• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Professor chose not to have children because they would be white

Loquaciousness

The misuse of the word "fact" annoys me
I slightly changed the version of the headline that is used in this article - I am not entirely sure why her being a Professor is important, but I have only included it because the article did. Anyway, the headline basically says it all. I am not sure what to think really. I am just sharing it here, as I find it to be a curious reason, although people have all sorts of reasons not to have children.
Any thoughts?
http://dailysurge.com/2015/06/prof-i-chose-not-to-have-children-because-theyd-be-white/#

I chose not to have children because they'd be expensive, and I'm poor.
Oh, and my children would be purple when new-born.

davidplankton writes: 'She could have mixed race kids if she wanted. Or why not adopt some black ones?'

...because (I think it's fair to hazard a guess) this isn't actually about children or equality or the future of civilisation. It's about her own monstrous narcissism. As davidplankton points out there are two very straightforward solutions that shouldn't be beyond the intellectual grasp of such an academic high-flyer :D But rather than following a rational course of action she prefers to occupy a quite imaginary moral high ground. It seems very peculiar that, far from expressing sadness or regret she in fact seems to be extremely pleased with herself. Which strikes me as quite unhealthy.

It's 'virtue-signalling' (an overused term I know) supercharged by a jaw-droppingly neurotic world view. I'd even push the boat out a bit further and speculate that she may be attemting to rationalise some genuine internal conflict(s) unrelated to the 'issue'.

If she's not a militant atheist I'll eat my hat, but she'd make an excellent catholic. just saying ;)

davidplankton writes: 'She could have mixed race kids if she wanted. Or why not adopt some black ones?'

...because (I think it's fair to hazard a guess) this isn't actually about children or equality or the future of civilisation.
Yeah, I know.

Andy, have you been away? Not seen you for a while.

I know you know ;) I just enjoy spelling things out sometimes *

Yep, haven't posted here for months. I made myself stop as it I was finding it a bit too addictive and I had a lot of stuff on at the time. Then I sort of got out of the habit altogether. It's nice to be remembered anyway, thanks for asking!

*and I can't remember how to 'do' quotes.

Interestingly, a black friend of mine found her attitude racist.
I think it is too. She's rather implying that she would only ever consider having children with caucasian DNA, that ol' ethnic DNA not being good enough for her.
As Andy correctly says, she's a narcissist.

I know you know ;) I just enjoy spelling things out sometimes *

Yep, haven't posted here for months. I made myself stop as it I was finding it a bit too addictive and I had a lot of stuff on at the time. Then I sort of got out of the habit altogether. It's nice to be remembered anyway, thanks for asking!

*and I can't remember how to 'do' quotes.
click the reply button dear ;)
edit: learn to read Shady

I was just going to paint my children.

Walnut juice is traditional in these circumstances.
"Answer: Walnut Stain I saw your posting on walnut stain. Well, I have a beautiful set of colored fingers after cleaning up my bumper crop of nuts this weekend. I work for a hand cleaner company (GOJO) and I tried about a dozen different products over the last couple days. Nothing worked, including specialty ink & stain removers, bleaches, and some stuff the lab cooked up special. We figured out that the stain actually penetrated several layers of skin and is basically a temporary tattoo. I think the only option is to wear it off. I tried the Cornell advice for taking the stain out of clothing, but it didn't do anything for me. It's detergent/vinegar, then alcohol, then bleach, then vinegar again. I'm hoping you found something that works. Please let me know if you did. I have a trip abroad this weekend and they already think we're strange! Thanks"

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081010160500AAjyLHx

Walnut juice "stains" because it is actually dyeing the material (whatever it is) it contains tannin which is a mordant that binds the stain to the surface.

Walnut juice "stains" because it is actually dyeing the material (whatever it is) it contains tannin which is a mordant that binds the stain to the surface.

Yes, it's what dyers call a substantive dye. There are surprisingly few substantive dyes in nature. (I've done natural dyeing for a long time!)

As for the woman, yes, as others have said - it's a relief she won't be contributing to the gene pool.

My kids all came out grey a bit like Gollum.

Back