• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Project Stargate

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
AKA Gondola Wish, Grill Flame, Centre Lane, Sun Streak, eventually becoming Stargate.

I've been reading a book about Remote Viewing (Clairvoyance) and how the US military used it from 1977 until 1995. It has piqued my interest and I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether or not the British military, or indeed any other nations, had any such programmes running? Has anyone RVed Mars as is claimed in this book*? (there are machines under the surface of Mars and they have long-life power sources) Has anyone on the board or known to members of the board any experience with HemiSynch? Could anyone recommend any further reading?

*The Psychic Battlefield W. Adam Mandelbaum

Is US military use of RV actually proven? From what I can tell, the subject doesn't seem to have any really compelling evidence for such...

Looking At Mercury

Not sure whether you have heard of Ingo Swann. He is a painter from New York and he can supposedly Remote View anywhere on Earth, and even Space.

The story goes like this:

In 1974, two weeks before the American spacecraft Mariner 10 visited Mercury, Swann sent his mind to the unknown planet. The reports sent back from Mariner 10 confirmed what he "Saw". He said that Mercury's atmosphere was thin, and there was a beautiful aura around the planet.

This guy would be useful to the army, but I'm not sure where he is now...Try a google search..Even if slightly off topic! :D

This has come up a number of times in FT most recently I think in the FBI (related with Uri Geller and Unicorn and the secret services connectiosn with New Agers). Is there not an online index to FT? that would be handy.

It has also been numerous documentaries on this over the years - I believe you can go and learn how to do RV and that kind of thing.

Emps

I've made available to the public the complete set of 14 CDs containing the previously unreleased CIA documents regarding the Remote Viewing project. The entire collection totals 89,901 pages in 11,985 documents and you can find out more here:

http://www.michiganufos.com/stargate.html

Thank You,
Todd Lemire

This is very interesting. But there's so much of it!

Do you know if these are exactly the same documents that Hyman and Utts worked from, or if there are more included?

Oh, and the postage charges on the site: are they the same for Europe?

Hello Ersby,

You're right, there is a ton of documentation, but of course this was a large program and it generated a lot of documentation. But remember this is only what the CIA had. Some of the documents I've went over (which is only a small portion so far) mention NASA, the NSA, the Army, the Air Force and so on. I imagine these agencies have their own set of documents.

As quoted in Hyman's paper on "Anomalous Mental Phenomena",

"Professor Jessica Utts and I were given the task of evaluating the program on "Anomalous Mental Phenomena" carried out at SRI International (formerly the Stanford Research Institute) from 1973 through 1989 and continued at SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation) from 1992 through 1994. We were asked to evaluate this research in terms of its scientific value. We were also asked to comment on its potential utility for intelligence applications."

I would have to say that Yes, these documents were a large portion of what Hyman and Utts were asked to review.

As far as postage to Europe I would need to know what country it's going to and if you wanted insurance plus whatever customs documents are required. Basically this package going to France via Global Priority Mail would be approx. $21.00 (4-6) Days. If you'd like to email me your address I can get you a more exact figure. You can reach me at [email protected] or at my website.

Hope this helps,
Todd Lemire

New Star Gate book and website remote viewing service up:

http://www.rviewer.com/
READING THE ENEMY'S MIND:

One of the most important books about human potential you'll ever read.
George Noory, Host of Coast to Coast AM, Premiere Radio, Jul 1 2004

At last, a hard-hitting, comprehensive, insider's view of the Star Gate Program. Paul H. Smith names names and provides a much-needed unique and unvarnished history lesson. It is a must-read for anyone interested in remote viewing.

Col. John B. Alexander, US Army (ret.), author of Future War and Winning the War: Advanced Weapons, Strategies, and Concepts for the Post-9/11 World.

Star Gate Warrior Maj. Paul H. Smith gives us an up close and personal look behind the scenes of the government's psychic spy program as only an insider can. A must read!"

H. E. Puthoff, Ph.D. Founder and Former Director of SRI's CIA-funded Remote Viewing Program; Director, Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin.

When I was asked to review this book...I just didn't have the time to read anything. But as soon as I opened it for a glance, I was hooked and made time! This is a fascinating book about a most important aspect of human nature.

Charles T. Tart, Ph.D., Core Faculty at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology and Professor Emeritus of Psychology at UC Davis.

Learn to be a Remote Viewer: from the same instructor that taught most of the best-known people in controlled remote viewing.

If you seek knowledge of remote viewing, this is the right place. We are dedicated to factual education in and skill-based training of remote viewing, or RV, for individuals and small groups. Our chief instructor, Paul H. Smith, was personally taught by the originators of remote viewing: Legendary psychic Ingo Swann and respected physicist Dr. Harold E. Puthoff. This website has information on everything about remote viewing -- from the basic facts to how you, too, can become a remote viewer. Sign up for one of our highly-praised courses in Controlled Remote Viewing (CRV), the most thorough, most intensive, and most personal remote viewing training available anywhere.

CRV (formerly known as 'coordinate remote viewing') was the skill developed for the US government's Star Gate program (sometimes written as 'Stargate') to teach ordinary soldiers how to literally become "psychic spies." Now it is available to all, not just the military.

An accomplished, long-time military remote viewer in his own right, company president Maj. Paul H. Smith, US Army (ret.) taught CRV skills and theory to the majority of military "CRVers," including remote viewing notables such as David Morehouse, Lyn Buchanan, and Mel Riley.

Good find - the paperback has just been released (thats $7.99/£4.59 for 600+ pages!!)

Reading the Enemy's Mind: Inside Star Gate--America's Psychic Espionage Program
by Paul H. Smith

Synopsis

If you thought The Manchurian Candidate was the stuff of an over-heated imagination, you were sorely mistaken. For ten years the CIA ran Star Gate, a secret psychic research programme - even after the 1970s Church Committee tried to outlaw all such operations. Major Paul Smith helped run that operation. The most frightening aspect of the programme is that it works. Operatives trained by Major Smith became shockingly uncanny at remote viewing: the extra-sensory ability to locate objects or people over incredible distances using only the power of the mind. These specially trained intelligence agents helped discover the whereabouts of downed aircraft, missing soldiers, and, most important, secret nuclear and biological weapons facilities. The program was eventually shut down. Major Smith, a veteran of the Gulf War, retired from the service after twenty years and is here to tell his story.

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/08125 ... ntmagaz-21
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0812578 ... enantmc-20

I attended a couple of David Moorehouse's RV courses a few years back and found them very interesting.I know people have slagged off RV before but i think you need(as with other things) to try it and have experience of it yourself.
David talked a lot about the programmes in the US military but when the subject of RV came up a few years back there was a lot of backbiting within the community.I was told paul smith wasn't a viewer and only worked later for the rv community.Mel riley and Lyn buchanan were apparently amongst the better rv'ers.
I remember david telling us how they all pulled a joke on Ed Dames(author of "cosmic voyage") by pretending to remote view father christmas and he fell for it.

I personally don't remember ever seeing a mention of the word "Stargate" before the release of the Hollywood film of the same name.

I also posted to several Fortean lists requesting earlier mentions, but received no helpful comments. It turned out that nobody on those lists could recall earlier usages either.

So are we just being jerked around by Hollywood?

In Arthur C Clarke's novel of 2001 and the various books he wrote about the making of the movie the lightshow thingy that Bowman passes through in the movie is referred to as a Stargate.

The word was certainely around before the StarGate movie.

I've got a copy of Pauline Gedge's novel Stargate (1982). Did wonder if it had influenced the film.

Also isn't google great..Andre Norton's Novel STAR GATE, 1958

Thanks

Thanks, Timble. Once again you outshine me.

The Andre Norton I certainly should have remembered since it came out when I was in high school and I think (belatedly!) that it was even in my high school library.

So are we just being jerked around by Hollywood?

Even worse.

(and forgive me for bumping an ancient thread, I hope you find this interesting)

So, I was reading through the Project Stargate docs on CIA Vault a year or so ago, as one does, and as it happens, I was involved with some Stargate SG1 licensing some 15 years or so back so I'm very familiar with the property, both tv and original film.

You always have to sift through a bunch of junk with these declassified docs, and... not that I buy into it, but when I started seeing references to work done by WW2-era Bell Labs supergenius Claude Shannon, I started to get more interested. They'd at least put some effort into making it convincing, if nothing else. Far from a household name due in no small part because much of his work was classified for a fair amount of time (and supposedly some still is), Shannon is... well, I think one can make a pretty good case that he's the smartest man ever born in the United States. To use the cliche, a true outlier.

Even so, there's plenty of different explanations for what this actually is. One of the classic ones is that we were doing it simply to make the Russians think it was real. I've got no idea. It seems to have been pretty involved for that to have been the case, but... who knows.

Anyway, the docs are pretty interesting, and I'm reading along and then there's a doc that says basically "oh hey looks like there's a reporter going around trying to interview some of our guys". They knew they'd been discovered, and had time to figure out what to do about it.

What they did about it was the original Stargate movie, and all that followed. Reading through the docs, I spotted so many matches that I eventually made up this graphic. But there's MUCH more. This is an example of "cognitive dissonance" propaganda. They put another thing in the public's mind that is "similar yet different" than the thing they want to hide. It is very, very effective. It is difficult to hold the two things in your mind at once. So you're watching the news... "Project Stargate... wha? This sounds like the movie I saw. Are they talking about that movie....?" And by the time the news gets around to the local sports scores, it's slipped away.

And so it came to pass that the US govt spent tens of millions of dollars with the aim of developing psychic agents -- and actually deploying them in the field! -- and when the public found out and congressional hearings were held...

Nobody cared. At all.

Within 2 weeks, the news of it was relegated to a sentence or two on page 40 along with those $400 hammers the Pentagon likes. And soon, a punchline.

And about those Goats. Jon Ronson has a longtime association and friendship with a) notorious propagandist Alex Jones, and b) counterculture uk media anarchist Frank Sidebottom, over whom GCHQ was recently 'brought in' to crack the codes he created for his fanzine as (cough) "a light training exercise". It was reported they didn't find anything meaningful from the result (to which I say: GCHQ either has a very bad team of researchers or they just might have a habit of lying to the media ;) . I found the one result they did release to be pretty interesting indeed)... in any case... it's possible this gives added context to Goats.

Attachments

• project-stargate (1).jpg
    project-stargate (1).jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 47
Like Wormhole Extreme?

And you can bump all the ancient threads you like, we do not mind here at all ;)

In Arthur C Clarke's novel of 2001 and the various books he wrote about the making of the movie the lightshow thingy that Bowman passes through in the movie is referred to as a Stargate.

The word was certainely around before the StarGate movie.

I've got a copy of Pauline Gedge's novel Stargate (1982). Did wonder if it had influenced the film.

Also isn't google great..Andre Norton's Novel STAR GATE, 1958

Also the gorgeous 1986 album “Novus Magnificat: Through the Stargate” by Constance Demby and Michael Stearns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novus_Magnificat

AKA Gondola Wish, Grill Flame, Centre Lane, Sun Streak, eventually becoming Stargate.

I've been reading a book about Remote Viewing (Clairvoyance) and how the US military used it from 1977 until 1995. It has piqued my interest and I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether or not the British military, or indeed any other nations, had any such programmes running? Has anyone RVed Mars as is claimed in this book*? (there are machines under the surface of Mars and they have long-life power sources) Has anyone on the board or known to members of the board any experience with HemiSynch? Could anyone recommend any further reading?

*The Psychic Battlefield W. Adam Mandelbaum
The U.S. army remote viewing project started before 1977, because I was in a well established unit (not the only unit) in Jan 1977 through March 1978. I am curious what book you have read, if you are still around (I just noticed this is a post from 2003).

Is US military use of RV actually proven? From what I can tell, the subject doesn't seem to have any really compelling evidence for such...
Yes, and no. It is actual but lots of disinformation about it because of the sensitivity of it. Men Who Stare At Goats is as close as you are going to get to actual information and Lt. Col. John Alexander has admitted he is the main person talked about in that book. He is weird like that and loves to make fun of people.

Back