• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Predicted London Disasters That Didn't Happen

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
A while ago I managed to get all 13 original volumes of The Unexplained off E-bay for a tenner and have slowly been reading through them. I have been reading about a bloke, 'Paul Grant', who was hypnotised and 'taken forward' to 1981 and asked to described the events of 1979 to 1980. He described armageddon. One events was a huge nuclear explosion over London. The date of this incident? September 11th 1980!!!

I find the gravitas of this prediction diminished somewhat by the fact that there was not a nuclear explosion over London on that date, nor indeed on any date before or since. In fact I can say with some confidence that there were no nuclear explosions over any city on 11/9/1980.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki experienced a brief glitch in their luck on the 6th and 8th August 1945. New York had some trouble with illegally parked airliners on 9/11/2001, if that's the coincidence you are alluding to, but that's 3000 miles away and like most airliners they weren't carrying nuclear weapons.
Did "Paul Grant" perchance see anything that did actually happen in that timeframe?

On a thread recently...can't remember which one...someone mentioned another "far-seer" who predicted a nuclear blast in London. The words "The elephants were screaming" seems to resonate.

Maybe it wasn't a thread, might have been a book.

Was it in "The Men Who Stared At Goats" ?

Too late to go looking for it but I'll check come the morrow !

Off on a bit of a tangent here, but relevant to the 9/11 aspect, I remember watching a Channel 4 documentary about a retired art teacher who painted pictures of his dreams. One night he dreamed of two airliners crashing into two tower blocks:- next morning he painted the picture and went to his bank and stood under the calendar/clock holding a copy of a newspaper of that day while somebody photographed him, to verify the date. That date was 9/11/1999.
Channel 4 repeated the programme at least twice at peak times, but I still can't remember it's title or the man's name. Funny how we can remember the content or import of something but not index-type reference details!

Put "strange coincidence" into MB search, and you find FOUR threads with those words in the title.

Is this a coincidence? ;)

Of course there was no nuclear explosion on 09/11/80. It just made me smile and i wondered whether the cosmic joker was in attendance. ;)

Moooksta said:
On a thread recently...can't remember which one...someone mentioned another "far-seer" who predicted a nuclear blast in London. The words "The elephants were screaming" seems to resonate.

Indeed it was, although I think it was just a bomb going off at London Zoo, I can't recall if it was nuclear. Jon Ronson mentioned being a little disturbed by the prediction until he remembered all the elephants had been moved out of London Zoo to a wildlife park years earlier.

Dr_Baltar said:
Moooksta said:

Indeed it was, although I think it was just a bomb going off at London Zoo, I can't recall if it was nuclear. Jon Ronson mentioned being a little disturbed by the prediction until he remembered all the elephants had been moved out of London Zoo to a wildlife park years earlier.

That was it Doctor B, thank you, although I think it was nuclear. I seem to remember sitting up when London was mentioned and taking note.

Hardly surprising London got it. No one ever predicts the nuclear devastation of Skegness... or Glasgow. (Though in some parts of that city you'd be hard pressed to prove it had been devastated by a nuclear blast and you were looking at mutants caused by that. :D )

Anyone know the origin of the word "nuclear"....new clear ???

Moooksta said:
[ No one ever predicts the nuclear devastation of Skegness... or Glasgow. (Though in some parts of that city you'd be hard pressed to prove it had been devastated by a nuclear blast and you were looking at mutants caused by that. :D )

I like Frankie Boyle's joke that when they started putting tables and chairs out on the pavements in Glasgow it made it look like Paris after a nuclear holocaust.

Anyone know the origin of the word "nuclear"....new clear ???

From nucleus which I think derives from the Latin for 'nut'. A 'nutter bomb' and 'nutter power' would sound much better.

Wasn't there a Spooks episode about a Russian nuclear strike on London? Never saw it, it was repeated last night, late, but I forgot about it.

Back