• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Premonitions

I've learn't the hard way that those weird feelings are probably worth acting on. We live in a world where it's now ok to walk away from stuff as we are so scared by being murdered or fucked up by someone if we intervene.
We counsel the Coalettes to act on those feelings, even if it seems rude to other around them and doubly if anyone tries to peer-pressure them into something they have a bad feeling about. The youngest absolutely will not accept a lift from the elder bother of one of her pals. No way, not ever. Good on her.

I think it's wise to heed those feelings. It never harms you to do so. In my experience those who act affronted are generally the reason for you having that 'feeling'.

. . . We had a bit of a chat, and then turned to set off again. I was then overcome with a horrible feeling of dread. It was so strong I almost turned around to go after him, thinking that he was an old man and was he safe walking by himself. But then I told myself not to be silly, he was always out walking his dog and there was nothing wrong with him apart from being very short sighted.

Something horrible did happen to him that day. His dog got into a field of cows and got surrounded by them. He went into rescue her, and got trampled. He died later in hospital.

I've never had a premonition like that before or since, but I wish I'd trusted my 'instincts' or whatever that was that day.
That must have been very upsetting for you. It's often so difficult to trust our instincts, or unconscious reasoning as Coal suggested it might be, because we try to "be sensible", but "being sensible" has become something which is dismissive of subjective perceptions. It's really tricky to determine whether to trust one's subjective perceptions, one's instincts, or not, since sometimes that subjectivity which can be so informative at times can also block out important information, like when you get mad at someone and won't believe anything they tell you. Don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your experience.

I don't know if this is for premonitions, dreams, dreams that come true.....it fits in any of them I guess.

This morning I got talking ot a facebook friend about my experience of precognitive dreams (I'd never discussed it with him before, the trigger was my waking thoughts this morning were uncannily connected to his status half an hour later)

He replied with two whopping examples of his own......

"I once had a dream that somebody had a car crash, It was a green car, i woke up and told my mum as she often had 'psychic' dreams. My mums aunt who I never met arrived 2 days later in a green car and me and my mum looked at each other like
1f633.png
1f615.png

It was parked outside our house and a drunken man was attempting suicide and flew down the hill in his car straight into my great aunts green car"

and

"my mums former husband woke up in hysterics one night that his car had fallen off a cliff and he was trapped inside and died, 4 days later his car was crushed by a cement mixer and he died"

Canada lottery jackpot won with numbers from a dream
5 January 2017

A Canadian woman who has used the same lottery numbers for nearly 30 years has won the jackpot, winning a CA$5.3m ($3.9m; £3.2m) cash prize.
Olga Beno from Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, says she "dreamt up" the winning set of numbers in May 1989 and has regularly used them ever since.

The win is a fillip for the cancer sufferer, who has had to sell her home to fund her treatment.
She now plans to build an easy-access ranch-style home with her winnings.

"I know my numbers by heart, and I thought I saw them on the television screen the evening after the draw, but my eyes aren't good," Ms Beno was quoted by Atlantic Lottery as saying.
"So I forgot about it."

The next morning, she was going through the newspaper when she saw the winning digits again.
"At first I thought - it can't be. It's a mistake in the paper. Then I said to my sister, 'I think I won the lottery'.
"She said 'Phone me back when you want to tell me the truth'."
Ms Beno was one of two people to win CA$5.3m from the 28 December draw. The second ticket was sold in western Canada.

Ten years ago she was diagnosed with Stage Four cancer and had to sell her home and start renting.
She said that her husband, children and grandchildren had helped her to survive the illness, and that her intention now is to spoil them by taking them to Disney World.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38514516

Canada lottery jackpot won with numbers from a dream
5 January 2017

A Canadian woman who has used the same lottery numbers for nearly 30 years has won the jackpot, winning a CA$5.3m ($3.9m; £3.2m) cash prize.
Olga Beno from Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, says she "dreamt up" the winning set of numbers in May 1989 and has regularly used them ever since.

The win is a fillip for the cancer sufferer, who has had to sell her home to fund her treatment.
She now plans to build an easy-access ranch-style home with her winnings.

"I know my numbers by heart, and I thought I saw them on the television screen the evening after the draw, but my eyes aren't good," Ms Beno was quoted by Atlantic Lottery as saying.
"So I forgot about it."

The next morning, she was going through the newspaper when she saw the winning digits again.
"At first I thought - it can't be. It's a mistake in the paper. Then I said to my sister, 'I think I won the lottery'.
"She said 'Phone me back when you want to tell me the truth'."
Ms Beno was one of two people to win CA$5.3m from the 28 December draw. The second ticket was sold in western Canada.

Ten years ago she was diagnosed with Stage Four cancer and had to sell her home and start renting.
She said that her husband, children and grandchildren had helped her to survive the illness, and that her intention now is to spoil them by taking them to Disney World.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38514516
The idea of a 'special' set of numbers is great for the lottery people. Once you've picked them the urge to keep picking them 'in case they come up' is money in the bank for lotteries.

While I don't doubt this lady's selection process, how many millions of people have done the same and never won?

The idea of a 'special' set of numbers is great for the lottery people. Once you've picked them the urge to keep picking them 'in case they come up' is money in the bank for lotteries.

While I don't doubt this lady's selection process, how many millions of people have done the same and never won?
Indeed. It would be more impressive if she had won immediately. Though it could still be down to random chance.

I started a thread here a few years ago in response to the frequent claim that psychics never win the lottery, reporting that if you google the key words there are dozens and dozens of news reports, with great regularity in fact, of big lottery winners reporting they had dreamt of it or been told by a psychic beforehand. But dreaming either of the numbers or the fact of winning prior to doing so is remarkably common and seems to belie the assumption that its a rarity and based soley on the law of big numbers.

The usual riposte is to say it ignores the millions of people who dream of winning the lottery and don't....but where the idea there are such vast numbers of unsuccesful lottery dreamers comes from is never made clear. It seems to be no more than a blind assertion. I've never dreamt of winning the lottery and i pay far more attention to my dream content than most people, so there's certainly nothing inevitable about such a dream.

The issue of the gap in time between her dreaming the numbers and those numbers coming up is obviously annoying from the point of view of trying to impress other people...but to those who do notice the precogntive element of ordinary dreams its not an issue at all...there seems to be no time limit on the gap between dreaming of a thing and it turning up.

That must have been very upsetting for you. It's often so difficult to trust our instincts, or unconscious reasoning as Coal suggested it might be, because we try to "be sensible", but "being sensible" has become something which is dismissive of subjective perceptions. It's really tricky to determine whether to trust one's subjective perceptions, one's instincts, or not, since sometimes that subjectivity which can be so informative at times can also block out important information, like when you get mad at someone and won't believe anything they tell you. Don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of your experience.

Thank you. I did feel dreadful about it and so sad for that poor man. I would definitely trust my instincts if it ever happened again, better to potentially look a bit daft.

Thank you. I did feel dreadful about it and so sad for that poor man. I would definitely trust my instincts if it ever happened again, better to potentially look a bit daft.

The trouble is these feelings are never specific enough to give a proper warning.

My partner has been almost hit by a car twice in the last week. Last night she was working, and phoned me about ten telling me of the latest, second, incident earlier that day.
I then went to sleep, and dreamt of being in a car driving along a road and suddenly seeing her car involved in an accident ahead of me.

This morning, while being driven to work, we rounded a bend on a country lane and found a car balanced on its side blocking the road. There was one passenger we could see, in the back unconscious, no driver, all the doors locked and the engine off. I called an ambulance, which duly arrived, and we turned around and took the long way to work.
Premonition? Dream based on concern and coincidence? You decide!

just to note it down somewhere; on the night of the 15th April 2019, I had a dream of being on holiday and was walking along the seafront of a typically British seaside town (the dream placed it in North Wales, although what gives me pause for thought is that in a few weeks we're going to Kent - Whitstable, Ramsgate, Margate, et c). Dull overcast weather, mid-morning, watching people going about their business on the seafront and noting the sea was getting a bit lively. The waves picked up in size and intensity and then one truly enormous wave rolled over the beach and the seafront and swept the road clear taking everything with it. I was fascinated in the dream with the relatively sluggish - but unstoppable - progress of the water. Not a tsunami to Far Eastern size, the wave was maybe four or five feet high, but still big and powerful enough to move everything - people, cars and general ephemera. Background note of malignity and psychic opression and I recall an earlier part of the dream involved dealing with spectacularly stupid, sneering and bullying people, but my own response was one of detached calm and "remember that you saw this." And that was it, really. Have to say I dreamt something like this before, many years ago - some sort of event out in the Atlantic drove a massive wall of water west-to-east down the English Channel, and of course that narrows in that direction so it funnelled the wave higher: northern France was pretty much battered, although Folkestone and Dover got away relatively unscathed, as you might expect... (top of some high cliffs). Worth noting in a timed-and-dated context, although the big Channel tsunami I dreamt some years ago (twelve - fifteen years) remains a vividly unpleasant dream and hasn't happened yet!

Last edited:
Had a premonition today! o_O

Long story short: I knew there had been accident on the road ahead.

We were out cycling and had to turn from a lane onto a busy road. About a mile further on is a notorious accident black spot where there was indeed a fatal accident a couple of months ago.

I was in front and suddenly had a thought about Maradona in his coffin, being photographed by a mortuary worker as has been in the news.

This was followed by a solid belief that up ahead there had been an accident. The incident had resulted in someone lying prostrate and they could be photographed by anyone passing, which would be in very bad taste.

I wanted to tell Techy that we needed to be really careful as the road would be blocked and it would be dangerous to pass, but we were in single file and I didn't get a chance. Instead I decided to just take it slow.

Sure enough, at the dodgy junction there was a woman, a cyclist, sitting on the pavement with her face in a dreadful mess and an obvious broken collarbone. She had most likely gone over the handlebars.

People were helping her so we didn't linger, apart from handing over a foil blanket. Hope she's OK.

Went to youngest's place on Saturday for her birthday, also attended by eldest and her husband.
She told us about her husband's sister and partner who are fostering his nephew who was abused by his father and his new partner( his Mother had died in a car accident).
Apparently he plays up when her son comes each weekend, probably for attention.
On Boxing Day we will all go to the eldest's place for her daughter's birthday . When we got home I had this awful feeling that we should watch youngest's boy who is 3 and loves to play with anyone.
After awhile I mentioned it to the daughter who lives with me and she had the same feeling.
So I rang youngest awhile later and she had exactly the same feeling so hopefully we can all watch out at the time just in case.
Will maybe take a small gift for the boy to show he's accepted so maybe the premonition won't happen.

Back