• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Protocols, Plans & Preparations For Human-Alien Contact

Veracity Assessment Alert!

Anything about French film directors in cameo roles, or the xenolingual communication roll of 70's Hammond organs and disco lighting?

No? Then I believe we can safely discount this piece of speculation. :D

And not one mention of "We come in peace, shoot to kill!". :D

"Klatu Barada Nikto" might come in handy too.

YellowCalx said:
heh, according to imdb.com it was an ARP (synth nerd:D)
Yes. But, for a sense of completeness, it should have been a Hammond. Or, a Stylophone, as advocated by Rolf Harris and David Bowie! ;)

action must be taken to separate the HE from the AE

Look what happens when you do that though.

Remember ET?

"E-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-i-i-i-i-o-o-o-o-t..."

It generally makes the alien rather poorly, as proven.

i would have though it would be something like:

hello
shakes hand
do you want a cup of tea?
etc

who cares if they are alien or not?

I'm re-titling and recycling this thread to serve as a place for discussing what - if anything - any humans have formally proposed or prescribed in the event of first contact.

The existence of such plans is a common trope in SF (e.g., X-Files), but the closest thing to an FTMB thread on such things is this one:

Would you be Willing to Co-operate With Invading Benevolent Aliens?
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...perate-with-invading-benevolent-aliens.30355/

... which doesn't really address formal plans or preparations.

Here's a fresh news item illustrating this thread's updated context ...

Germany: No preparations made in case of alien landing
The German government says it has made no preparations for the possibility that aliens might land in the European country.

In a response to questions from opposition Green Party lawmaker Dieter Janecek, the government said “there are no protocols or plans for a possible first contact with alien life.”

Justifying that stance, the government added it believes “a first contact on German territory is extremely unlikely, based on today’s scientific knowledge.” Janecek linked the government’s responses to a media article Saturday. ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/b3105a7b6e394228...No-preparations-made-in-case-of-alien-landing

Do we just mean aliens as in "they come from outer space" or are we also considering the possibility that such beings might be trans dimensional?

Only outer space aliens are welcome. Trans dimensional aliens are not. They’re all drug dealers and rapists.

Only outer space aliens are welcome. Trans dimensional aliens are not. They’re all drug dealers and rapists.
Bloody Trans dimensional aliens - coming over here and stealing jobs from decent Extraterrestrial aliens.

Back