• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Precognitive Dreams

For me, for years, it was being under the shower. Entire SQL routines revealed themselves in front of my mind's eye under the shower. Problem solving, including inspiration to write, used to come to me this way.

I understand how this can happen and Yithian's input was helpful too understand it even better.

Just a safety reminder chiicora, it is dangerous to shower were you code...you might be electrocuted.

[Note: I’ve recently posted this on another forum under the same user name.]

The premonition I’m sharing below happened in 1996. It is very rare that I dream about myself in third person but I recall with certainly that this was one of those rare instances. This dream was actually a premonition but I would not recognize that until 24 hours later.

In my “dream” I saw myself standing next to my bed. I interpreted from the color, intensity, and angle of the natural light coming into the bedroom that it was morning - guessing about 7AM or so. I was holding a California lottery ticket in my hand and I was talking through the winning numbers. [Because I can’t recall the actual numbers now 20 years later I’m just going to refer to them in this way...] “First winning number, second winning number, third winning number, fourth...what...”. Just then I woke up! But, I was still repeating those numbers even now that I was awake - “First winning number, second winning number, third winning number, fourth...what...! DOH! I can’t recall the fourth number! And, I can’t recall the fifth and sixth numbers either!” I quickly started over cycling through the numbers again in sequence and DOH still can’t recall more than the first three numbers. It is then that I recognize I woke up from my dream-state at the exact moment I was about to “announce” the fourth number. I was so actually pissed at myself...er...because I could not remember lottery numbers from a dream. For realz?

I didn’t think anything more about the dream and went about my daily Saturday routines. At some point in the day. I found myself in the local liquor store. So I did what I did on some regular frequency, I bought a quick pick lottery ticket for the lottery draw happening that same night. For anyone not familiar with tossing cash into the lottery money pit, a “quick pick” is the lazy choice that allows the computer to randomly select six numbers for you instead of investing your own ego into making your own six choices.

I went about my remaining Saturday evening routines and ultimately slipped into bed.

I got up on Sunday morning and turned on the TV to watch the local news broadcast. During that program the winning lottery numbers drawn the prior night were announced. Recalling that I dropped my lottery ticket on my night stand, I walked back to my bedroom, picked up the ticket, stood next to my bed, in the 7AM morning light, and started comparing the numbers on my ticket against those announced on the news just moments earlier. “First winning number (check I have it), second winning number (yeppers got that on my ticket too), third winning number (yyyyeeessss got it), fourth winning number (I’ve got that one too), fifth and six winning numbers (Not!!!!). Darn it. Well I’ve got four numbers which is worth $75.”

“Wait! My dream from yesterday morning! I had a ticket with three winning numbers! But I recall those numbers were, ‘...first winning number, second winning number, third winning, fourth winning number, ...’. Waaaaiiiitt, I couldn’t recall the fourth number yesterday morning but now I can.”

I looked at my ticket again. The first four numbers on my quick pick ticket purchased mid-day the prior day contained the same first three numbers plus the fourth winning number that were also in my (now clearly prophetic) dream from 24 hours ago. And, At that moment I was once again recognizing the exact same pissed off feeling because now though I could remember the fourth number, I couldn’t recall the fifth and sixth numbers from my dream.

Hello premonition.

The one thing I personally find most interesting about this occurrence is that though I had a dream about a potential winning lottery ticket - and I could clearly recall the first three winning numbers - I did not elect to pick my own numbers on the lottery ticket I purchased on Saturday afternoon. I elected for a computer-generated quick pick instead. And, I still won $75...with the same four numbers!

That is fascinating. To dream of numbers that you then proceed to pick and become a winner from, would be interesting enough; but what sort of connection must have existed between your conciousness in your dream-state and a random selection of numbers from a lottery computer? The mind boggles. And I'm sure that four matching numbers goes far beyond mere coincidence.

I'm also noticing a correlation between your reactions in real life compared to in the dream version in terms of your frustration at not knowing what the fourth number was (in the dream) and then not knowing what the fifth and sixth numbers were (in real life). Not dissimilar, in some ways, to that little anecdote I posted above regarding the woman and her boyfriend's motorcycle accident. Dreaming not just the event, but the emotions and situation surrounding it.

Including where you were standing, time of day, etc. Amazing.

Am I correct in thinking that the liquor store you purchased the ticket from was the usual place that you would buy it? And that you often used the quick-pick selection? (I'm wondering if there could be some sort of 'connection' between your consciousness, and a computer that you've used several times, if indeed you have).

That is fascinating. To dream of numbers that you then proceed to pick and become a winner from, would be interesting enough; but what sort of connection must have existed between your conciousness in your dream-state and a random selection of numbers from a lottery computer? The mind boggles. And I'm sure that four matching numbers goes far beyond mere coincidence.

I'm also noticing a correlation between your reactions in real life compared to in the dream version in terms of your frustration at not knowing what the fourth number was (in the dream) and then not knowing what the fifth and sixth numbers were (in real life). Not dissimilar, in some ways, to that little anecdote I posted above regarding the woman and her boyfriend's motorcycle accident. Dreaming not just the event, but the emotions and situation surrounding it.

Including where you were standing, time of day, etc. Amazing.

Am I correct in thinking that the liquor store you purchased the ticket from was the usual place that you would buy it? And that you often used the quick-pick selection? (I'm wondering if there could be some sort of 'connection' between your consciousness, and a computer that you've used several times, if indeed you have).

Whooo there Z,

I think you overthought the event a little - which I’m certain took some serious analytical skills. Though I don’t know how this psychic stuff works, I think it’s probably simpler than all of the separate points you shared. I think I just saw about 5 to 15 seconds of the future...nothing more parsed than that. I think the event was more gross or more holistic than you’ve described.

I’ve been experiencing a combination of telepathy, empathy, and premonitions since I was 16. I can’t recall exact which one came first - it certainly was not premonitions. But by the time I was 18 I was experiencing all three on some regular frequency.

Thank you sincerely for investing in reading my post and your response posting too. To the specific questions you ask, yes it was the most common liquor store I’d frequented. And yep, it was (and still is statistically) true that I typically elected for a quick pick instead of selecting my own numbers.

I've been having premonitions for years, more recently I had a strange brief dream about Cilla Black wearing what I thought was her underwear in a garden, two days later she had died beside a swimming pool at her place in Spain wearing a bikini! Another one was quite vague about gunmen going on a shooting spree rampage, a week later tourists are killed by a gunman in Tunisia, the thing is I said vague as I have actually been to the tourist destination where the shooting occurred, the gunman was Arab looking, but the location didn't look right, some dreams seem to be greyed out, and the sky is black. I do believe there is something to them as about 10 years ago I had a strange dream about myself, which came true within a month, I can't say too much about it because it was personal, but it taught me to think more about what I have dreamt and maybe change something in your life. The other really weird one was a waking premonition, back in 1987 I was driving south on the A1(M), I was listening to Chiltern Radio and being rush hour they used to have 2020 traffic news every 20 minutes. I was on the unlit section between Stevenage and Welwyn. A travel report came on the air and they mentioned at the end "If you are expecting anyone home who is travelling via Kings Cross then expect them to be delayed as there is a fire at the station". I was only going as far as Welwyn Garden City and when I arrived for my meeting, I mentioned that if anyone was coming up from London then they would probably be delayed. I arrived home just after 10 pm and the News was on, there were lots of scenes of Fire Engines at a major fire. I asked where it was and when Kings Cross was mentioned I said "Oh yeah I heard about it on the travel news earlier!" I took an interest in the disaster as I was working in the Emergency Services at the time, it was then I discovered that there was a time discrepancy of some 40 minutes between the time I heard the travel report to when the fire actually happened. I checked the records and there was no other earlier fire reported at Kings Cross Mainline or Underground!

I've been having premonitions for years, more recently I had a strange brief dream about Cilla Black wearing what I thought was her underwear in a garden, two days later she had died beside a swimming pool at her place in Spain wearing a bikini! Another one was quite vague about gunmen going on a shooting spree rampage, a week later tourists are killed by a gunman in Tunisia, the thing is I said vague as I have actually been to the tourist destination where the shooting occurred, the gunman was Arab looking, but the location didn't look right, some dreams seem to be greyed out, and the sky is black. I do believe there is something to them as about 10 years ago I had a strange dream about myself, which came true within a month, I can't say too much about it because it was personal, but it taught me to think more about what I have dreamt and maybe change something in your life. The other really weird one was a waking premonition, back in 1987 I was driving south on the A1(M), I was listening to Chiltern Radio and being rush hour they used to have 2020 traffic news every 20 minutes. I was on the unlit section between Stevenage and Welwyn. A travel report came on the air and they mentioned at the end "If you are expecting anyone home who is travelling via Kings Cross then expect them to be delayed as there is a fire at the station". I was only going as far as Welwyn Garden City and when I arrived for my meeting, I mentioned that if anyone was coming up from London then they would probably be delayed. I arrived home just after 10 pm and the News was on, there were lots of scenes of Fire Engines at a major fire. I asked where it was and when Kings Cross was mentioned I said "Oh yeah I heard about it on the travel news earlier!" I took an interest in the disaster as I was working in the Emergency Services at the time, it was then I discovered that there was a time discrepancy of some 40 minutes between the time I heard the travel report to when the fire actually happened. I checked the records and there was no other earlier fire reported at Kings Cross Mainline or Underground!

Interesting... it's got me wondering how many times any of us might experience some sort of premonition like your travel report one and not realise it's a premonition because it sounds, for want of a better word, 'ordinary' (in the sense that as you were listening to the report on the radio as you drove, it didn't sound out-of-place).

Just noticed this thread.
I have posted the same experience in another thread "Dream That Have Come True" in the "It Happened To Me" section.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/dreams-that-have-come-true.18201/page-8#post-1854261

Last week I was supposed to go on a first date with a woman.

The night before, I had trouble sleeping.
I dreamt that my phone screen had a list of whatsapp conversations.
One with someone of a name I do not know, but they existed in the dream.

During the conversation with this unknown person, a message flashed up from the woman I was supposed to meet for the date, cancelling the date.
I woke up from the dream very suddenly, with the image vivid in my mind.

Then, lo and behold, later in the day, less than an hour before the date, the woman I was supposed to go on a date with sent me a whatsapp message, cancelling the date.

I understand if this is indelicate, but has this happened before? Do you get a lot of cancelled dates? Not judging you, nobody's doing that, but if you're subconsciously expecting it...

I understand if this is indelicate, but has this happened before? Do you get a lot of cancelled dates? Not judging you, nobody's doing that, but if you're subconsciously expecting it...

Yes I do.
So perhaps I was subconsciously expecting it.

Still interesting that it happened though.

Yes I do.
So perhaps I was subconsciously expecting it.

Still interesting that it happened though.

Sounds like your subconscious is doing its best to let you down gently in the face of serial disappointment. But I'm sure you're not the only one, I wonder if that kind of dream is becoming more common in singletons?

Just noticed this thread.
I have posted the same experience in another thread "Dream That Have Come True" in the "It Happened To Me" section.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/dreams-that-have-come-true.18201/page-8#post-1854261

Last week I was supposed to go on a first date with a woman.

Then, lo and behold, later in the day, less than an hour before the date, the woman I was supposed to go on a date with sent me a whatsapp message, cancelling the date.

This event is absolutley no reflection on you Victory. I have had very similar experiences and so have other men that I know. It has nothing to do with us - and everything to do with the contemporary dating scene.

Well that's a depressing example of a "dream come true". Victory, this is a subliminal message telling your subconscious mind to stop cockblocking you. Even if the lady in question wasn't that into Victory, there's no reason to rub it in with a precognitive dream, Victory's subconscious!

Despite being deeply involved in the observation of dream precognition myself, I do wonder why so often people link dreams of plane crashes to the subject - we all do - when major incidents of planes crashing are a relatively rare occurence. No doubt - if you accept precognition exists - any major crash that fills the news will have had people dream about it beforehand. But every time someone dreams of a plane crash they report it anticipating it being a premonition..something we don't do with other violent dreams. Hollywood probably has a lot to do with it.
Yep, last night I dreamed I was on a crashing plane. I don't normally remember my dreams, but this one is still fresh 20 minutes or so after waking up, so notable (to me, at least) just because of that. The city of Stockholm was mentioned (but as a parallel to the circumstances of this crash), although the airline was Asian, possibly Japanese. The plane came down on a plaza near a lake. FWIW, I survived the initial impact, but woke before I tried to escape the plane.

Two points to note: I have a friend in Stockholm just now. And, um, I fly to Singapore tomorrow, on VN657. Just in case: it's been an absolute pleasure, thank you all.

Last night I dreamt I was watching news reports about Pope Benedict XVI dying in his sleep. Given that he is 80, works fairly hard, and we all have to die sometime, what timeframe and circumstances when his death does occur do you think would still allow me to claim this as a precognitive dream?
it took 15 and a half years for my dream to Come true. Told you so.

Last edited:
Back