• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Predictions for 2006

KeyserXSoze

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
8)
Post them here.

Elvis returns, piloting a UFO ;)

I see many earthquakes in the next 12 months. And lava will flow. :cry:

A TV 'star', comedian or singer you'd thought died years ago, dies.

Prince Charles decides it is worth the candle and passes up his chance at the succession.

Tony Blair still won't resign.

Next series of Big Brother flops and is pulled halfway through its run.

A cathedral in the UK collapses.

The end of the world is cancelled again.

Timble2 said:
Tony Blair still won't resign.
What if he dies in office (seriously, there are persistent rumours about his health)...? In the interim, awaiting Brown's succession, temporary Prime Minister John Prescott declares war on Sweden because they "looked at him in a funny way".
disgruntledgoth said:
America "accidentally" wipes out France in a nuclear holocaust.
France nonetheless retains it's huge EEC farming subsidy.

Hollywood announces the remake of Lord of the Rings, as it was so successful last time.

The first world will sink into a financial depression.

Something volcano-ish will occur in the continental USA. (We already have that geyser outbreak in Oklahoma.)

I'll find a job (oh, please, oh, please, oh, please -- give a prayer for that one would you?).

The lizard people will come out of hiding and bring balance to the swamp.

Life will be found and confirmed elsewhere in the solar system most probably microbial life on Mars.

Death of a major world leader who is still in office.

Fossils of a new species of mans earliest ancestors will be discovered.

A big cat will be shot in the UK.

And hopefully all forms of boy and girl band will be outlawed by the Geneva convention as cruel and unusual torture. :D

There will be one or two new documentaries based around the summer blockbuster "The Da Vinci Code"

Okay, make it several...

...hundred.

Science will speculate and acknowledge the existence of Big Apes in isolated pockets around the World after one is shot accidentally whilst foraging amongst refuse on the outskirts of a small Canadian town.
This will panic many people when they realise that they have been living side by side by the remnants of Gigantopithecus Blackii and a preservation order will need to be quickly issued to prevent a global search & exterminate reaction.

The Buddha Boy will collapse & die - an inquest will show that he suffered from chronic narcolepsy and a fused spine.

An odd stain resembling a bearded man on a ceiling in the Ukraine will bring many thousands of religious pilgrims flocking.

Several old celebs are going to die next year.

ElishevaBarsabe said:
The first world will sink into a financial depression.

More specifically - the dollar will crash in a very spectacular fashion.
+
Situation in Iraq will get no better.
There will be another "orange" revolution in one of the East Russian ex-republics.
The pope might die.
Iran will perform an atomic test.
Syria's regime will fall.
The Voynich manuscript will NOT be deciphered.
String theory will prove to be total nonsense.
Gravity waves will not be detected, neither will the Higgs boson.
A bird flu epidemic will break out in one ex-communist country.
Cases of the US' systematic torture of terrorist suspects will come to light.

Several old people will die

The end of the world will not happen

Several gay people will enter the big brother house.

George Bush will renounce his religion and office and run off to a hippy commune, allowing Elvis to return from Zeta Reticuli and take over.

Some fortean times readers will have trouble with the delivery of thier FT magazines.

I predict...a riot!

With sporadic outbreaks of terror in the European region. The USA will be mostly sunny after George Bush is assassinated by a highly educated white male with links to an underground terrorist cell.

Meanwhile, in the former Soviet states, a relatively unknown leader will get his hands on some real WMD's and off we go again...

Back to you in the studio.

The Sydney race riots will peak around Australia Day (January 26) and be completely forgotten as the Commonwealth Games and World Cup approach.

The Howard Government will introduce another major reform package, which will be threatened by National Party senator Barnaby Joyce when he realises no-one's been paying attention to him for about 5 minutes.

Peter Costello's leadership ambitions will be realised, when he and a group of his supporters assassinate John Howard on the steps of the Senate.

Anome_ said:
Peter Costello's leadership ambitions will be realised, when he and a group of his supporters assassinate John Howard on the steps of the Senate.

You crazy dreamer!

The dodo will be cloned. Making the saying as dead as a dodo obsolete

Serbia, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Turkey, England, France, Italy and Russia will decide to fight the First World War all over again, with both sides vowing "to get it RIGHT this time."

The War will be known to History as "The Great War - Part Two - The Directors' Cut."

In Germany, a young Austrian house painter and wallpaper hanger with pretensions to being a fine artist will be turned down when he attempts to enlist into the German Army.

'The Big One' will finally hit California and send it to the bottom of the ocean.

France will start to burn again during the summer because it's going to be a hot one and that always sets things off.

Osama Bin Laden will send Bush a video tape telling him to invade Iran. (Why he keeps calling Osama god we'll never know}

John Prescott will hopefully be killed in a horribly slow and painful way. Flesh Eating bacteria or something equally juicy.

Terrorists and immigrants will still get the blame for everything bad that happens.

Some stupid little idiot will kill their best mate after playing GTA6 for four months straight and of course it shall be the game's fault.

The PS3 will be just as big a disappointment as the PS2 was.

GOLLOS HAS RETURNED TO GUIDE YOU :

HEAR ME NOW, FOR SPAKETH I DOTH TO THEE

1. Ascendence to the 24th level of dimension hyper-consciousness will occur on the 7th day of the 7th month. 7+7=14 : 1+4 = 5 And lo : 1+4+5 = 10 : And thus 10 + 7 + 7 = 24. Herewith I decree so. On this day, Atlantis will rise, and we shall be reborn as those who walked before as those who will walk ahead of us, except not quite us, as we are THEM.

2. Fiery whirlwinds will descend as the the dark nemesis of our Sun returns to our solar system. At first, rocks will float in the air as would feathers, only for feathers to fall to the ground as rocks. This will cause all birds to become creatures of the ground, yet the dark Nemesis-star will frown upon their predicament, and divert its attention to the avian dilemma. The outcome is obvious, and thus GOLLOS indicates that you must prepare.

3. Stocks in AOL will rise marginally, but not to an extent worthy of an investment, although some call options before the minor rise might reap you rewards, if actioned in sufficient quantity.

SO SPAKETH GOLLOS TO THE UNWORTHY > HIDE IN YOUR HOLES, COWER AND TREMBLE AS THE EARTH SHAKES, AND ONLY EMERGE WHEN THE DONKEYS BRAY THEIR INAUDIBLE TUNE.

Telling the future

I've had an idea...2005 was a very very busy year, natural disasters, wars, deaths, explosions that woke me up, etc. And yet I've heard no-one say 'I predicted that event!'. So...lets all predict an event. One we think will happen in 2006. Silly,or impossible or deadly serious, make a prediction. Then on New Year's Eve, 2006, we can come back and see how many of the predictions came true.

Anyone up for it? I'l start. I predict, in 2006...

Tony Blair will lose his postion

And someone will ban beer.

I predict that this thread will merge with another before 2006 is too old. :hello: :D

Not playing. Couple of years ago I reported a dream that Tom Jones died after a short illness, and now he's got a knighthood. :roll:

KeyserXSoze said:
I predict that this thread will merge with another before 2006 is too old. :hello: :D

And the winner is... :D

Jane.

Chriswsm’s Predictions for 2006
Written over a couple of days on MSword before submission.
I will try to steer clear of my personal opinions so not to cause the upset I caused last year when I (genuinely) wished certain unsavoury (IMO) types dead. There may however be some misanthropic predictions and I can’t help that bearing in mind I strongly dislike humanity.

Lets start with Celeb Deaths:
Sir Cliff Richard.
Michael Jackson
Barry Manalow
Gary Glitter
Richard Madely (British daytime TV presenter)
Charles Kennedy (UK politician)
Dame Maggie Smith
George Bush (just one of them)
Hilary Clinton
Bamber Gascoigne
Bobby Ball (UK Entertainer)
Jasper Carrot (UK Entertainer)
Princess Anne (UK Royalty)
Prince Phillip (UK Royalty)
Tara Palmer Tomkinson (occasional TV Presenter)
Ivana Trump
Bob Geldoff

Other Predictions

There will be casualties during a serious fire on a film set.

There will be some natural disasters involving volcanic activity, landslides and serious flooding with total deaths in the 100,000 s

America will see another new record relating to storms and other adverse weather conditions.

Evidence of life beyond earth will be discovered leading to heated debate.

Organised Religion the world over will see a fall in their numbers as a percentage vs. the total human population.

USA will be hit by terrorism
France will be hit by terrorism
UK will be hit by terrorism
Spain will be hit by terrorism

Eco-terrorism strikes the USA

Food scare involving ‘ready meals’.

Fears about the environment cause some countries to publicly threaten sanctions against the USA.

A popular actor will be found to have a brain debilitating disease.

Arson in the UK will increase over 2005 figures. France will show a decrease. :roll:

A well known attractive woman will drown.

There will be a huge increase in human cases of H5N1 flu (bird flu) however there will also be increases of the H7 and H9 versions of the flu. This will promote more panic over which antiviral should be developed.

A bus will crash through a shop front.

Significant progress will be made in the treatment for arthritis.

A huge animal will be seen in the seas for the first time.

David Icke will make the front page of a popular news paper

Fears that HIV will become resistant to the drugs that slow its development into AIDS

Something strange will be spotted in space and scientists will be truly gob smacked

The loss of Prince Philip will cause the Queen to consider abdication.

A parent will be prosecuted for allowing a child to become obese.

The new pope will become ill.

Charlotte Church will become pregnant thereby causing a fuss.

A member of the Beckham family will go missing.

A quicker and more reliable cloning method will be brought to the public eye.

Political uproar in Canada.

A popular conspiracy theory will be proved true.

The plight of the polar bear will be brought to light and fears of their extinction in the wild by 2010 will be news headlines.

Tony Blair will remain as PM throughout this year. He will plan his departure for 2007.

Plane crashes while trying to land in a UK airport.

A sports person will die at a major televised sporting event in the UK

There will be complaints when the PS3 is released in the UK about the cost of the unit compared to other countries.

Fears of polluted blood transfusions hit the news.

Banana Crisis

The BBC TV series Top Gear will suffer a serious mishap

Celeb married couple will perish together.

New high-tech sex aids / toys will hit the market

There will be even more health benefits announced for tea drinkers

Yet another sex scandal hits the Christian Religion

The London Olympic plans will suffer a serious drawback

There will be a boost to holographic technology.

TV chef arrested

Newsreader becomes the news

Security failure in a live audience TV show.

A long buried item will be found with much excitement

That is it for 2006

feen5 said:
Some fortean times readers will have trouble with the delivery of thier FT magazines.

Now, that's just preposterous :shock: :lol:

I had a very strange dream last night - there was a terrorist hostage situation somewhere in central London, and hundreds of people were in a building that had been taken over by extremists. There had to be a news blackout, and the army had to arrive, in a very strange cloud-like camoflage/disguise by air to rescue the people in the building. :shock: Hopefully, none of that will happen.

*Goes for a lie down*

UK's Mystic Meg Predicts!
What Mystic Meg predicts for 2006

TEARS, CHEERS AND ALIENS

BY MYSTIC MEG

STARGAZER Mystic Meg has been peeking into her crystal ball—and she promises some major surprises in the New Year.

She can see aliens making contact, a royal wedding, a royal engagement and a new island coming out of the sea. Here's what she predicts for 2006...

because Jupiter in Scorpio will protect and give luck to the England team. Scorpio Wayne Rooney scores and remains injury-free and while Libra Peter Crouch may come on for only 10 minutes he'll score a winner.

PRINCE WILLIAM gets engaged to Kate Middleton and a slow thaw begins between the Queen, a Taurus, and Cancer Camilla.

Taurus Zara Phillips WINS rugby player Mike Tindall.

We'll have at Easter, then a scorching summer that lasts until November in Britain. But in the US George Bush gets snowed in—during the summer—and starts to take the environment more seriously.

will be lovers in 2006 and for ever, as Meg reveals they've been together in five past lives.

TONY BLAIR writes a farewell speech as Venus makes this his year of changes. But there's a rival for Gordon Brown and rows behind closed doors.

ALIENS transmit from their planet to ours, proving that there is life out there.

Newlywed gets broody, but the patter of tiny feet will come from his pet spaniel Arthur, who fathers six pups.

BIG BROTHER SEVEN is the most controversial ever, when separately adopted twins, who have no idea they are related, appear on the show. Blame it on Gemini in the sky.

BRAD PITT wed in the spring — despite a hitch over paperwork.

Charlotte Church ignores love-rat rumours about Gavin Henson and will be wearing an ENGAGEMENT ring this summer.

Tom Cruise and ex-wife Nicole Kidman plan their new WEDDINGS.

Extensions for stubby fingers and jabs to plump up scrawny hands are the new crazes in 2006.

Scotland win the SIX NATIONS RUGBY with a last-minute try. And Rhona and the Scottish curling girls get a second GOLD in the Winter Olympics.

ISLAND appears out of the sea near Australia.

David Cameron sees the Tories win May's local ELECTIONS and uses his Libra charm to get people on his side all year.

PASSION all year. Watch out for Britney Spears and Kate Moss who both have new relationships.

A lost DICKENS story found in a Victorian desk in Huddersfield is a publishing smash.

A News of the World reader in Kent, born under the sign of Cancer, wins the biggest-ever Euro-millions LOTTERY prize.
:hah:

Back