• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Predictions For 2005

escargot said:
Alice Cooper will die in 2005.

Dunno what brought that on. Was right last year about Alastair Cooke popping his clogs though!

Yes, all right. And spectacularly wrong about Tom Jones t'year before. :roll:

I hope not I've only just downloaded some of his best stuff.

'new' labour win the 2005 general election comfortably but not by as big a margin as the last 2.

the lib dems win a large chunk of seats off disilusioned labour and tory suporters alike (as they are the only party woth voteing for) as a result dispite the lib dems gains labour and the tories increase trying to peddle the out of date roumours that no one votes lib dem and whilst the tories and labour have their heads in the sand the lib dem share of the vote grows at a phenominal rate.

The tories have a disaterous election looseing many seats Howard refuses to resign mumbleing something about being "in it for the long hall."

Smelling power robert kilroy silk joins the tory party, gets elected in a by election of a safe tory seat, then imediately challenges howard for the leadership. howard looses and next moths tory leadership contest is between Borris jonson and RKS. The torys not realiseing the reason no one is voteing for them is that not many people with more than 2 braincells to rub together is voteing for them is that not many people are suporters of far right policies thease days re-elect RKS as leader again.

RKS with this new vote of confidence starts turning up on news night wearing a string vest, doc martin boots union jack shorts and a thin plastic white bowler hat with the english flag crudely painted on it dribbling occasinally as he speeks.

There's going to be a major catastrophe in the UK resulting in financial ruin and misery. It will cause a loss of stability and trust in the government. This will be sudden and unexpected. Perhaps a terrorist attack?

A hastily made governmental decision will cause new troubles, but will bring reflection and new ideas. Some good will come of it.

Tony Blair will step down and completely withdraw from public life - maybe due to a huge political scandal.

An event in the royal family will cause a change in position.

A famous musician will either be killed in an accident or commit suicide.

Nothing much will change in the Middle East. Just the same old stalemate.

Bush will suffer further problems, but this time from hidden enemies.

In the US there will be a large earthquake that may be caused by volcanic activity.

The Pope is going to shuffle off to heaven.

Beckham is going to go through the mill again. The trouble may come from enemies he didn't know he had. This may result in him having to abandon plans he's made.

Lots of Michaels in the news next year

politically- Michael Howard will loose his seat to the LibDems, couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Musically- Michael Jackson case will finnaly get sorted

General sir Mike Jackon (ret'd)will be contraversial in the press about deployment of troops and what should be done to politicains.

an "unknown" Mike will become a celeb through reality tv early in the year.
That's all for now

1. There will be growth in the spring.

2. It really is remarkably cheap (and incredibly bad taste) to predict people's deaths for fun.

3. I predict that many of you will die in the bird flu epidemic next spring.

1. Something terrible and tragic will happen in the UK in 2005.

2. The government will hold an enquiry which will ramble on, cost taxpayers a packet and propose changes to the system.

3. Officialdom will be quoted as saying "Never again!"

4. Proposed changes will be ignored (too costly).

5. See point 1.

People get old and die, famous, infamous and non-famous. Prediction of such might be mildly tasteless but a regular occupation for some.

So it goes.

The earth shakes, the heavens rattle, the beasts of nature flock together while the nations of men flock apart.. Volcanos rise and usher up heat while on other days it just rains.

Let's start close to home: Otherwise unknown posters of this message board shall rise to respectability in the vacuum caused by the dramatic departure of some well known members.

There will be a black Pope, who will not be Catholic.

Adventures of a religious nature will bring with them a suprising windfall.

An unpopular, but well known and highly influential, political figure will die without warning. While there will be a great deal of, well organised, public grief secretly most people will mutter "good riddance".

Evidence from a number of horrific murders in America will point towards the Whitehouse but this will be covered up until a great number of years after the events. Either these murders will take place this year to be revealed in the future or will have taken place sometime in the past but be revealed this year.

Concrete evidence for one hypothesis of a Fortean phenomina will be found, proving it beyond dispute. However dispute regarding it will continue, in some circles, for years while a previously unknown phenomina will replace it in the public interest.

My doom and gloom

Terror attacks in London and one other major UK city

Terror attack in France, thousands dead.

High Ranking US politician meets an unnatural end.

Dale Winton suspected of serious offence.

Huge panic about flu epedemic and lack of antivirals. However this will not happen in 2005 but will actually occur late spring 2006 with the first few cases outside of the orient being noticed in Spain. Newpapers comment "return of the spanish flu".

HSBC bank hits a crisis.

British Post Office hits a crisis due to government mismanagement.

Hottest summer on record with earliest drought warnings ever in UK.

Laws of physics will be rewritten after scientific breakthrough.

Proposed Laws will be announced making it illegal for any religion to be preached or advertised on the streets of England and Wales. Scotland follows a few months later. Mormon Church stages a protest.

There will be a horrendous security breach in a school causing the death of several children and a couple of adults at the hands of a mad person. But the murderer may not necessarily be a man. This will be remembered for many years to come.

Patrick Moore will pass away of natural causes.

Famous actor will die on a film set.

Pope will pop his clogs and be replaced (obvious one)

Fox hunting ban debate will continue until 2006. Protests from both sides result in violent behaviour. [edit]

Fox hunting ban debate will continue until 2006 resulting in anti fox hunt protesters killing some of the hunting fraternity (I hope).
Hoping that people get killed really is very wrong. Posting it is wrong - headed and potentially illegal.

Much of this thread is in very bad taste. IMO.

Mods!

alb said:
Hoping that people get killed really is very wrong. Posting it is wrong - headed and potentially illegal.

Much of this thread is in very bad taste. IMO.

Mods!
If you don't like it, don't post on it. Don't even read it if it is that offensive to you. What is offensive to you (and to me on some issues) is not to everyone.

Yes, much of this thread is bad taste, with which I don't have a problem. Predicting that people may die is one thing and perhaps to be expected in a predictions thread, but tend to agree that actively hoping that others will get killed is another matter altogether, and puts us in the same league as various "Hate" websites, with which I would have a problem.

Predict away, but let's lay off the vendettas and wishful voodoo, OK?

Post amended :oops: removing the "I hope" part of the post and amended the rest of the paragraph.

My apologies to anyone offended by that statement. I blame it on the red wine that had obviously kicked in at that point. I feel my present hangover is more than sufficient punishment and serves me right for not drinking alcohol for 11 months and then hitting the red.

Again sorry and does anyone have any NSAID's ?

The internet will become a haven of taste, warmth and truth.
Nobody at all will die in 2005, even those we'd really like to.
I will win the lottery.
The Californan caldera will erupt.
There will be peace in the Middle East and oil prices will fall dramatically.
Only birds will get bird 'flu.

David Icke will be proved absolutely and completely correct ...

... but the documents proving this will be stolen from David's perspex pyramid by the reptoids!

Chris - (Didn't Escette ask me to put a bid on you? ;) )compatibility issue - nope - all my predictions are equally likely :lol:

Beak - yup, scary isn't it. I'd buy some masks ASAP. Trouble is, they're mass-produced in China. :shock:

Hallybods -
- gasp! It's happened already!
Well, a minor royal has died. I supose that's what you meant.
(Can't post a link as it's not on t'internet yet.)

escargot said:
Chris - (Didn't Escette ask me to put a bid on you? ;) )

Erm :oops: Could this have something to do with another forum or do I misunderstand ;)

escargot said:
Beak - yup, scary isn't it. I'd buy some masks ASAP. Trouble is, they're mass-produced in China. :shock:
Very difficult to find ones that will fit over a beak. Especially one my size.

escargot said:
Hallybods -
- gasp! It's happened already!
Well, a minor royal has died. I supose that's what you meant.
(Can't post a link as it's not on t'internet yet.)

Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be right about a death? A bit of a moral quandry. :gaga:

Oh well death is part of life.

Chris, I think it was you whose picture was up on the Member Photo thread in January which Escette glanced up and saw, and said 'Put me a bid on that!' as if you were an ebay item. :lol:

Hally- it's always right to be right. If you're a bird. ;)

Beak - there's no tactful way to put this. Gas masks for birds? Haven't you heard of coalmine canaries? That's your new job.

escargot said:
Chris, I think it was you whose picture was up on the Member Photo thread in January which Escette glanced up and saw, and said 'Put me a bid on that!' as if you were an ebay item. :lol:

LOL I do recall.

Hmmm Selling myself on Ebay :? That might liven up 2005 if they would permit livestock on Ebay

A California eruption--

--will be relatively small and orderly, and will give sufficient warning that no one will be unduly incovenienced by it. The lava will provide free building material for the poor and the heat released will be enough to reduce everyone's heating bills to affordable levels. After the eruption is over a new amusement park will be built on the spot, to be called "Volcanoland", bringing in tourists from other countries that are volcano-deprived, greatly boosting the economy of California.

Hmm. After posting the above, I got to thinking about the horrific loss of life from the mega-earthquake in the Indian Ocean. Seismic matters are just not all that funny.

- A major epidemic will sweep the world, or at least several major countries. Many thousands, if not millions, will die.

- Seismic activity and earth shifting in Yellowstone will spark up serious worries

- A disaster will take place in a major city (more than likely terroism or an accident)

- Another petrol crisis will loom. Petrol will probably rise to £1 a litre

- World will lurch towards a world war

- Christian fundamentalism becomes a major force in America, causing much friction as arguments between creationism, homosexuality and other Biblical/moral issues escalate

- A new sadistic breed of reality TV is spawned. Many clones follow and slowly take over all TV channels.

But for good news:

- An uneasy truce is formed in the Middle East

- A breakthrough is made in the treatment of a major disease

- The gorilla/chimpanzee mystery ape is offically discovered

- Progress is made to a manned mission to Mars and a permanent base on the moon

- Nobody watches aforementioned reality shows. People who make them go bankrupt and never make any more ever again

Some of the things people are predicting have already happened.

Jima, as far as the retail trade is concerned, Christmas does start in September.

Raya, Christian fundamentalism has been a major force in America for some time, and reality TV is generally sadistic by its very nature.

With regard to the comments on predictions about deaths and disasters, it's notable that prophecy usually deals with bad stuff. For example, interpretations of Nostradamus' verses tend to focus on wars, revolutions and assassinations, not (say) the abolution of slavery or the discovery of antibiotics.

Other people's predictions - makes ours look pretty tame :( :

2004-12-28 - Wireless Flash Weird News

Psychic Predicts Arnold Schwarzenegger Gay Shocker

TORONTO (Wireless Flash) -- Arnold Schwarzenegger calls his opponents "girlie men" but he may be accused of the same thing in 2005.

Toronto-based psychic Anthony Carr predicts the "Governator" will be plagued by gay rumors after a California newspaper prints allegations of his indiscretions.

"Ah-nuld" isn't the only celebrity in for a rough year. Carr also predicts Martha Stewart will spend time in a mental institution for "acute paranoid schizophrenia" while Ben Affleck will balloon up to 300 pounds.

Carr also claims Matt LeBlanc will die a fiery death in a motorcycle crash and "Simpsons" creator Matt Groening will be convicted of murdering his gay lover, actor Kevin Spacey.

Some celebrities will have a better year. For instance, Carr predicts Oprah Winfrey is in a good position to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Carr releases other 2005 predictions in a new book, "Stargazer" (Hushion), including some that have already come true, such as Yasser Arafat's death and the recent tidal waves in Asia.

Source

A few more...
2005 predictions for Magick, Technology, and the Unusual

*Life will be discovered on Mars by the Spirit and Opportunity rovers.

*A new technique for regrowing nerves and neurons will be introduced to the world, helping many paralyzed people.

*A new form of housing, costing far less than conventional homes, will help the homeless, poor, and those who wish to live more simply. It will be environmentally friendly and highly hailed across the world as one of the great technologies of the 21'st century.

*A private, and until it's launch, completely unknown person or group will launch a manned spacecraft into orbit, to the surprise of everyone, from the desert SouthWest of the U.S. The launch will be successful and will be done at a low enough cost to be in the reach of most small companies. It will even surprise the other small spacecraft companies that everyone knows about already. A furious bid to buy and license the technology will fail when the owners give the technology to the public domain for the benefit of humankind.

*Practial fusion technology will arrive, replacing nuclear reactors as a viable means of generating electricty.

*The Internet will see the introduction of a revolutionary new browser that will be "immersive", involving the "reader" in interactive worlds via low cost tools/technology.

*Wicca and WitchCraft will continue to thrive with more acceptance coming in several high-profile incidents and events that show the true history of it.

*A huge earthquake will strike the West or mid-section of the U.S. If it is in the West, earthquake preparedness measures will keep loss of life low and recovery will be quick.

*The announcement of a private space station will occur in 2005.

*Low-cost production of anti-matter will be announced.

*Microsoft will find itself in deep trouble on several highly visable product rollouts. Many will turn to Linux as a result of this event.

*The cause of Alzheimer's will be discovered and treatments to prevent and arrest the disease will be the outcome of this basic advance.

*Scientific acceptenace of the mechanisms of Magick will be announced.

*Unification of the Science with the Craft may result in technology advances as yet unheard of.

*A large new animal, previously unheard of, will be discovered and announced to the world.

*Practical application of solar technology will reduce the costs of energy in the West of the U.S., thus making the start of serious moves towards energy independance as the norm.

*Gasoline prices will rise to $3.50 a gallon, causing massive changes to U.S. technological approaches to transportation. The U.S. will announce intentions to import zero percent of it's oil needs from the Middle East within ten years and the push to hybrid and electric vehicles will begin in earnest.

*The first nano-technology products for medical purposes will be released and this will start an explosion of new advances in medicine.

*A means of transporting materials in a "Star Trek" style transporter, will be introduced, starting small and then working up to large scale objects. Fed-Ex will immediately buy and license the technology to stay in business. The airline business will be very worried as a result of first trials of human transport proving successful.

*The costs of prescription drugs will advance to the point that many will begin turning to back to traditional herbal pharmacy methods and drugs, along with increased emphasis on preventitive health care.

*On the moon Titan (orbiting Saturn), signs of past or current life will be discovered.

*A basic advance in DNA technology will be made that will allow organs to be regrown for practically any organ type.

*A new surgically implantable computer technology to assist the human brain with computation and data processing that will affect society in a huge way.

*The music industry will find itself having to adapt to new technological and legal realities and will need to reduce costs of music to keep it's customers.

*A huge archeological discovery, off the western edge of the Mediterranian sea, will spark debates about it being signs of Atlantis. Whether or not it is Atlantis, the builders will be recognized for having had great technological skills, unheard of in the ancient world.

*Mount St. Helens will experience a massive building phase over the course of 2005, necessitating major restructuring of air travel routes across the U.S.

*Osama Bin Laden will be caught in a city in Pakistan. He will be extradited to the United States and placed on trial late in 2005.

*A large comet will arrive at mid-year, creating one of the most spectacular displays in a century. The comet will be visable in daylight too.
Source:http://www.iamawitch.com/article.php?story=2004100912281487

Blimey! That Anthony Carr is really specific, isn't he? It makes a change from the usual "something's going to happen sometime somewhere" style of prophesy but isn't he simply begging for litigation?

As far as 'nasty' prophesies versus 'nice' prophesies goes, perhaps tragedies that affect the emotions of hundreds of thousands of people - such as in a terrible death-toll - make 'ripples' in whatever medium a seer taps into.

Thus, the invention of a new deep-fat fryer is less noticable than the destruction by an earthquake.

I will discover that i actually DO have super powers and will save the world or destroy it, mood depending.

Back