• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Post Your Puzzling Dreams Here

I haven't remembered so many dreams lately, being back full-time at work and thus completely knackered - but two nights ago I was dreaming that I was staying with my in-laws without husband or kids, and they were busy on the Internet selling off clothes that they had brought back from New York several years previously. I've never been solo at the in-laws like that, and they've never been to New York.

Then last night I was dreaming about staying in a hotel by the beach on an island with a bunch of female friends - again, no husband, no kids - and I was sitting in a sandy cove, occasionally going into the water when it got too hot. I really dislike sea swimming, I want to be able to see the bottom! Then there was a cruise ship being towed into the bay, which suddenly burst into flames, and it started raining hard, so I had to run up the beach to hide my mobile phone under towels to keep it dry. Go figure...

I haven't remembered so many dreams lately, being back full-time at work and thus completely knackered - but two nights ago I was dreaming that I was staying with my in-laws without husband or kids, and they were busy on the Internet selling off clothes that they had brought back from New York several years previously. I've never been solo at the in-laws like that, and they've never been to New York.

Then last night I was dreaming about staying in a hotel by the beach on an island with a bunch of female friends - again, no husband, no kids - and I was sitting in a sandy cove, occasionally going into the water when it got too hot. I really dislike sea swimming, I want to be able to see the bottom! Then there was a cruise ship being towed into the bay, which suddenly burst into flames, and it started raining hard, so I had to run up the beach to hide my mobile phone under towels to keep it dry. Go figure...
You need a holiday :)

I have a semi-recurring dream that I am vomiting bits of plastic. Last night I dreamt I vomiting some Lego figures, who in turn then vomited an earthworm.
Any ideas?

I have a semi-recurring dream that I am vomiting bits of plastic. Last night I dreamt I vomiting some Lego figures, who in turn then vomited an earthworm.
Any ideas?
Anxiety over plastic pollution? A need to restore the earth (via earth worms)?

Any ideas?
This is one of those dream symbols that seem blindingly obvious to everyone but the dreamer.

Here's what I think -

It's about worry over the environment.
Plastic is everywhere, even inside our bodies. We can't digest it.
The worm represents the Earth trying to deal with plastic pollution. It's not doing brilliantly.

My strange dream recently involved my wife and myself going for a meal somewhere abroad. The restaurant was called The Red Pepper and was a vegan place. But before we got to eat we were introduced to the three female owners who were extremely tall. The we had to sit in a circle and introduce ourselves to the other guests. We were advised that it was the place to eat because Michael Persinger eat there!

This morning's dream, unusual in itself in that I remember it: most of my dreams fade as soon as I awaken.

There has been some business about lifts in a university building, then, suddenly: EXT, night-time. It's a very dark night, no moonlight. I'm near a picnic bench, no-one else around. I notice a silvery cloud, as though a vaper has just exhaled. It is long, and wide, but not very thick - a couple of inches, at most. The "vape particles", for want of a better description, are long and needle-like. It passes close to me, moving with apparent purpose.

Next thing I know, there is a patch of bright white light on the ground, similar proportions to the silver cloud - it has transformed. There is no obvious source for the patch of light, and no beam visible in the air. I am fascinated by it.

Then I am being lifted into the air, caught in the patch of light. It is lifting me higher than the trees, and suddenly I understand: I am being abducted by aliens. I am not enthused at this prospect, to put it mildly.

Alas - from one point of view - it ends there, because my other half picked up on my distress and woke me up. I love her for this (there are many other reasons, too!) and at the same time part of me is curious as to what would have happened next.

Any offers?

This morning's dream, unusual in itself in that I remember it: most of my dreams fade as soon as I awaken.

There has been some business about lifts in a university building, then, suddenly: EXT, night-time. It's a very dark night, no moonlight. I'm near a picnic bench, no-one else around. I notice a silvery cloud, as though a vaper has just exhaled. It is long, and wide, but not very thick - a couple of inches, at most. The "vape particles", for want of a better description, are long and needle-like. It passes close to me, moving with apparent purpose.

Next thing I know, there is a patch of bright white light on the ground, similar proportions to the silver cloud - it has transformed. There is no obvious source for the patch of light, and no beam visible in the air. I am fascinated by it.

Then I am being lifted into the air, caught in the patch of light. It is lifting me higher than the trees, and suddenly I understand: I am being abducted by aliens. I am not enthused at this prospect, to put it mildly.

Alas - from one point of view - it ends there, because my other half picked up on my distress and woke me up. I love her for this (there are many other reasons, too!) and at the same time part of me is curious as to what would have happened next.

Any offers?
Spending too much time reading alien abduction reports?

There has been some business about lifts in a university building, t

Coincidence! There is some ongoing business about the lift in our University building - basically they're saying ti'll be out of action for 12 weeks in the near future. 'Cos I'm really looking forward to manhandling clinical waste down 2 sets of stairs to use the dumb waiter!

Any offers?
I am quietly confident that your missus saved you from an anal probing.

Coincidence! There is some ongoing business about the lift in our University building - basically they're saying ti'll be out of action for 12 weeks in the near future. 'Cos I'm really looking forward to manhandling clinical waste down 2 sets of stairs to use the dumb waiter!
Can you not use the service lift, there is always a service lift :p

Not in our building! The only other lift in there is the dumb waiter, and it doesn't even go all the way tot the top of the block...

Any offers?
K - Wait for tonight. Maybe your dream will resume - and with a bonus of happy ending.

How about this...?? One of my earliest memories was a bizarre dream I had as a toddler.... Maybe 5 years old. I was sitting on a roof, straddling it on either side. The roof and the entire surrounding area were black and white drawing, what I can only describe as like those jacobean illustrations, but in contrast, I was fully technicolour as in real life. Soon drawings of children came to look at me and talk to me and we both seemed fascinated by each other. They were illustration like too and I stood out as a technicolour 1970s dressed chap who must have spoken funny to them. Eventually I remember saying I had to go now and I swung my leg over and slid off the roof and woke up. It felt very real, vivid, and has haunted me ever since.

Any offers?
Dredging this one up just to say it sounds like you where about to have what is, for me, a classic Sleep Paralysis episode.

Sudden shift in dream-scape - check
Weird lights - check
Rising up in to the sky - check
Sudden fear - check
Visibly disturbed from PoV of sleeping partner - check

Pretty much how it unfolds for me, too! My partner will do the same, if she's awake to observe.

I'm standing in my childhood bedroom, when i go into the cubbyhole, there is an old air vent, I remove the cover and behind it there is a scene (like a dolls house), the sides of the air-vent are covered in Victorian looking wallpaper, there are little stairs and small dolls in there, with painted jagged teeth, there is blood on the staris and on the floor (looks like a doll reenacting a murder scene). I walk away from the Cubbyhole and into the bathroom, where there is a person with no head, stirring what looks like wallpaper paste in the toilet bowl. 2 (or 3) nazis then come in, that appear to have no face (just helmets and white glowing eyes, start shooting at me, I climb through the bathroom window and run out of my garden, and into the field with tall grass, it is here that the dream ends with me falling down a well and into the jaws of a giant subterranean cat. Now can some one tell me what that was all about?

I'm standing in my childhood bedroom, when i go into the cubbyhole, there is an old air vent, I remove the cover and behind it there is a scene (like a dolls house), the sides of the air-vent are covered in Victorian looking wallpaper, there are little stairs and small dolls in there, with painted jagged teeth, there is blood on the staris and on the floor (looks like a doll reenacting a murder scene). I walk away from the Cubbyhole and into the bathroom, where there is a person with no head, stirring what looks like wallpaper paste in the toilet bowl. 2 (or 3) nazis then come in, that appear to have no face (just helmets and white glowing eyes, start shooting at me, I climb through the bathroom window and run out of my garden, and into the field with tall grass, it is here that the dream ends with me falling down a well and into the jaws of a giant subterranean cat. Now can some one tell me what that was all about?
Lay off the cheese at night :p

Reactions: Ger
I had this one last month when I was on holiday.

I am in the hotel room when I see a crab scuttling about. I am wondering what to do about it, when it dons wig and tuxedo and gets out a violin and stars playing it.

... I am in the hotel room when I see a crab scuttling about. I am wondering what to do about it, when it dons wig and tuxedo and gets out a violin and stars playing it.
Like this?
FiddlerCabTux.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nintendoart/fiddler-crab

I'm standing in my childhood bedroom, when i go into the cubbyhole, there is an old air vent, I remove the cover and behind it there is a scene (like a dolls house) ... (etc.) ... the dream ends with me falling down a well and into the jaws of a giant subterranean cat. Now can some one tell me what that was all about?
That's a remarkable amount of free-form context shifting within a single dream sequence.

Very similar, but it also had a wig on.
OK, then ... More like this ...

NOTE:
(1) If you follow the link you'll find you can obtain this be-wigged fiddlin' crab on a variety of merchandise.
(2) I'm not affiliated with the vendor. I just thought it'd be cool to have something illustrating a dream you'd had. It could be an interesting conversation starter.

My dreams have started to become self-referential. Quite a few times in the last 5 years or so, I've dreamed I'm travelling round a sort of not-version of my home town, with extra roads, extra shops, and different places where I live, and these have been more-or-less consistent over the different dreams.

Last night I dreamt I was riding a bus round town with my mum; some of these "dream places" appeared in passing again, then I pointed out to her some building a few miles away on a hill overlooking the town, and told her about I'd walked all the way there for a party once, who I was with and whose party it was.
When I woke up, I realised that there are no such buildings visible from town, and the party night I'd described in my dream had happened in another dream.

It's like my subconscious is trying to write its own continuity.

Back