I discovered that my costume covered up the spot I'd written it on.

Anxiety dream of some sort, I'm sure, but I never figured out what I was anxious about IRL. It was around the end of the semester, but nothing terribly scary was going on, just the usual papers.

hi decipheringscars. i don't know that u had shared it with us or not but it is new for me but it is interesting what u dreamed.

decipheringscars said:
It was around the end of the semester, but nothing terribly scary was going on, just the usual papers.

That would be scarey enough for me!

i have a question... may any dream be true in future what we dreamed.i heard by many person that the incidents have become true what they dreamed.

decipheringscars said:
_Lizard23_ said:
Spudrick68 said:
A final weird thing that I will try to put into words is this. I seem to be able to visit the same location of a dream that I may have had several weeks, or even years ago. I seem to recognise the landscape, houses etc... even though ficticious. I do not know whether my brain is remembering the same emotion which creates the same imagery, or if it is the same location. It seems strange that I should revisit a ficticious location in a dream state that I have visited previously, adn remember it too.
I get this a lot too. Coincidentally discussing dreams with a couple of friends a few weeks ago, they reported the same thing, so I think it must be quite common.

It's touched on here :)

I also sometimes in dreams remember previous dreams - either as dreams, or as memories (i.e., in my dream-world, the previous dream is part of my past, not a dream).

I get it too, so it's certainly common in here! I keep on meaning to do some maps/plans/sketches of some of the places and houses.
Do other people find that the places change slightly over time as they would in real life? I found a factory had been built in one of my favourite fields once; I haven't been back since, though I'd like to.

I was reminded of a thought that I have sometimes had by watching an episode of The X Files recently. A bloke in it made a thoght of his become a physical reality. I sometimes have a crazy thought that perhaps there is another dimension in which all of anyone's dreams actually are a reality.
I know it makes no sense and it would be a pretty strange place.

Spookily, I heard on t'news just now that there's a new fillum out, about a criminal who takes ideas about possible crimes from other people's dreams, or summat. Sounds intriguing. :D

Or else I dreamed it. :lol:

Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, it's about a chap who infiltrates people's dreams to steals secrets, and is hired for one last job to plant something in someone's mind.

If you want nerdiness there's also a 1984 film called Dreamscape, about someone with the psychic ability to enter people's dreams.... ;)

Bet that's good. I love fillums about dreams. :D

Timble2 said:
If you want nerdiness there's also a 1984 film called Dreamscape, about someone with the psychic ability to enter people's dreams.... ;)

Indeed, when I saw the trailer I thought Dennis Quaid, Dreamscape, brilliant film with a healthy 80's chunk of nuclear paranoia.

Dreamscape, class film and the snake man bad guy scared the shit out of me back then. I'd love to see that again.

feen5 said:
Dreamscape, class film and the snake man bad guy scared the shit out of me back then. I'd love to see that again.

That actor David Patrick Kelly always gave me the creeps, he was also the villain in The Warriors.

escargot1 said:
Spookily, I heard on t'news just now that there's a new fillum out, about a criminal who takes ideas about possible crimes from other people's dreams, or summat. Sounds intriguing. :D

Or else I dreamed it. :lol:

yeah in this world some people have extra ordinary sense.it is divine.

i remember one TV shown not exactly name.In that serial a girl who had extra ordinary sense who could see about the girl in the city who to be killed by serial killer in every night.it was really interesting and thriller.

donald1 said:
i remember one TV shown not exactly name.In that serial a girl who had extra ordinary sense who could see about the girl in the city who to be killed by serial killer in every night.it was really interesting and thriller.

That sounds a bit like The Eyes of Laura Mars (1978)

I watched some Hong Kong horror called The Eye the other day that was sort of basically The Sixth Sense crossed with Dead Zone, but about transplanted eyes.

The night before last I dreamed about a very significant person in my life who was in hospital with a ragged vertical cut about 3 inches long on each shin and I was comforting them while it was being stitched. I can't help feeling it is symbolic ... but of what I cannot think.

I had a very vivid/lucid dream a few short years ago. I was on a bus sat with a good friend having a very normal chat as we went along. Then I suddenly realised that this could not be happening as my friend had died recently in reality a few months earlier in a car crash.

I was astounded as everything seemed so real and I started to prod his arm while asking him how this can be as "you are dead aren't you?". At this he turned to look me in the face and his face was expressionless but he had no eyes, instead there was a glow of light or fire emanating from the sockets. Then I woke up.

When my friend was alive he was adamant that there is no such thing as life after death whereas I believe otherwise. Although I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong. I have read many stories of NDE's and so have read of the experiences where they see beings of light and light emanating from beings eyes etc. So all this would explain why I should have such a "dream". However, It was so real that I can't help thinking that there may be a possibility that he really did come to me in the dream plane to let me know that I was right.

I know. Stupid aren't I?

Back