• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Project Q Day: Anti-Grav Pics Released.

A

Anonymous

I stumbled across this lot the other day.
Ok, the pics could be fake, but it's an interesting tale nonetheless:

projectq-day2000.tripod.com/qd2tvllev.html
Link is dead. This page of photos can be retrieved from the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20011204122027/http://projectq-day2000.tripod.com/qd2tvllev.html

Other webpages relating to the two students can be accessed by following links that still work in the Wayback-archived webpage(s).

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect this just might be a joke. Try this sample from the CV of one of the two "students" who invented the device:
John Obik was chosen by a talent scout to attend The scientific research project Q-Day 2000 provided John volunteered. John accepted and was awarded $24,000 per year paid scholarship appropriated in advance to cover the entire 18-1/2 years of the project scheduled to end in 2000.
1981-1984
John works with the other student to develop a matter accelerator and finds a way to produce a semi-radioactive material by bombarding carbon rich material with a high frequency gamma particle beam which excited the atoms to the point where they became plasma. Then by controlling the cooling, unstable isotopes were created. John and another student, Matt, developed the gamma transmitter by rebuilding an electron accelerator from a microwave oven. This led to discovering the 'perpetual-like electron motion' through a closed coil which is the basics for the electromagnetic force field propulsion systems for the matter accelerator and the atmospheric ionization version of this same propulsion system which was used in the track vehicle.
1984 - 2000
John and the other member develop the matter accelerator and take readings of the spinning disc in the vacuum chamber. John and the other student begin subjecting to the effects of space compression as of December 31,1984. The readings coincided with Einstein's theory as well as the Q-Day 2000 formulas which predicted space compression. John had incorporated the Q-Day 2000 magnetic propulsion system into a 1974 Ford pick-up truck and Matt and John would test it on public roads. Neither Matt or John had their driver's licenses yet, but the truck did not have a motor.
John Obik graduates from High School in Connecticut, and gets his driver's license in Pennsylvania.

It probably makes a hilarious read for US physics/engineering students.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find out much else, but if you go here

atlantisrising.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000033.html
Link is dead. The MIA forum discussion page can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010827211648/http://www.atlantisrising.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000033.html

You'll find one of them getting a grilling from some technical bods.

It gets quite barmy:

"The entire attendance of Q-Day 2000 offset both mine and Matt Urquhart's lives 20 years therefore October 15, 2001 both of us will be at the same stage in life (age affected as well) as we were October 15, 1981, and we live our lives as usual, just in 2001 instead of 1981. This outcome of Project Q-Day 2000 relates to the matter acceleration, and is a sensitive topic that is difficult to explain, but our ages are far less than they would have been as suggested by our years of birth"

Caveat emptor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, come on! Surely I'm not the only one to think "If I push this down the hill over that bump it will take off" If you look carefully in picture 2 I think you can see the tyre tracks from a previous landing and what looks suspiciously like the bottom of someones leg after kicking it. They may have built some sort of brake into the wheels to stop rotation after take off.

Fun though :D

Quite right, but they're posting on message boards, and are not worried about giving their identities away.
It would be easier to suspend the model from a branch with wires, then touch the pics up in Photoshop or something - there's no motion blur in the images.
I don't think they're just having a laugh, they obviously want some cash.

Look at what Copperfield can do. Are you then willing to believe anyone after a few bad quality images?

Here are two representative levitating cart photos from the MIA photo webpage, salvaged from the Wayback Machine.

lev6.jpg

lev12.jpg

its a spinner

i cant get a hit off those webarchive links ...

its a spinner
i cant get a hit off those webarchive links ...

??? ... You mean you can't access them? They're functional - you must be getting blocked somewhere.

This is all very interesting, but: I'm calling bluff. Pseudotechnical prose....in the main.

Far too many joke specifications and vague referencing (quite aside from the overall jokey tone).

the final 'all-the-way' 186,280 miles per second was achieved in 2000 as Project Q-Day 2000
So not only does this purported physical device defeat gravity: it 'achieves' the speed of light (yet, in a coy and evasive way, The Speed of Light/ "c" is itself not mentioned....this is an obvious taunt at the reader). Supposedly this device has been measured travelling at a speed that would take it more than seven times around the entire world in under one second?

There may be some outlier nuggets of value lurking inside all of this- but I feel it's fundamentally just a rip-rake of the movie "Weird Science" with a few molecules of "Back to the Future" stitched into the lining.

Yearbook yearnings crafted by post-teen Fantastic Stories fans (and it's so quintessentially North American, it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the 'reasearch associates' isn't actually from there)

... it's so quintessentially North American, it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of the 'reasearch associates' isn't actually from there

Obik was an Australian living or studying in the USA at the time. If I correctly understood some recent citations he went back in Australia and works as an engineer or in an engineering field.

There was something of a follow-on years later (since this thread was posted).

This 2011 webpage (last updated in 2016) provides some more info about the Q-Day 2000 work and what Obik and Urquhart did later.

https://peswiki.com/project-home-2011

Back