• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Psychokinetic Experiments & Demonstrations

A

Anonymous

I remember seeing these videos (I think they're fairly well known) of these glass boxes with clocks inside then, along with various other materials (I dont remember exactly... maybe a pencil, some pens, a stapler, just random things). Anyways, the clocks would be running, and things would suddenly disappear inside the box (and reappear too, I think). You couldnt see anyone in the video (atleast the part I saw). The show I saw it on said it was someone using some sort of mental (i dont know the right word to use) powers to make these things move, and disappear and reappear. From the film quality I would guess these were from the '60s or '70s. I saw it again on some recent FOX show. In it, they attributed the phenomena to ghosts. It seemed pretty easy to fake the film, even with the clock running. I found it interesting none the less. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and where I can find it?

A young Russian girl, Ninel Kulagina, repeatedly astonished scientists with her ability to move solid objects without touching them even when they were enclosed in glass cases.

I've seen film of this happening, though it was quite along time ago, and my memory could be playing tricks with me.

I saw an old Ripley's Believe it or Not were they showed how they used magnets to do it, but I don't know how credible it was.

It can also be done with 'sleight of breathe', by using controlled bursts of breath and being careful not to make it noticeable (there's always a small gap between the glass case and bench(?) surface).

Psychokinesis would be very useful, especially when you can't be bothered to go and get another glass of wine . . .

Carole, who emphatically denies being a couch potato

My biology teacher once told my class there were Russian psychics who could turn tennis balls inside out without cutting them so the fur was on the inside - did my head in .
I remember seeing the films of the boxes , they looked a bit like time lapse animation to me .

Marion said:
My biology teacher once told my class there were Russian psychics who could turn tennis balls inside out without cutting them so the fur was on the inside

Keep trying to picture this. It's the route to insanity.

Marion said:
My biology teacher once told my class there were Russian psychics who could turn tennis balls inside out without cutting them so the fur was on the inside - did my head in .

This sort of rings a bell. Something about it being possible to do it mathematically or something, not using Russian psychics though.

Sphere inversion is only possible if either you can move the sphere in the 4th dimension or you can make the sphere intersect itself. There are several different mathematical sphere eversions, all of which require the surface of the sphere to pass through itself.

In other words, if someone could do this, they have to power to either pass objects into the fourth spatial dimension or to force matter to pass through other matter uninterrupted. If they could do this, why are they stuck in a lab doing tricks when they could be out robbing banks, safe in the fact that no jail can hold them and bullets could be made to simply pass through their bodies?

That's one weird biology teacher you had there... It's weird though, you can tell me how many stories you like about alien abduction, scary werewolves and big ghosts, but it's little things like that that freak me out.

He was great , he had a huge enlarged liver from catching malaria in the far East and he would make pupils feel it when we studied diseases of the world . He would bury foxes and badgers round the school then dig them up years later so he could look at the bones. He had a thousand stories,the best sort of teacher .
He may have even witnessed the tennis ball thing , who knows ?

I have a video tape (from China) which shows a number of psychokinetic experiments. One clearly shows some drugs falling through the bottom of a glass jar which is clamped into a stand. The subject is sat at the end of a table about 2 metres away. There's a lot of stuff on the tape and it's professionally made (by a Japanese film crew) but I don't know whether this is a special effect. The institution it was made in however, does exist.

Marion said:
I'm sure I read an account of this in a Lyall Watson book and he claimed to have actually witnessed it being done. IIRC it was a child who could do it but I can't remember her nationality.

It did my head in as well when I read it. :eek:

I'm sure I read an account of this in a Lyall Watson book and he claimed to have actually witnessed it being done. IIRC it was a child who could do it but I can't remember her nationality.

Lyall Watson in his book 'Lifetide' (Coronet, 1979, p.54) states:
"This is a regular experience in organic chemistry. Yesterday something was impossible and today it is easy. Partly because of the introduction of a new technique, but also in part because of the existence of a new state of mind."​
In the beginning of 'Lifetide,' Watson describes the siddhi of a five year old Italian girl, named Claudia, who can completely turn tennis balls inside out with her mind. This is a feat which is even impossible mathematically.

SOURCE: http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1983/dapr83/exp483.shtml

Here's a bit more on the Claudia / tennis ball eversion story ...

In May 1974, a man purchased a book in order to pass the time while he was traveling. He became so enthralled by its contents that he extended an invitation to the author to visit him at his home in Venice, Italy. The author was Dr Lyall Watson, and the book was called “Supernature”. Watson traveled to Venice to meet the man, who said he wanted to show him a particular trick that his daughter Claudia was able to perform.

The father reached for a tube of tennis balls that lay on a corner table. He took out a ball and casually rolled it across the carpet towards his daughter. Claudia picked it up and held it affectionately to her cheek. Then, balancing the ball in her left hand, she gently stroked it with her right. What followed left Watson stunned. As he wrote in his book “Lifetide”:

“One moment there was a tennis ball – the familiar off-white carpeted sphere marked only by its usual meandering seam. Then it was no longer so. There was a short implosive sound, very soft, like a cork being drawn in the dark, and Claudia held in her hand something completely different: a smooth, dark, rubbery globe with only a suggestion of the old pattern on its surface – a sort of negative through-the-looking-glass impression of a tennis ball.”

When Watson examined the ball closely he found that it was an everted tennis ball – one that had been turned inside out. Yet it still contained a volume of air under pressure. When he squeezed the ball it returned to its former shape. He dropped it and it bounced. In fact it seemed exactly like a normal tennis ball, except that it had somehow been turned inside out.

Later that evening Claudia performed the trick again. This time Watson kept the everted ball and took it back to his hotel, where he placed it on the mantelpiece in his room. ...

SOURCE: http://thelastdaysoftolemac.com/prophecy/men-of-miracles-part-five/

If anybody here speaks Japanese, they may find this interesting - the videos won't embed here but they are entitled

An experiment of true Psychokinesis:​

Back