• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Priest Claims Demons Have Learnt To Send Threatening Text Messages

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
A priest claims demons have figured out how to send threatening text messages.

Stephen Rossetti – a licensed psychologist and counsellor – said they do it to taunt their victims, their families and any priests trying to save them.

1_Screen-Shot-2021-09-01-at-164045.jpg

The clergyman said: “We have had three cases in which demons have texted the team and or the family of the possessed person.

“Two of these cases were the most difficult cases we have had so far, and the third involved a pious family with priestly and religious vocations among the children.

“So, all were ‘high value’ targets with high-ranking, powerful demons involved. This suggests that it takes considerable spiritual ‘energy’ to cross over and manipulate such items in the physical world.”

0_deviljpeg.jpg

The 70-year-old, who alongside his team performs up to 20 exorcisms a week in Washington DC, shared examples of some of the messages.

One said: “Her torments start now, priest... all night. We will make her bleed.”

Another gloated: “We’re glad she’s away from you now.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/priest-claims-evil-demons-figured-24889559

maximus otter

A priest claims demons have figured out how to send threatening text messages.

Stephen Rossetti – a licensed psychologist and counsellor – said they do it to taunt their victims, their families and any priests trying to save them.

1_Screen-Shot-2021-09-01-at-164045.jpg

The clergyman said: “We have had three cases in which demons have texted the team and or the family of the possessed person.

“Two of these cases were the most difficult cases we have had so far, and the third involved a pious family with priestly and religious vocations among the children.

“So, all were ‘high value’ targets with high-ranking, powerful demons involved. This suggests that it takes considerable spiritual ‘energy’ to cross over and manipulate such items in the physical world.”

0_deviljpeg.jpg

The 70-year-old, who alongside his team performs up to 20 exorcisms a week in Washington DC, shared examples of some of the messages.

One said: “Her torments start now, priest... all night. We will make her bleed.”

Another gloated: “We’re glad she’s away from you now.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/priest-claims-evil-demons-figured-24889559

maximus otter
Are the demons on a contract or pay as you go?

what next - The Screwtape Texts?
Exactly my thought - Lewis hated technology, but he would have found a way to make use of texting.

20 exorcisms a week in DC? Why does this not surprise me? Not making a dent is he?

Honestly, so many gullible out there. When these poor folk are done being hysterical about a text some kid sent them I have a bridge...

Exactly my thought - Lewis hated technology, but he would have found a way to make use of texting.

20 exorcisms a week in DC? Why does this not surprise me? Not making a dent is he?

Honestly, so many gullible out there. When these poor folk are done being hysterical about a text some kid sent them I have a bridge...

I don't think it's always gullibility. Religious doctrine is pretty much ingrained into certain cultures and more so when you've got a lot of scary crap going on in the world.

My fear is that this guy can go around performing exorcisms with seemingly very little oversight or peer review. The church has some responsibility in preventing hysteria and allowing this guy so much freedom feels negligent and not something a modern institution should be aiming for. As an aside I just like to add though the majority of hospital chaplains I've met offer a great deal of support and guidance during times of crisis so not all religious leadership is problematic.

Possession states are "recognized" in some Western Psychiatry and yet there is a very thorough process to get to that point and it would be considered a dissociative disorder.

We seem to be seeing a wide-ranging rejection of the scientific model and the rise of reported exorcisms seems to reflect that.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering what mobile phone network these demons are using.

I don't think it's always gullibility. Religious doctrine is pretty much ingrained into certain cultures and more so when you've got a lot of scary crap going on in the world.

My fear is that this guy can go around performing exorcisms with seemingly very little oversight or peer review. The church has some responsibility in preventing hysteria and allowing this guy so much freedom feels negligent and not something a modern institution should be aiming for. As an aside I just like to add though the majority of hospital chaplains I've met offer a great deal of support and guidance during times of crisis so not all religious leadership is problematic.

Possession states are "recognized" in some Western Psychiatry and yet there is a very thorough process to get to that point and it would be considered a dissociative disorder.

We seem to be seeing a wide-ranging rejection of the scientific model and the rise of reported exorcisms seems to reflect that.
I was referring to the belief in the origin of the text messages under "gullible." The immediate jump to "god help me it's the demon" instead of "goddamit what jerk is trying to make a joke of our distress" implies gullibility, not strong belief structure. And perhaps a streak of self-obsession. My own take on exorcism is if the victim is a believer, then they are probably suffering from the invasion of what we might call a demon and the ceremony might well do some good, although in the case of mental illness a clinical psychologist might do better. I have read generally that any exorcism in the Catholic church must be approved by the local church authorities, and this guy looks like a straight-up establishment priest, and is a state-licensed psychologist with a "team," so although I think he's nuts and unhelpful to the victim about the texting, he's probably not totally out to lunch. Of course it's the Star.

In 1999 the Catholic Church issued a revised rite of exorcism entitled De Exorcismis et Supplicationibus Quibusdam. The document stated that anyone seeking an exorcism must undergo a thorough physical and psychological evaluation before church authorities would consider performing the rite. It also warned that mental illness should not be mistaken for demonic possession. The bottom line, as I understand it, is that church authorities are to use exorcism only as a last resort after every other possibility has been ruled out. As NF mentioned above, the recent rise in the number of exorcisms in certain ecclesiastical jurisdictions suggests a lack of episcopal oversight in this regard.

A Roman Catholic priest of my acquaintance told me he once staged a mock exorcism as a pastoral care exercise. The priest, who I'll refer to as Fr M., had been approached by a man who had trouble with addiction. The man was convinced that the root cause of his problem was demonic possession. Fr M. met with the man several times and tried to persuade him to see an addictions counsellor but the man insisted he was possessed by demons. Finally, Fr M. told the man he would perform an 'exorcism' but only on the condition that the man seek help from a qualified therapist afterwards to address his specific problems. The man agreed. While I don't know the details, I gather that Fr M. cobbled together a liturgy of his own making and managed to convince the man that his demons had been exorcised. Apparently the man was pleased with the result and later participated in counselling sessions with a trained professional.

From the perspective of church protocols, the priest's actions were dodgy. Fr M. is not and never has been a mandated exorcist and, as far as I know, the local bishop was never informed of this incident. Fr M. did not follow the prescribed rite of exorcism, which he wasn't qualified to perform in any event. The man in question knew none of this, however. Ultimately, Fr M.'s actions proved to be helpful. The man was convinced that the mock exorcism had banished the demons and he was eventually able to confront his problems. In this case, the priest felt the claim of demonic possession was being used as an abdication of personal responsibility. The mock exorcism served to eliminate that road block and point the affected individual to a healthier path in life.

IF demons actually exist, then why couldn't they find a way to send messages via electronic media? Even without magical communication powers, or technological skills, presumably they could trick or coerce some human into typing the appropriate keys for them.

Of course, the tricky question is in the IF involved...

IF demons actually exist, then why couldn't they find a way to send messages via electronic media? Even without magical communication powers, or technological skills, presumably they could trick or coerce some human into typing the appropriate keys for them.

Of course, the tricky question is in the IF involved...
We don’t know what’s really underneath all those cookie consent buttons, do we?

The fact that this guy is apparently in good standing with the RC Church makes me think his "exorcisms" are along the lines of GingerTabby's Fr. M. There is no way the Church would countenance 20 a week unless they were faked for their psychiatric benefits. Even then it's shaky ground.

Does anyone trace the numbers these demonic texts come from?

Oh, well - it is The Star.

The fact that this guy is apparently in good standing with the RC Church makes me think his "exorcisms" are along the lines of GingerTabby's Fr. M. There is no way the Church would countenance 20 a week unless they were faked for their psychiatric benefits. Even then it's shaky ground.

Does anyone trace the numbers these demonic texts come from?

Oh, well - it is The Star.
Seeing as they turned a blind eye to systemic child abuse for decades, I doubt their follow up on exorcisms would be properly accounted for, at least on an HR level. I bet they‘re efficient in processing the receipts though.

Back