Predictions For 2020

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
That'd be handy. Don't know about an extra day of work, but I could do with an extra day off. I'm tired.
THIS DAY WILL BE 157 HOURS LONG AND ALL PERSONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK THREE QUARTERS OF IT, SPLIT SHIFT, UNPAID.

Also, these hours will be 1,009 minutes long.

And those minutes will be 78,506 seconds long.

And each of those seconds will be 1.0000026 normal seconds long.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
THIS DAY WILL BE 157 HOURS LONG AND ALL PERSONS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK THREE QUARTERS OF IT, SPLIT SHIFT, UNPAID.

Also, these hours will be 1,009 minutes long.

And those minutes will be 78,506 seconds long.

And each of those seconds will be 1.0000026 normal seconds long.
Spoil sport! :dpoo:

uair01

Justified & Ancient
China decides to halt global warming by seeding the atmosphere with absorbing or reflecting dust particles.
China will successfully clone human babies.
East Europe threatens to split away from West Europe.
Donald Trump wins 2020 elections. Democrats go into meltdown. (Yes it's politics, but I'm impartial here.)
An electricity grid in West Europe will be hacked and shut down by the Russians.
Massive protests against 5G networks for fear of "radiation".
Massive measles outbreaks that won't convince anti-vaxxers.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
I've read a lot of J G Ballard and even his metropolitan dystopias seem more interesting than our predictably tawdry failings.
Just to return to my prediction of only three months ago, I'd be most grateful if we could now return to our predictably tawdry failings after all.

Ringo

Of no preferred gender pronoun.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Imagine if the Queen went now and we coudn't gather to watch the funeral procession because of social distancing. Seems hardly fitting after 69 years of service.
Just saw it too. He's 71 now. Imagine...he's waited so long as well. Here's wishing him and all older folks a speedy recovery.
Forget the Nine Day Queen, Charles will be the Six Decade Prince!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Are there any legendary celebs left?
From the Hollywood stable, Robert Redford & Gene Hackman are still with us.

And Sean Connery.

Page, Plant & Jones...

But twenty-ish years of neglecting the popular media and very infrequent cinema trips mean that I don't recognise most contemporary stars, actors or singers.

Victory

Abominable Snowman
George Clinton, Mike Tyson, Tom Baker, Bobby Charlton and Geoff Hurst, Clint Eastwood, Robert De Niro to add a few more.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
From the Hollywood stable, Robert Redford & Gene Hackman are still with us.

And Sean Connery.

Page, Plant & Jones...

But twenty-ish years of neglecting the popular media and very infrequent cinema trips mean that I don't recognise most contemporary stars, actors or singers.
You're not missing much, it's mostly reboots that didn't need rebooting, reimaginings that didn't need to be reimagining, horrifyingly unfunny comedies and utter tripe!

Krepostnoi

Almost uniquely humourless
You're not missing much, it's mostly reboots that didn't need rebooting, reimaginings that didn't need to be reimagining, horrifyingly unfunny comedies and utter tripe!
We're in a golden age of kids movies, though. Things like Moana, Zootopia, Pokemon Detective are genuine modern classics. Proper film-making, rather than "oh, this'll do, it's only a kids' movie." (Space Chimps 2, I'm looking at you in particular.)

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
We're in a golden age of kids movies, though. Things like Moana, Zootopia, Pokemon Detective are genuine modern classics. Proper film-making, rather than "oh, this'll do, it's only a kids' movie." (Space Chimps 2, I'm looking at you in particular.)
The eighties were a golden age of kids movies - Goonies, The Never Ending Story (the firs one, not the others!), Gremlins, Flight Of The Navigator, Willow...

Ladyloafer

Abominable Snowman
So, for all our upbringings on apocalypse and ww3 and zombies and alien invasion and extreme eco disaster etc, apparently no one thought of 'pandemic' for this year?

@uair01 came fairly close with their final predictions
Dec 7, 2019

China decides to halt global warming by seeding the atmosphere with absorbing or reflecting dust particles.
China will successfully clone human babies.
East Europe threatens to split away from West Europe.
Donald Trump wins 2020 elections. Democrats go into meltdown. (Yes it's politics, but I'm impartial here.)
An electricity grid in West Europe will be hacked and shut down by the Russians.
Massive protests against 5G networks for fear of "radiation".
Massive measles outbreaks that won't convince anti-vaxxers.
There's is of course still time for the rest...