• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Psychic Declares Missing Man Dead

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Psychic says missing man is dead

A mother trying to find out what happened to her missing army cadet son has enlisted the help of a psychic. Blake Hartley, 25, from Golding Hall, Shropshire, disappeared after a night out with comrades in Chamonix.

He had been on expedition in the French Alps but, despite thorough searches of the area, it is unclear what happened.

Mr Hartley's mother, Sally Perrin, said psychic Dennis McKenzie, who was asked to help in the Soham murders case, has told her her son has been killed.

The father-of-one was with his comrades from Sandhurst Military Academy when he went missing on 8 August 2004.

'Try anything'

One theory about his disappearance has suggested he was hit by a car and thrown into a nearby river.

But his mother said she will "try anything" to find her son and she invited Mr McKenzie to accompany her to Chamonix.

She said: "He (Mr McKenzie) told me he thought Blake had been murdered.

"He told me the area he thinks Blake is now. To me, it seemed like an area I recognised.

"We will try this, we will try anything."

'Fingers crossed'

Mr McKenzie gave police information about the two girls, Holly and Jessica, who went missing in Soham in 2002, Mrs Perrin said.

"The parents of Holly and Jessica contacted him two days after the girls disappeared," said Ms Perrin.

"He instantly said: 'I'm sorry, but your girls are dead' and he gave them all sorts of information, so fingers crossed he can help us.

"I have tried every conventional method to try and find Blake."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/e ... 853412.stm

Published: 2006/03/28 15:11:04 GMT

© BBC MMVI

Partial remains of Blake Hartley were found and eventually identified in 2007.

Shropshire Star (safe newspaper) link:
(Inquest report)
Army cadet Blake drowned in river

May 21, 2008
The family of a Shropshire soldier today heard about his last known movements during a night out in the French Alps before he went missing nearly four years ago.

Mr John Ellery, the coroner for Mid and North Shropshire, recorded an open verdict at the inquest of army cadet Blake Hartley, at Shrewsbury Magistrates Court.

The medical cause of death was given as drowning. The inquest heard forensic evidence that 25-year-old Blake, of Golding, near Cound, was alive when he fell in the water.

Blake disappeared in Chamonix on August 8, 2004, but it was not until January 2007 that bones found in debris by the river L'arve were identified.

This sounds fishy to me.
- Hartley was seen drunkenly walking past his camp site entrance and into a private garden. Why wasn't the alarm raised? Whose garden was it? Was it searched?
- Why did his remains take so long to be found?
- How can it be said that he was alive when he entered the water if only bones were found?
- Why wasn't he searched for right away?
- Why were the police not contacted until 6.20pm next day?

However, I seem to be the only person who's worried by these details.

Partial remains of Blake Hartley were found and eventually identified in 2007.

Shropshire Star (safe newspaper) link:
(Inquest report)
Army cadet Blake drowned in river

This sounds fishy to me.
- Hartley was seen drunkenly walking past his camp site entrance and into a private garden. Why wasn't the alarm raised? Whose garden was it? Was it searched?
- Why did his remains take so long to be found?
- How can it be said that he was alive when he entered the water if only bones were found?
- Why wasn't he searched for right away?
- Why were the police not contacted until 6.20pm next day?

However, I seem to be the only person who's worried by these details.
It sounds like everyone was drunk and probably just not really thinking he would go off and die. It doesn't seem like there was much of a search though does there?
As for being alive when he went in the water - I would guess that there were no signs of violence found on the bones which would suggest he got into the water himself somehow.
Must be horrible not really knowing though.

It sounds like everyone was drunk and probably just not really thinking he would go off and die. It doesn't seem like there was much of a search though does there?
As for being alive when he went in the water - I would guess that there were no signs of violence found on the bones which would suggest he got into the water himself somehow.
Must be horrible not really knowing though.

There's not much information online.
This is his family's website about him -
Blake Hartley News website

Only partial remains were found; one thigh bone, in fact. This was recovered by a local man in December 2006, over two years after Blake went missing, who had claimed to have seen a body in the water 10 days after the disappearance.
(On the family's website, some remains mentioned are a skull and a section of the spine which were found caught in tree branches down river a year after the inquest.
The family thought they might be Blake's but they turned out to be those of a woman who had gone missing.)

So all the family had was a bone. Absolutely nothing could be learned from that, apart from his identity via DNA and perhaps the fact that the leg was attached to the body when it entered the water. (No saw marks, for example.)

The verdict was 'Open', which means 'Unknown'.

Well, I take it back. It seems there was a massive search. His friends spent most of the next day searching for him before calling the gendarmes. They then did a full search including dogs, divers etc. Apparently the terrain and the river are difficult and dangerous which is probably why it wasn't that easy to find him.

Maybe the Shropshire Herald got it wrong about the bone? The news outlets seem to have got it wrong about the psychics.

It seems Blake's mother consulted several of them (some of whom told her he was still alive. How can these people live with themselves?) and there is no mention of murder from Dennis MacKenzie.

Entry dated 9th May 2006
I will give you a more detailed account of what happened on our last trip to Chamonix when I come back, but suffice to say for now, we got back yesterday after an extremely interesting 2 days with Dennis, the psychic. He told us what he felt actually happened the night Blake disappeared, and I have to say that at last, after hearing his account it makes a great deal more sense and I do feel somewhat relieved to know that he believes Blake lost his life trying to help someone else and not by doing anything stupid himself, but also so sad that it had to have happened at all.
E

Well, I take it back. It seems there was a massive search. His friends spent most of the next day searching for him before calling the gendarmes. They then did a full search including dogs, divers etc. Apparently the terrain and the river are difficult and dangerous which is probably why it wasn't that easy to find him.

Maybe the Shropshire Herald got it wrong about the bone? The news outlets seem to have got it wrong about the psychics.

It seems Blake's mother consulted several of them (some of whom told her he was still alive. How can these people live with themselves?) and there is no mention of murder from Dennis MacKenzie.

Entry dated 9th May 2006 E

It's really tangled, innit? His mother hints that the answer might be a prank or some horseplay. I'm wondering if this has been talked about openly.

One seems to have told her he was trying to help or rescue someone at the time of his disappearance. Sounds like typical psychic bullshit.
It is slightly better psychic bullshit than "he was murdered" or "he has run off to a monastery" . :rage: Urgh. It all makes my skin crawl though..
Blake's Seven psychics... :)
That has gone right over my head! :chuckle:

It seems very akin to the 'mystery' of students disappearing in university towns and subsequently (and sadly) being found later, downstream and drowned.

Alcohol and proximity to water.

It's almost never sinister, just a dreadful tendency to over estimate one's ability and sobriety.

It seems very akin to the 'mystery' of students disappearing in university towns and subsequently (and sadly) being found later, downstream and drowned.

Alcohol and proximity to water.

It's almost never sinister, just a dreadful tendency to over estimate one's ability and sobriety.

For sure. Also, though it's probably not the case here*, drunken men have a tendency to urinate into water. They might then topple forward and drown very quickly.
When this happens, if the body is found it is downstream, generally with all valuables present, no signs of violence and often an unzipped fly.

*because the river was not immediately accessible from where he was last seen, although people can wander a long way when drunk.

He could have wandered a long way though. He was looking for the campsite that he thought he was in, despite it being behind him. He could have just walked and walked doing that drunken 'it's round here somewhere, I'll come upon it if I just keep going' thing.

He could have wandered a long way though. He was looking for the campsite that he thought he was in, despite it being behind him. He could have just walked and walked doing that drunken 'it's round here somewhere, I'll come upon it if I just keep going' thing.

True. He didn't recognise the campsite entrance and argued with a friend who tried to call him back.

He was apparently last seen going into a private garden. That seems significant to me.

Remember the man who went missing on holiday on Crete, whose body was found down a well 14 years later?
(He was called Stephen Cook. I used to be a customer of his sister who is a hairdresser. They are a nice family.)

His entire skeleton was there but all that could be learned from it was his identity.

Was the property owner ever interviewed? And does he (or she) own a shotgun by any chance?

'Trespassers will be shot and their body hidden until we can dump it in the river.'

Was the property owner ever interviewed? And does he (or she) own a shotgun by any chance?

'Trespassers will be shot and their body hidden until we can dump it in the river.'
Yes of course. Every property and owner was searched/interviewed. Several times according to the website.

Back