• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Proactive Human Population Reduction

Who is James Redford? We don't know his agenda, if any, since we don't know who he is.

I was just being facetious; he is the guy who wrote the article on the link. I think?

They want to be around to give everyone a smile, a handshake and a gentle pat on the back to show their gratitude for the idiots ... er ... brave volunteers for putting the survivors benefit first.

Well I advocate killing off only peadophiles, rapists and bullies/psychos/thugs/sadists - I think that this would kill off 10% of the human population and we would all be better off without them anyway.

:evil:

Well I advocate killing off only peadophiles, rapists and bullies/psychos/thugs/sadists - I think that this would kill off 10% of the human population and we would all be better off without them anyway.
I have the same problem with this that I have with the death penalty - i.e. miscarriages of justice do happen and I don't really buy the 'it's worth killing a few innocent people if we eradicate the scum' argument because quite simply I wouldn't want to be one of those innocent people.

There is also some sort of fundamental contradiction involved in killing 'bullies/psychos/thugs/sadists' .... presumably because they are violent and have no respect for other people it is OK for us to take their lives ... but what does this then make us? They are human beings too and even assuming we have correctly identified them as violent individuals quite what sort of ultimate morality are we upholding by immediately resorting to violence on them?
You may call me a wishy-washy liberal pinko idiot I suppose, but my actually quite atrophied ethical senses start to tingle whenever I hear someone advocating the killing of any groups of people that that person has decided 'deserve it', or otherwise utterly demonising people for their behaviours without consideration for the possible causes and/or treatments for them.
I don't consider this to be hugely moral on my part, it just makes me think how easily someone could decide *I* 'deserve it', afterall, I am, have been and almost have been all sorts of 'scum' myself - a drug addict, a drug dealer, drug smuggler, a single parent, an alcoholic, a squatter, a long term benefit claimant council estate 'chav', mentally ill etc etc etc. Perhaps your list isn't quite so impressive (hoho) but I doubt there is a single person living who wouldn't be 'first up against the wall' come someone or the other's revolution.
Take care how glibly you hand out death lest someone hand it to you, imo.

Maybe I'm stating the fricking obvious here but you don't have to kill/cull anyone in order to bring about a long term reduction in total human population.

There's this thing called 'contraception' see...

misterwibble said:

Just hand out those dreadful NHS glasses to all adults of child bearing age and see how the population drops. I could never get any when I was wearing them.....

_Lizard23_ said:
I doubt there is a single person living who wouldn't be 'first up against the wall' come someone or the other's revolution.
Take care how glibly you hand out death lest someone hand it to you, imo.

*Applause*

coldelephant said:

:evil:

That's a bit sadistic, isn't it...? ;)

i would be quite happy to neckshot all those crypto mathusians who believe in forced population reduction.

please form an orderly line here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

8)

misterwibble said:
Maybe I'm stating the fricking obvious here but you don't have to kill/cull anyone in order to bring about a long term reduction in total human population.

This may be the only real reason for population decline in the West.

The 'snip' may be a better solution, but people get (understandably) sensitive about the idea of making it compulsory. For poor countries with a population problem, it is definitely the best solution.

I'm doing my bit - I made a resolution never to breed. Mind you, that has made it very difficult to have a sex life. :hmph:

Mythopoeika said:
For poor countries with a population problem, it is definitely the best solution.

no it's not. the main reason for population decline in the west is the increase in living standards. prevent multinational corporations and western governments from sponsoring kleptocratic thugs in their 'developing' world client states and maybe we'd see them experiencing a rise in living standards. pensions, decent healthcare and nutrition would reduce the need/desire for unsustainable birthrates. we also of course need to deal with the pernicious influence of evangelical and fundementalist religions and their anti birth control agendas of course. but it would be a start, no need for compulsion any where.

Nah, that takes far too long.
Maybe we should just go back to times where nature decided who are the fittest to live on this lovely planet.

Dingo667 said:
Maybe we should just go back to times where nature decided who are the fittest to live on this lovely planet.
We don't have to - nature takes care of that automatically!

_Lizard23_ said:
I have the same problem with this that I have with the death penalty - i.e. miscarriages of justice do happen and I don't really buy the 'it's worth killing a few innocent people if we eradicate the scum' argument because quite simply I wouldn't want to be one of those innocent people.

There is also some sort of fundamental contradiction involved in killing 'bullies/psychos/thugs/sadists' .... presumably because they are violent and have no respect for other people it is OK for us to take their lives ... but what does this then make us?

First - lets get rid of part of the moral conundrum here, if you tailor a disease that kills only rapists, paedophiles and psychopathic evil thugs then you won't kill any innocent people.

The second thing is - you seriously think that there is nothing we can do about paedophiles or rapists and that we just have to live with them and try to rehabilitate them?

They tried that.

It has led to so many paedophiles and rapists running about the UK raping children and women it is unbelievable, and there are so many cases not reported.

Families raping their children for goodness sakes - and you say do nothing?

I say kill all of them - remove them. They are scum as you put it, and I do advocate killing the lot of them. The world would be better off without them.

Why should children get raped from when they are babies to when they are adults just because human rights bleeding heart liberals say that we should leave the paedophiles and rapists alone and blame the victims?

I hate the state of the country at the moment, criminals often get away with rape and paedophilia just because nobody reports them, and because the country is too lenient on them.

coldelephant said:
First - lets get rid of part of the moral conundrum here, if you tailor a disease that kills only rapists, paedophiles and psychopathic evil thugs then you won't kill any innocent people.

You do realise that this is pure science fiction?

coldelephant said:

The second thing is - you seriously think that there is nothing we can do about paedophiles or rapists and that we just have to live with them and try to rehabilitate them?

They tried that.

It has led to so many paedophiles and rapists running about the UK raping children and women it is unbelievable, and there are so many cases not reported.

Families raping their children for goodness sakes - and you say do nothing?

I say kill all of them - remove them. They are scum as you put it, and I do advocate killing the lot of them. The world would be better off without them.

Why should children get raped from when they are babies to when they are adults just because human rights bleeding heart liberals say that we should leave the paedophiles and rapists alone and blame the victims?

I hate the state of the country at the moment, criminals often get away with rape and paedophilia just because nobody reports them, and because the country is too lenient on them.

Wait, you've got a bit carried away about rapists and paedophiles, and left out other scum, like serial murderers. :)
In essence, I agree with you - it would make the world safer for the rest of us and reduce the prison bills.
No, I'm not very enlightened when it comes to dealing with scum. :twisted:

Erm just how the fuck exactly do you expect this to work? Does the virus/bacteria read their mind?
Yes, because that's exactly what I'm saying, do absolutely nothing with/to the perpetrators and blame the victims :rolleyes:

I assume if, heaven forfend, anyone ever cry 'rape' on you, you will shoot yourself in the head immediately?

No more than at any other time, I'd argue, and probably more are reported than ever before, although I agree the majority probably aren't. Men get raped too, btw.

Oh I dunno, I guess I am a 'human rights bleeding heart liberal', but, although paedophiles are the demon du jour, and rape of any kind is obviously one of the grimmest things that can happen to a person, I just don't buy wholesale capital punishment, for the reasons I have already given. Quite how this equates with giving violent criminals a cup of tea and a pat on the back while telling their victims to fuck off and get over it in your mind I'm not sure, but as we clearly have quite different views on the matter i'll leave it at that :)

coldelephant said:

That's not Science Fiction, that's pure fantasy. The horrible truth about, "rapists, paedophiles and psychopathic evil thugs" is that most of them are pretty much like everybody else. There's nothing substantially different that a 'tailored disease' could attach itself to. That's why so many SS concentration camp guards could go back to their bank jobs after WWII.
coldelephant said:

Where do you get that from? The SUN? :confused:
coldelephant said:

Stop reading the tabloids, they're obviously not doing you any good. :(

_Lizard23_ said:
Erm just how the fuck exactly do you expect this to work? Does the virus/bacteria read their mind?

That is easy - RNA.

Scientists have found or will find out shortly that RNA controls behaviour.

There was an article about this on another thread;

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 056#594056

_Lizard23_ said:
I assume if, heaven forfend, anyone ever cry 'rape' on you, you will shoot yourself in the head immediately?

No - I am not a rapist or a paedophile, and I do not engage in the vile activities that they do.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
coldelephant said:

That's not Science Fiction, that's pure fantasy. The horrible truth about, "rapists, paedophiles and psychopathic evil thugs" is that most of them are pretty much like everybody else. There's nothing substantially different that a 'tailored disease' could attach itself to. That's why so many SS concentration camp guards could go back to their bank jobs after WWII.
coldelephant said:

You're right - tabliods do me no good, which is why I don't read them.

As for these scum being just like everybody else - no they are not, they are rapists, paeodophiles and evil thugs.

Normal people are not like this.

I suppose it comes back to nature or nurture - but if that RNA stuff I read about is true, then it backs up my point that a disease can be tailored.

coldelephant said:
_Lizard23_ said:

That is easy - RNA.

Scientists have found or will find out shortly that RNA controls behaviour.

There was an article about this on another thread;

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 056#594056

To put it politely: bollocks.

Or are you claiming that every aspect of human behaviour is controlled by genes? If so we have no free will and cannot be held responsible for any of our actions. In fact on that basis it is not criminals that should be puinished but their parents who are responsible for their genome.

coldelephant said:
_Lizard23_ said:

No - I am not a rapist or a paedophile, and I do not engage in the vile activities that they do.
But you want to exterminate them. Where's that on the sliding scale of inhuman behaviour? Do you think such violent thoughts might leave a subtly different trace in your RNA, from the violent thoughts of some more criminal type?

How sensitive would such a disease have to be?

Don't put too much faith in the claims of biochemists.

"But .... I never hurt anybody!"
"Tough kid, you gots bad blood!"

-

"Yes officer, that's the man who raped me at knifepoint"
"I know you're upset Ma'am, but I'm telling you it isn't. That guy there is a genetically pure, fine and upstanding gentleman without a hairsbredth of harm in his helix"
"..... But ....."

To put it politely: bollocks.
:D

Nor was Stefan Kisko, didn't stop him doing a good decade in prison for it. I suppose we should just have killed him?

Nature or nuture again like I said.

I happen to think it is both. Genes controlling behaviour by themselves etc? Obviously that would be bollocks, but genes that allow it to happen?

I mean, what makes these people different from us other than their obscene actions?

As for the scenarios posted by Lizard - I have to agree that was a flaw that I had not thought of.

Damn, a loophole.

:oops:

One last thing - it has been said that if I *hypothetically speaking* kill all these scum then I am a murderer.

Be a murderer or let these scum live and abuse more people (and you are right, children, old people, men and women are raped and abused and murdered and beaten every day).

Be a murderer or let these scum live...hmm...

Back