• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

PTSD

Met a lady last night who recently found a close relation dead. She told me that she keeps remembering the scene over and over and dreams about it every night. She also mistakenly sees people who are sitting still or reclining as dead and wants to call an ambulance for them. Poor girl.

I told her it sounds like PTSD and she needs to see the doctor urgently. Because she has a baby she is entitled to be seen more quickly by the NHS, which is helpful, though it could still be a while.

However, she has supportive relations who, although traumatised themselves, are taking care of her. So she's not really so unlucky.

If only you have an opportunity to lend her an ear, it could be a bridge before the authorities get their shit together, scargs. Keep one of your antennae aloft for this person. GODS bless you.

If only you have an opportunity to lend her an ear, it could be a bridge before the authorities get their shit together, scargs. Keep one of your antennae aloft for this person. GODS bless you.

Thank you! Yup, I will be keeping in touch with her and the family. I met them in a bereavement support group which I help to run. I feel that they are coping quite well together, overall. Early days yet though of course.

Recovery and restoration on offer at bush camp run by veterans, for veterans
Key points:
  • Ex-veterans have acquired a bush camp property south of Perth
  • They offer respite care and assistance to ex-military personnel like Adam
  • They are calling on government and local businesses to sponsor the project
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...-veterans-support-where-they-need-it/11752310

Recovery and restoration on offer at bush camp run by veterans, for veterans
Key points:
  • Ex-veterans have acquired a bush camp property south of Perth
  • They offer respite care and assistance to ex-military personnel like Adam
  • They are calling on government and local businesses to sponsor the project
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...-veterans-support-where-they-need-it/11752310

Back