• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Prometheus

I hope it's not an artier version of the Alien v Predator movies only without the Alien, but they seem to have remembered the essence of these things is running away from monsters, so I'm looking forward to it.

im wondering at what point spielberg will return to the jaws universe and conjure up some creation-myth-backstory to account for the deadly shark, possibly connecting to the universe depicted in duel ...

im wondering at what point spielberg will return to the jaws universe and conjure up some creation-myth-backstory to account for the deadly shark, possibly connecting to the universe depicted in duel ...

I haven't seen film about a man being chased by a truck driven by a man-eating shark for ages.

I haven't seen film about a man being chased by a truck driven by a man-eating shark for ages.

A man-eating shark that was inside the Ark of the Covenant and almost ate the downed crew of Flight 19 before they were abducted by aliens.

Can't wait for Ridley Scott's LI AEN OVEN CANT!

C-VBV--XkAAB5Y2.jpg

i find all their attempts at teaser stroke viral marketing a little embarrassing ... the movies shaping up to be a stinker from what i can tell ... im sure to be there at midnight 01

i find all their attempts at teaser stroke viral marketing a little embarrassing ... the movies shaping up to be a stinker from what i can tell ... im sure to be there at midnight 01
Well you'll need this ALIEN cuckoo clock then .. it's lacking some in built sound F/X though ..

I've seen Prometheus over 10 times by now and it still satisfies. The new film is top of my list this year. The trailers have been compiled somewhere and it makes for a tasty entre. See if I can track it down.

I've seen Prometheus over 10 times by now
rather you than me ... i managed the very first (locally) midnight screening, great esprit de corps at the odeon, poor movie ... but then ive only ever liked the first, the sequents were simply an exercise in fancying sigourney weaver less and less

I enjoyed all that, but at first glance, it's like several different films moulded into one. Part one was an obvious follow-up to Prometheus, part 2 was Aliens, part 3 quite eerie in its own way, and part 4 was another take on 2 and 3. At least part 3 showed me why Michael Fassbender can have 2 different hairstyles in the same film!

Has anyone seen Alien: Covenant yet? I saw it today. I can't say I didn't enjoy being in the alien universe again. Interesting at times. Perhaps familiarity has robbed it of its ability to scare or shock. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was neither disappointed nor especially thrilled at what I got. As one would expect of Sir Ridley, the movie looks great.

It's a movie one is always at least half an hour ahead of. If something makes you expect a certain thing to happen, it probably will.

I liked Alien Covenant. A proper sequel to Prometheus. A great variety of Aliens. From vicious chimp sized ones, a faceless human sized, on to the familiar type! The speed of the chimp like ones in the high grass was impressive, they attacked like Jack Russell Terriers. Interesting new ways of getting the Alien infection as well. There's also a Caliban type character who turned on his Prospero and morphed into a Dr Moreau.

Great starship and lander designs. Some questions left unanswered for the next instalment. 8/10.

Went to see Covenant. Very much Scott doing an Alien version of The Force Awakens.

No biohazard protocols for landing on a new planet. Really?

Husband and wife partnerships within the active crew means as soon as something goes wrong they lose all objectivity. In a fair few professions you cannot work with a spouse in the same environment for good reason.

Daniels not asking Mother to scan David.

The bit where the synth David gets stabbed in the head by Daniels and he says "That's the spirit!" Which is exactly the same thing Roy Batty says to Deckard when Decdkard hits him in the head with the metal pipe in the bathroom fight scene of Bladerunner.

Good film but a lot of silliness you don't normally see with Ridley Scott. I see it as a "fuck you" to all the folk that hated Prometheus.

Last edited:
I was quite interested until I saw the spoilery review, now am avoiding... sounded like some of the worst sci-fi tropes going being wheeled out.

That cast has 2 comedians in it. Will it be a comedy horror?
in hindsight i actually think mcbride was the only one who emerged from this mess looking good ... in fact he probably woulda fit in with the original alien blue collar crew members yaphet kotto and h. dean stanton ... the rest of the movie never put a foot right, especially lead girl running around with a face like a smacked arse all the time

I think they're all good, even Prometheus, although 'III' was a little weak.

Back